[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long does it take to improve from a beginner level? And how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How long does it take to improve from a beginner level? And how much time daily/weekly does /ic/ recommend drawing?
>>
>>2481131
here are my 2 cents

>How long does it take to improve from a beginner level?
you will probably notice improvement in a week since beginners have big gains. You won't be satisfied and will still be considered a beginner for many years.

>And how much time daily/weekly does /ic/ recommend drawing?
3-4 hours a day 3-4 days a week if you are a human. Too much and you will feel like its a chore, not enough and you won't get enough mileage fast enough
>>
File: 1458466938934.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458466938934.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
>>2481131
>How long does it take
Until you start seeing shapes properly
>How much time to draw
The amount that gives you steady progress.

Bonus:
>How do I plateau at beginner ?
Dunning Krugger, fundrawing, not looking at art critically and not looking at enough art.
>>
>>2481131
Depends on what you consider "beginner" and on your set goal. Generally I'd try to make it a habit first. And better make it a fun one you stick with. Consistency is key. Get a sketchbook, draw at least 5 minutes a day. Trust me, you'll want to draw more. But set yourself achievable goals.
>>
>>2481143
> fundrawing

When will this meme end?

You should enjoy the process of drawing desu, else it'll be a neverending chore.
>>
>>2481131
There really should have been more improvement in this considering it was over the course of 5 years.
>>
>>2481174
Life is pain.
If you're not tired then you didn't work.
>>
>>2481213
Person probably didn't practice until year 4 or 5 and just used some old ass notebook sketch as reference.

I was a bit into drawing at the end of high school and early college, but had to stop to focus on my business major. Now a few years later I'm slowly trying to get back into it when I have free time after work.
>>
>>2481131

2-3 years if you take it very seriously, 4-6 if you don't take it so seriously.
>>
Anyone got some timeline improvement references they wanna share? I'm curious how fast /ic/ progresses.
>>
>>2481143
insightful
>>
>>2481143
This.
I've noticed a lot of low-tier artists don't look enough god-tier artists to see quality. Either you can't google properly, sheltered, or plain autistic.
>>
>>2481174
There comes a point after starting the fundamentals where you can start fundrawing. But it's never as soon as you expect. A solid foundation is a lot more worth it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.