[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best legitimate drawing forum that doesn't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1455331887956.gif (1 MB, 262x143) Image search: [Google]
1455331887956.gif
1 MB, 262x143
Whats the best legitimate drawing forum that doesn't have spark ligameme loomis posting autists. I've had it with this place.
>>
>>2481112
>>>/i/
>>
>>2481112
r/drawing
>>
>>2481112
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>online art community
Great meme
>>
>>2481121
>>2481125
>>2481127
>>2481247
Exactly the kind of dumb fucks the OP was talking about.
>>
>>2481112
Forums are dead OP. All of the good ones died around 2008-2010.
>>
>>2481249
You triggered my trap card :^)
>>
>>2481112

Why do you even need a forum? And even if you find one it will guaranfuckingtee consist of:
-"Wow!! I love your stuff! :D" - asspatting
-Fake personalities
-Being helpful just for the sake of not getting left out of the circlejerk
-Being helpful so you can take a look at their stuff aka you suck my dick I suck yours
-Signatures, profile icons, post likes/thanks/recommended
-bullshit strike rules

Go solo. Get good. Be the lone ranger. If you want art friends (who will suck your dick) you can clearly find plenty and talk to them on skype or IRC.

The benefit of /ic/ is you can come here and unload what you really want to say.
>>
>>2481261

There is no benefit to /ic/ It's nothing but spark posting loomis spamming ligameming faggotry.
>>
>>2481262
Well it is when you suck and struggle to get advices

Just git gud
>>
>>2481262

It's just nosebro and his coons forcing their memes.
>>
>>2481262
just ignore the shit and take from it what you can.
you could have insightful discussions about art in the comment section on youtube if you wanted. it is what you make of it
>>
>>2481262
conceptart brah
>>
>>2481112
There is actually a good community but I won't name it on /ic/
>>
>>2481249
hello OP ;)
>>
>>2481261
Last time i got crit it was some guy literally telling me im bad and needs to get better.

he didnt even meme me with loomis or tell me to go back to fundamentals, he just told me im shit at what im doing
>>
>>2481293
CA is just like any other forum rn because of >>2481261 reasons

/ic/ is a cloaca, but there is no alternative.
>>
>>2481112
I wouldn't look for a community moreso people you can trust people you can call friends

Find some of those and you'll be good to go
>>
>>2481419
Getting into arguments with people and pretending to be arrogant increases your chance of getting a good criticism.
>>
>>2481112
I only come on here to spout memes. I've never given feedback on anything, kek.
>>
>>2481112
A subreddit
>>
>>2481312
Funny thing is, other communities are gonna spam the same memes regardless. Hell, even furfags can't escape memes. When I see furfags ask how to draw furries, always told learn anatomy, learn perspective, learn how to draw animals....... learn loomis.
>>
>>2486218
/ic/ has such great influence
>>
>>2481262

You could literally just git gud and use Loomis but instead you're choosing to not have the spark

Typical ligafail poster
>>
Nothing will beat having a small circle of peers to share work with.

I suggest reaching out to artists who are better than you, but aren't likely swamped with professional work. Talk to them a bit about how you're interested in being there for them for feedback in return for their own.

Also email you work to your biggest idols, and ask for some feedback. It's not a good idea to bug them constantly with new work, but you'll be surprised how many people will be willing to give you advice.

To the same extent, you can even ask for career advice. I've learned invaluable techniques that have bolster my professional success just because I asked some of my favorite professional artists for some tips.

This is the best way to talk about work and receive feedback.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.