[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darth Vader Animation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: vaderthumbnail.jpg (553 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vaderthumbnail.jpg
553 KB, 1920x1080
What do you think of this video I made? I did everything, including; modeling, rigging, n-cloth, animation, lighting, rendering, texturing as well as the sound effects and editing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVDVxSv-Ky8
>>
>>2475612
It's boring as fuck.
Like almost anything made in 3d
>>
hahahaha sure it is.
>>
>>2475631

What do you have against 3D?
>>
>>2477372
Everything looks stiff as fuck if it's not up to the polish level of Pixar or anyone like that.
>>
Decent, for a solo job. Don't think it will land you a job, though. Douche anon is right. It looks way too stiff.
Traditional animation techniques have an application in 3d animation. I suggest you study them to make your work more convincing.
>>
Great job for doing it all yourself. Obviously some areas are going to suffer - you're a much better modeler than animator - but many places just need general 3D people.
>>
>>2475612

Looks like ps1

Look, really when it comes to 3D, subtle movements, realistic physics, acting, this is the kind of stuff you really have to work on, over and over, otherwise its always going to look like posessed anamatronics
>>
>>2479149
>realistic physics, acting, this is the kind of stuff you really have to motion capture
ftfy
>>
What do you think of this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tDxr4tORpc

Most people I show my work to actually think I use motion capture.
>>
>>2482547

The aesthetics are garbage, looks like 3d from the 90's. The animation is pretty nice though and shows promise.
>>
>>2475612
You need to work on your design sensibilities. The only aesthetically-pleasing thing in the video from that perspective was Vader, because you already had a good design to work with. Those robots looked like they were made of Bionicle parts.

Other than that, it's not bad for a solo project.
>>
Most 3D figure animation these days uses real actors with ping pong balls to get fluid character movements. I think it's pretty good for a 'Solo' effort. It might get you a job doing work as part of a team.
>>
Thanks to you guys I keep getting views so keep it rolling! I know the work is not 100 percent perfect. My goal is to eventually reach studio level quality all on my own in all aspects of 3D. No matter how much time or years it takes. You guys only strengthen my resolve, so thanks for that. I already get plenty of work freelancing, so I have no interest in being part of a team. I think teams of people are ultimately inefficient and not worth their cost.
>>
>>2482999
Honestly, if you keep on going the track you're going, you'll get somewhere. You seem to have a lot of subs for an animation channel and your models look aesthetically pleasing enough. What program do you use, btw?
>>
>>2483084
thanks a lot! I try to improve every time I make a new animation. Always pushing myself to be better. I use maya for everything. (The only one I can afford to buy a commercial license with haha). It isn't the best for everything, but it is able to do everything, so that is what's important. How about you?
>>
>>2483107
I'm altering between Blender and 3DS Max (student license) for a lot of stuff. I'm a beginner, and started a few months ago. I've heard Maya is great for importing models from games and making models of your own. Know any tutorial channels for Maya?
>>
>>2483113
I actually have a tutorial on my channel haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7uEaWHR3bE
It takes you from not knowing how to even use Maya to modeling your first robot.
Otherwise there is one guy called deepfriedectoplasm a lot of his tutorials are really amazing and helped me a lot.
>>
>>2483136
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.