[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can ruin your career as an artist? I've been involved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1424398264582.jpg (30 KB, 494x380) Image search: [Google]
1424398264582.jpg
30 KB, 494x380
What can ruin your career as an artist?

I've been involved in some "community" drama where I post my stuff. I popped off to some people starting shit with me and basically if anyone was so inclined they could find this dirt and make "callout" posts about me on social media.

How fucked am I? Do people stop caring eventually? This was last year but I did overhear people still gossiping about me, even telling fans to "avoid me at all costs".
>>
>>2476236
OP provide greentext?
>>
>>2476236
People will make shit up if there isn't anything real out there so who the fuck cares.

Apparently in college I use to pimp out my GF for gas money or some shit. Or apparently I am obsessed with a certain bitch of a girl and all my paintings are of her. Also, my ex is trying to tell everyone I trick girls into liking me by telling depressing stories about my life so I can use them.

These are actual rumors about me. Started by some incredibly dickish people I once called friends.

Which would be fine in most cases because they would just stay within their circle of friends. But I'm a little bit know among artists now and these rumors persisted. I haven't done anything nefarious to anyone in my life but people are cunts.
>>
>>2476246
jesus christ you sound like a prissy cunt. no wonder all your friends are prissy cunts.
>>
>>2476254
how the fuck does that sound prissy at all?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>2476254
faggots like you are why this board is shit.
>>
>>2476246
There is recorded evidence of me being a terrible person though.

Ah well...
>>
If you're good enough, it literally does not matter what you do.
If you come off as a faggot that doesn't care about others, that doesn't care about gitting gud, and you're art is only a little above average. you won't get a job, because no one wants a faggot.
>>
>>2476269
It's like I'm sayin man, it doesn't matter.

Even if there wasn't actual evidence people still believe the made up rumors. Just wait till there's another dumb drama moment where some art site or art school does something wrong. /ic/ loves that shit and eats up rumors even if they are obviously way the fuck out there.

Whatever evidence you have out there it's probably no where near what these idiots can make up.
>>
>>2476270
What the fuck is this? Is this even english?
>>
>>2476277
What's hard to understand about what I said. Given I am exhausted right now, but it basically comes down to.
>If you're good it doesn't matter
>If you're shit and you're an asshole on top of it, you're fucked
People are willing to take risks on people who suck if they like them as people, and have faith in their abilities.
People are also willing to pay for guaranteed success from someone they see as an asshat, but they know he'll get the job done.
>>
>>2476277

What is with this shitty forced meme? It's fucking cancer. It's obviously English. It isn't funny. I'm not even the guy you responded to, and I felt fucking compelled to come in and comment on how fucking retarded it is. Get out with that bullshit.
>>
>>2476246
>>2476254
>>2476257
>>2476262
>>2476270
>>2476274
>>2476277
>>2476279
>>2476282

All these posts have curse words in them. Tone it down, kiddos.
>>
>>2476286
Faggot isn't a curse word faggot.
>>
>>2476288

Do you kiss your little sister with that mouth?
>>
>>2476289
Yeah, do you not kiss your sister? You a faggot or something?
>>
>>2476282
> It's obviously English
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
>>
>>2476290

I'll have you know I kiss my sister every night before bed.
>>
>>2476282
>calls shit memes
>uses meme words like cancer

You realize this is exactly what I was commenting on right? How you dumb faggots use meme words instead of actual useful english words?

You're such a massive faggot you don't even know it. You're delusional. You're retarded. And you're a faggot. Just quite while you're behind because it's not getting much better for you.
>>
File: spooks.gif (7 KB, 170x200) Image search: [Google]
spooks.gif
7 KB, 170x200
>>2476286
lemme guess you're female?
>>
>>2476236
having friends and having a girl friend.
>>
File: 1459997078040.jpg (26 KB, 539x437) Image search: [Google]
1459997078040.jpg
26 KB, 539x437
>>2476341

Wow how'd you know that? No, I won't be your boyfriend.
>>
I think the source of all this anger in this thread is the fact that we hate nothing more than ourselves
>>
>>2476358

Tru
>>
blogging
>>
>>2476299

>"quit using meme words"
>calls someone a faggot 3 times

Let me guess, you're just being clever right? Making a little statement on your secret club meme site that "has totally gone down the drain since '08" right? This fucking guy. You're so far up your own asshole with bullshit you don't even realize you're being a hypocrite.
>>
>>2476442
how the fuck is faggot a meme word?

