[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cant find a good brush for PS. I want to draw clean lines like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: brs.jpg (231 KB, 739x809) Image search: [Google]
brs.jpg
231 KB, 739x809
I cant find a good brush for PS. I want to draw clean lines like these sketches (black ones) but I only get blurried/fat/dirty lines (red ones).

Im using the default brushes but when its the time to do the inking it always becomes the usual fat lines.

Any tips? Any recommended brush? I followed several tutorials out there but everyone seems to like those fat/pressure lines instead of a clean and b/w smooth lineart.
>>
>>2473890
Take a soft round brush and make it very small and have a big canvas (at least 3k pixels in one dimension)
>>
>>2473890

Why don't you focus on getting good and stop worrying about a brush. If you want to do manga style stuff you shouldn't be using PS in the first place.
>>
>>2473890
turn down/off antialiasing
>>
>>2473890
just use any brush and add some pen pressure variation to it?
there is nothing special about those black lines
it's just that adding black here and there and retracing some lines to make them thicker will give off a better impression.and that's what happened with those sketches.

it's not the brush, it's mostly skill related.
>>
All those drawings are resized. Search for some hi-res artwork and you'll notice it doesn't look as good if you look at it closely. I noticed that the 3-4px hard brush tends to be more used.
>>
>>2473890
PS brushes from the artist called "Ray Frenden"

>everyone seems to like those fat/pressure lines instead of a clean and b/w smooth lineart.
Set "minimum brush diameter" (it's called something like that) to something like 20% or 50%, and you'll get less variation in your line weight. This will help you get those thin, uniform-ish lines you're looking for.
>>
>>2473890
you know, when I first started painting digitally you literally couldn't even create brushes. You either had hard/soft round, or hard/soft angled round.

I have been using those same brushes for 10-11 years now.
>>
Your brush doesnt have pen pressure settings on and is generally larger than the black's one
>>
>>2473897
>implying my computer can handle 3k+ canvases
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.