[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have $300 dollars and I want to make professional comics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Dark Tower iss 04 pg 17.jpg (368 KB, 958x1500) Image search: [Google]
Dark Tower iss 04 pg 17.jpg
368 KB, 958x1500
What supplies are a must.
>>
Git gud and lurk more before you spend anything you poorfag
>>
File: mc.jpg (117 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
mc.jpg
117 KB, 800x800
>>2474336
pencil & paper.
use the rest of the money for scanning at a copy shop and a steak.
>>
>>2474336
Depends, what kind of comics are you doing? Manga, for instance, typically, use G-pens, and that uses certain paper and shit, but western comics are a lot more lax with the expected materials you use. Really, whatever you're comfortable using, and if there's a certain style you want to pull off, just look for the big names making those comics and see their materials list.
>>
>>2474336
Bristol board (11x17 if you can find it, but usually 14x17 that you have to cut down), pencils, erasers, brush for inking, ink. Pen for ruling borders. 18-24" ruler. All set. Shouldn't cost you that much money.
>>
>>2474336
A Wacom tablet.
>>
>>2474692
kill thyself
>>
Does anybody recommend any books about making comics beyond the ones by Scott McCloud? I already have all three of those.
>>
>>2475234
Framed Ink
>>
Supplies and books won't do much to help you in your quest if you're shit at drawing. Even if that's not the case, if you're looking to work at Marvel, DC or any other publisher, know that your chances of getting a gig with them out of the gate are low as you're competing with artists who are well-connected, cheaper, and/or faster than you. So your drawing skill isn't the only thing you'll need to work on.
>>
>>2474336
>that pic
jesus fuck, imaginary line please. I can't tell what the fuck is supposed to be going on at all.
>>
>>2475395
Lmao this isn't my drawing, its from the guy who did the Dark Tower comic book and its one of his sketches for a page. Just an example of the sort of realism I'm going for.
>>
>>2474419
I have a calligraphy pen, does it work the same as a G pen? If so, its really hard to use and is completely unpredictable.
>>
>>2475395
>lady tries to knock cowpoke out with log
>He blocks
>Sudden stop of log beingblocked causes her to drop it.
>Lady realizes she fucked up and is terrified
>Cowpoke closeup for "you dun goof'd, bitch"
Atleast that's how i interpret it.
But you're right, the panelling and flow aren't very good.

>>2474336
As for the OP. get a few sketch pads($30), an ink brush (10$) a clutch pencil + leads ($25) a mech pencil+leads ($10) and a set of inking pens (30$).

then go download everything Loomis read through and do all the exercises, within a year or two of hard work you'll get a good handle on figure drawing. Then start on perspective.

>Figure & Perspective
these two are the only real things you need to make comics, you can practically ass the rest with knowledge you gained from your previous studies.

Granted i'm still doing my figure studies so take what i say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>2475904
irc they're similar but a Gpen has more "give" with line weights, they're quite hard to get a hold of actually, but they're definitely worth it in the end.

But the trick is constantly switching your inking sets to get the feel of all of them.
>>
1. Ink, paper, pencil, brushes/dip pens, a scanner and some kind of software to clean up and format your work.

2. A tablet and manga studio.
>>
>>2475395
>>2475928

The page is fine, it's just taken out of context.
>>
how old are u ?
>>
>>2475934
Not necessarily true, a G nib can be considered stiff compared to calligraphy nibs like the Hunt 101 or Gillott 303, something like that will be almost too difficult to control for drawing. Very hard to keep a consistently fine line with nibs that soft, and you'll be dipping constantly since if you flex a bit too much you'll be dumping your ink on the page.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.