Good god you're retarded.
>>
>>2476236
Revealing your political power level.
I'm fairly popular tier and I know for a fact I'd lose most of my fanbase if they knew I supported Trump.
>>
>>2476442
>>2476448
>>2476299

you both are dumb as fuck and need to get off the internet for a few minutes

just the way both of you type makes me imagine its two pimply 14 year olds with greasy hair typing away
>>
File: RF005.jpg (10 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
RF005.jpg
10 KB, 312x312
>>2476448

Do you know where you are? I was hoping you were using it ironically, because if you weren't you are the last person who should be critiquing people on their grammar.
>>
>>2476460
>>>/v/
>>
>>2476353
I'll take you in as long as you aren't fat.
>>
just ignore it. your peers are generally assholes who wish to see you fall so they can step on your shoulder, so just befriend the nice people and ignore the rest.
>>
File: 1429069605257.jpg (136 KB, 636x1030) Image search: [Google]
1429069605257.jpg
136 KB, 636x1030
>>2476478
How do I know which ones are the nice one and which ones are the ones pretending to be nice?
>>
>>2476236
grow a pair of balls, girl
>>
>>2476490
>the ones pretending to be nice
those usually do it for a reason, and when an opportunity for that comes up, they are going to use it
>>
>>2476286
Agreed, while we may be on a green... red (I'm color blind) board, this is still a christian website and we need to make sure we don't say anything bad.
>>
>>2476452
And you sound like a faggot that would vape.
>>
>>2476460
>meme
>grammar
Christ you're retarded.
>>
In my experience, tumblrcunts do this to people who care about SJW nonsense in the first place, or those who are known to be women since they are easier targets Like all lefties, they eat their own. I know a ton of abysmally problematique openly reactionary artists who are entirely unaffected - nobody goes after them because a) they don't care b) it will bear no impact anyway.

Your solutions are as follows:

1) Stop being a tumblrnose artist whose career is entirely dependent on what trans woc deathfats think of you. In gritty merc_wip concept art circles the only thing that matters is your portfolio, and the guy hiring you will probably be a neoreactionary anyway. He doesn't give two shits about you misniggering someone or liking Iggy Azalea unironically.

2) Don't mix personal blogging and art. Being a relatable "real" person with opinions may make sense marketing wise (yet again if your primary audience is ronery bandwagon jumping SJW garbage who refer you to each other or only buy your stuff because you agree with them), but it also creates a major vulnerability. If you had a normie job in management/finance/marketing, you'd know that one must keep opinions on politics and religion as far from your professional circle as possible.

3) Stop caring. Ignoring them instead of actively defending yourself from accusations eventually makes them look like the obsessed spergs they are, and all things die down with time. If you want, focus on catering to your fans who will defend you.

4) Don't have your real name or offline identity connected to your art. Hide as many things as possible, and just post work.

That is all. Godspeed.
>>
>>2477704
>Like all lefties
Cmon man, I don't think low of every right winger cause a few of them are fucktards.
>>
>>2477704
It's incredibly hard to separate your personal beliefs with your art blog. Every now and then you will see something so incredibly stupid it's hard to not lose your shit.
>>
>>2477767
>Every now and then you will see something so incredibly stupid it's hard to not lose your shit.

Which is the sort of behavior that others will find so incredibly stupid that they lose their shit.
Instead of positing it with your art, get on omegle or talk to a friend about it. If you're feeling angry and typing into your blog at the same time, that should be a major red flag that you're fucking up and need to go take a walk
>>
>>2477767
you could have 2 accounts you know, one for art, real name or not, and one for normie stuff, real name or not, but never the same name
>>
>>2477767
Sorry, it's part of being a professional. If you can't do it, you can't do art.
>>2477757
You're absolutely right. I guess a better term for this would be "clique mentality" - it applies to every group bound by a fucktarded belief and no-nuance approach.
>>
>>2477781
>being passoniate about things you love or hate means you can't create art
That's like... the best attribute to have as an artist.
>>
>>2477807
He means that being openly political will make it harder to succeed with art as a profession
>>
>>2477808

only if your politics are on the right of the spectrum. never yet seen an artist suffer for being too far left.
>>
>>2477824
Rightwing is surely more detrimental to a career right now but being completely neutral will surely yield more customers than being a revolutionary commie
>>
>>2476358
wow
>>
>>2477807
>not expressing them vaguely and passive-aggressively through your artwork instead of shitposting about it

Do you even art?
>>
File: 1459703812489.jpg (341 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1459703812489.jpg
341 KB, 1200x1600
>>2476236
if you aren't proficient enough at what you do that people are willing to overlook your flaws/shady past then you deserve to bu shut down.

just look at hollywood or the big athletes, they all have something to hide but the media simply ignores it. even if it ever gets out so long as its not illegal it shouldn't make any difference.

t. someone that fucks up constantly
>>
>>2476468
Sure, as long as you are a 10/10 & make 6 figures.
>>
>>2477807
Nah, it's being able to get away with almost anything including being batshit about politics

People treat you differently when they know you can draw at least decently. It's fucking awesome.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.