[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Flip Horizontal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1442292361916.png (3 KB, 140x134) Image search: [Google]
1442292361916.png
3 KB, 140x134
>Flip Horizontal
>>
File: 1453734879337.jpg (15 KB, 250x267) Image search: [Google]
1453734879337.jpg
15 KB, 250x267
>flip your drawing upside down
>it looks better like this
>>
bind it to a shortcut, press it every minute
>>
you finna wanna be doin that shit from the beginning, nigga
>>
fdd
>>
File: imgres.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>traditional drawing
>use references
>everything looks proportional
>hold it up to a mirror
>mfw
>>
>>2480861
Why does this happen? Why can it look okay until it's flipped?
>>
>>2482184
Because you don't flip your work often as you go. If you stay in the same position all the time your work will look autistic.
>>
>>2482184
You get accustomed to the view, making you not notice mistakes. Flipping the image "resets" your eye.
>>
>>2482299
>>2482266
So does that mean other people will look at it and see it's all fucked up?
>>
>>2482449
If there's something obviously wrong, people will notice. Like a face slanted on one side or a building being skewed wrong.

Think of the flipping as a self-second-opinion. Easy way to go "how does this look to someone else?", without actually having someone else there.
>>
>>2482554
>Like a face slanted on one side
When do you know that's the drawing and not just you? I can take a selfie -- and flip it so that it's different to how I usually see myself in the mirror -- and feel that my face is all fucked up.
>>
>work for a few hours
>flip
eh good enough
>flip back
>>
>>2483343
people begin to accept a face after looking at it long enough, everyone has assymetries to their face. when you're drawing a face and you flip it you'll notice the assymetries more because of this same thing, but you have a dominant eye for this. so what the other anon is partially true but the jarringness also comes from just not being used to it.
still good to do tho
>>
File: Dogmeat.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dogmeat.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
tfw
>looks shit before it's flipped
>never even bothered to flip it
>>
>>2483343
>what is composition
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.