[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw this book in a Japanese bookstore, loved the cover art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: b5003501.jpg (275 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
b5003501.jpg
275 KB, 600x600
I saw this book in a Japanese bookstore, loved the cover art so I bought it thinking it might have more. Turns out its just a bunch of art for the character...

Anyway, I've done some searching and the name of the illustrator who did the cover is Akemi Hayashi, but I can't find that much online.. Any tips?
>>
i think it's the official artist for evangelion
>>
Akemi Hayashi isn't an illustrator, she's an animator, and most animators (in general. There are exceptions) don't really have large amounts of illustrative work.

The most you can really do is find whatever shows she's worked on and google images. If you can find out which shows there's a possibility she's drawn some promotional art of some sort.
>>
>>2472372

I figured as much as she has credits in a lot of stuff, but I can't find any of her art online.
>>
>>2472630
Here's her twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/akehaya88/media

Hope you'll find something.
>>
>>2472160
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is the official artist for Evangelion.
I've heard Akemi Hayashi in reference to Evangelion, but I have no idea what her role is. She seems like a mediocre shoujo artist who occasionally copies Sadamoto's style.
>>
>>2472952
She was animation director on Eva 3.0.

>mediocre shoujo artist

Are we looking at the same person

If anything her work is more akin to Takeshi Honda or Mai Yoneyama's work than Sadamoto, all of whom are pretty far from "shoujo" shit
>>
>>2472841

why did you link like this

https://twitter.com/akehaya88
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.