[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drawing with your arm vs your wrist.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Ami RI.png (1 MB, 758x808) Image search: [Google]
Ami RI.png
1 MB, 758x808
I'm just starting art and the books I've browsed when out at the book store say to draw with your arm. I wrote almost exclusively using my wrist for a very long time (and now I type a lot, which is even less arm-intensive), and I'm trying to break the habit.

Is there any time where drawing with your wrist is useful? Or should I just unlearn the habit now and reintroduce it when I'm at that level in drawing?

Also do you guys draw full figures/objects even if you aren't good and also study basic forms? I've been trying to just draw forms but it gets discouraging not drawing actual objects or people.
>>
>>2477845
Oh, circles are definitely much easier drawing with my arm than my wrist.
>>
You should only be using your wrist for the small details, and even then you shouldn't be focusing on those until you're better. If you feel you need to get those details in, draw bigger or use larger paper.

When drawing the basic forms, you should also be trying to apply them to objects and people around you. It doesn't help if you just try to learn something and never apply it.
>>
>>2477845
If your drawing digital you can get by doing everything with your wrist because you can always just zoom out. But it will definitely be easier in the long run to use your shoulder and elbow.
>>
File: Foot.jpg (28 KB, 569x545) Image search: [Google]
Foot.jpg
28 KB, 569x545
>>2477845
No rules, just tools

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NfXr4m5gpk
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.