[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
talent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
what if i can draw somewhat like sargent and im only a senior in highschool?
>>
you have The Spark
>>
It's called Dunning Kruger Snydrome. Just keep working on your art and in a few years, when you look back at those "Sargent-tier" paintings from highschool, you will cringe and have a nice laugh.
>>
post work
>>
Talent exists don't fall for the "you just gotta work hard" meme. Remember there's only one kjg.
>>
>>2475446
Then you need to look at paintings in person and try to find out what it is that makes them good or special or unique. If you really think you have what it takes, get some experience in a professional setting, talk to people and put your work out there, and finally realize you actually can't draw like Sargent.
>>
>>2475446
Even if you are not sargent tier at all but really really shit. If you are serious about your art, and also you are in high school.
talk to local artists that do what you want to do, ask them how you should learn. how to improve
and then Fucking practice that shit

That's what highschool is, a lot of time to draw.

when you are as old as most of us here are
you wil actually be pretty okay at drawing
>>
i started studing bridgman and loomis at 14 and now im pretty decent
>>
>>2475460
>>2475452
way to be postive and shit.
>>
>>2475455
>Remember there's only one kjg.

Yeah, but you will never know how good KJG would have been if he hadn't worked hard, because the KJG you know has filled an insane amount of sketchbooks with life drawings, studies and sketches over his years. If you had put in even half the amount of work he has done, you wouldn't be KJG, but you would be a far superior artist version of yourself than what you are right now.
>>
op here
i can do pencil drawings but i want to get into the industry during the summer. How do i start?
>>
>>2475475
Post your work and I'll do my best to help you.
>>
>>2475479
>MORE LOOMIS
>>
>>2475481
>MEMES
>>
File: portrait study.jpg (149 KB, 766x1044) Image search: [Google]
portrait study.jpg
149 KB, 766x1044
sample of my work but its a copy of another persons work
>>
>>2475494
LOL
>>
File: Henry_James_(charcoal).jpg (83 KB, 628x881) Image search: [Google]
Henry_James_(charcoal).jpg
83 KB, 628x881
>>2475494
It's too uptight and there's no proper value range. The only places where you're actually going dark are the facial features and it just distracts from the rest of it and makes the portrait look cartoony. You're drawing like you just learn how to draw, not like someone who knows how to paint. Sargent's work is an entire universe apart.
>>
how long do i get work
>>
>>2475494
> copy of another persons work
what does this mean exactly? I don't understand.
>>
"master" study
>>
>>2475494
http://houstonsharp.deviantart.com/art/Pencil-self-portrait-study-315754642

Unless you're Houston Sharp your a fucking liar anon
>>
>>2475494
no thats totally like sargent good good not off at all good you still got far bb
>>
>>2475494
do you have any samples of your work that aren't copies of other people's work?
>>
>>2475519
>>2475520

see >>2475518
>>
that was a sample of my skill right now (aka thats not my art) but i want to wait to get really good before i post my work
>>
>>2475523
>that was a sample of my skill right now (aka thats not my art)

If it's not your work it's not your skill either.
>>
>>2475523
lmao
so your shit, good to know.
>>
>>2475523
dude, if you're actually as good as you say, post your fucking art or nobody can help you here
>>
i looked at my art and that was the image closest to my skill level without actually posting my work
>>
File: 1458823636739.jpg (129 KB, 750x960) Image search: [Google]
1458823636739.jpg
129 KB, 750x960
>>2475530
>Hey guys this is my skill level without actually posting anything dont h8.

Like you either post YOUR work or you don't post anything. Nobody cares about Houstan Sharp and how bad you want to jerk him off at his art bench. Just show us how shit you are.
>>
lets say im close to that level, Will i be able to get work?
>>
>>2475541
If you can't handle showing a bunch of shmucks on 4chan your drawings, you sincerely aren't anywhere near ready to show your work to professionals. I don't have to see it to know. If you're that insecure it means you haven't taken real criticism before and that means your work is nowhere near as good as you think it is. Furthermore doing copies and studies won't get you work in "the industry". Whether you want to work in games, comics, or film you need to be able to invent not just copy and you need to show variety. You also need to be more mature than you currently have shown you are for industry professionals to take you seriously and want to work with you. It's possible to get work soon after high school but right now you don't sound like you have the right mindset to make it happen.
>>
>>2475541
yeah, easy peasy
>>
>>2475541
no, you're a long way from getting work and your art skills are not your only problem
>>
>>2475546
/thread
>>
>>2475546
this nigga knows what's up
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.