[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
art school confidential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 51W0SPWWNRL.jpg (57 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
51W0SPWWNRL.jpg
57 KB, 348x500
any other good movies about learning art?
>>
anyone know that movie, asian students, one of them wanting to be the best, its a comedy i think but yea basically a movie about animation and the main character loves it over the top kind of way
>>
>>2482166
Whiplash, even if it's music instead of visual art. The professor is basically what /ic/ wants to be at least.
>>
>>2482172
i think you mean blue blazes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c13f0e8vWDQ
>>
>>2482174
we had a thread about this. this movie is shite. the teacher is abusive and it glorifies the cancerous, elitist and rival music scene.
>>
>>2482210
uh oh someone don't have the spark
>>
>>2482210
The movie is a work of fiction and anyone taking it serious is an idiot. The movie is great.
>>
>>2482237
that spark meme is funny, but I don't believe too much in talent. if you show a keen interest and involvement in art you have the right amount of talent to work on your skills. sure, some have a natural feeling for perspective for example, some learn faster.
but most of it is hard work and most people can do this.

>>2482239
I don't like the movie and as it stands, the movie's obviously not a satire. the director himself struggled to be a jazz drummer, so a lot of his personal experience went into this film.
also I live in a city that spawned many musicians and work with a lot of music students and they are all rivals, trying to impress their teachers.
the visual art world is much more connected and helpfull.
>>
>>2482250

whiplash is one of my favorite films released in the past few years and I haven't been involved in playing music since freshman year of high school.

What fascinates me about the film is the dynamic between two characters with an obsession over becoming the best I'm the world. The film isn't a satire, but it also doesn't pretend like this obsession is healthy. It actually shows the kid breaking down and giving a lot up trying to push himself before eventually deciding that it's too much for him, leading into the best climax I've seen in years.

It's a great film if you can separate it from your experience in the music world.

>>2482200

blue blazes is fucking great
>>
>>2482210
Yes the teacher is abusive... that's the point. It's still a solid film.
>>
>>2482210
>we had a thread about this
Yeah in which everyone called you out on your faggottry, just like it's happening in this one. As I told you last time, go back to whichever hugbox you came from.
>>
>>2482377
>What fascinates me about the film is the dynamic between two characters
Yeah that's the point of the movie. Only idiotic hardcore jazz fans would think it was meant as a documentary.
>h-he's playing the drums wrong this movie is garbage!
>>
>>2482965
well you are a tight assed motherfucker. you're also mistaking me with someone else.
>>
>>2482965
but don't bother to spill your milk over this. I am off playing Dark Souls III.
Peace Out.
>>
>>2482166
not movies but search on youtube for: the secret of drawing.

>https://warosu.org/ic/thread/2301384
>>
>>2483020
>the secret of drawing
thanks that's actually a nice watch, its like stephen fry's babel except with drawing instead of language
>>
>>2483051
sure np. there's 4 episodes of the secret of drawing one similar series is urasawa naoki no manben (jap and also some ep's are on youtube)

also if you haven't watch this one (why beauty matters)
https://vimeo.com/112655231
>>
>>2482174
knew about it since the oscars that year etc. hadn't watched it, just finished and I'm impressed it was very good
>>
This movie is a shit. It's to artists like the big bang theory is to nerds.
>>
>>2483223
I don't know man. There's some pretty clever on the nose satire in it. I especially like the crits where Malkovich gives one bit of advice and then the exact opposite next time. It's fucking uncanny how often these assholes do this.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.