[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone use a tablet with a screen? I'm thinking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: 317102-cintiq-24hd.jpg (49 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
317102-cintiq-24hd.jpg
49 KB, 275x275
Does anyone use a tablet with a screen?

I'm thinking of buying one. I have a separate small no screen tablet and kind of hate it desu.
>>
I use the surface pro 4.
>>
File: eviltrollmonsterthing.jpg (44 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
eviltrollmonsterthing.jpg
44 KB, 512x512
Yes. I am using it right now.
>>
They are not worth the price. You can buy a new powerful PC with a large Intuos Pro and a great monitor for the same money. If you don't give a fuck about the money, then buy it. But it won't really improve your skills though.
>>
>>2469560

You then run into the realization that your hand is in the way of the drawing. What the other guy said--you might as well buy a really nice big monitor and a large intuos.
>>
>>2469583
yiynova and monoprice both make very good painting displays that are on a reasonable budge. You don't have to spend $2000 on a cintiq.
>>
>>2469560
>desu
this is a troll mocking the fact that supposedly against the rules tablet threads keep getting replies

Get an x200t anon
>>
>>2469560
check the catalog first next time.
>>>2432165
>>
>>2469587
Huion is better
>>
>>2469588
desu = desu
>>
>>2469588
>>2469681
's m h' auto filters to desu
>>
>>2469694
baka desu senpai
>>
>>2469584
Are you retarded? Have you ever used a pencil on paper? Or is your hand blocking your view?
>>
>>2469705

I barely draw on paper.
>>
>>2469560

I switched from wacom pro 4 small, drawing on a 27inch screen, was fine but I felt tired from drawing looking at the screen while drawing. When I draw on paper. I never get tired of fatigued.

I got a monoprice 22inch digital-screen tablet. Aside from the glass, which I kind of like. ( Has a paper like cover here I can add later. ) Since I can see my hand, and follow my eyes with the line and end of digital-pen. Now I don't get tired. or whatever that feeling is.

I could draw 15 hours straight on paper. With wacom pro 4 small, looking up at a 27inch screen I'd draw maybe an hour. Now I'm drawing about 6 hours straight. Best decision ever.
>>
>>2469716

Probably not, or you'd realize your hand being in the way is almost never a problem.
>>
File: 1457584639216.jpg (51 KB, 492x557) Image search: [Google]
1457584639216.jpg
51 KB, 492x557
>>2469560

Cintiq 27HD is master race

Intuos is for artists who haven't made it yet
>>
>>2469560

22 inch HD Wacom if you can afford it. 13 inch HD if you're on a budget. Bigger than that is unnecessary and can be downright inconvenient.

I can't speak to the quality of Wacom's competitors, but I do know that Wacom products are very durable and last forever.

As for the Cintiq vs. Intuos thing, I'll jsut say this. Buying a Cintiq won't make you a better artist, but it will allow you to maximize your abilities and work considerably faster and more efficiently.
>>
if youre a real artist you can write it off in your taxes.
>>
>>2469560
I got the cintiq companion 2 and love it. I like the portability and that I don't need to bring my laptop with me when I want to bring my tablet. It's a decent size so I can comfortably use more of my arm and less of my wrist to draw too which is the problem I had with my last tablet (monoprice, no screen)
>>
>>2469584
Lol move your fucking hand out of the way. You really think it's a problem?
>>
>>2469560
I have a huion gt220 colour is decent rivals cintiq I've never had an issue with values being off. The cursor drifts from the pen tip more than a cintiq eg. Cursor will offset depending on where it is top section it offsets to the top, bottom it offsets to the bottom. Never been a huge issue though I got mine for £240
>>
Trying to decide whether to get a surface book 2 later or get a cintiq 13hd now and a book later, guess I could always sell the cintiq. Currently have the small Bamboo so really anything would be an improvement.
>>
>>2472185
fuckin get a yiynova. Panda city is great and if there are any problems they will fix your shit instantly.

Yiynova MSP19U+V5 Tablet Monitor, 2 Pen Kits for $450. Then get a swing arm which is $80.

I have a small bamboo and it works great. Just don't bother with shit tablets like the surface or the cintiq 13hd. The thing is just too small. I mean they are pretty great but the bigger msp19ru is better.
>>
This is just like when photographers discuss lenses.

Git gud first, then buy expensive shit. If you can write it off on your taxes, you are good to go.
>>
>>2472243
don't be stupid.

If you're a photographer it's best to buy equipment you will grow into rather than buying new shit every time you want to achieve something new or different.

Lenses are different and different tasks require a different lens. Good luck trying to do everything on a shit kit lens. Want nice portraits? Get a nice 50mmf1.4 lens. Want to photo some pretty flowers an bugs? A macro 60mmf2.8 lens. Wanna go birding or sports? Get a badass telephoto that's gonna cost more than two to three times what the camera costs. Again, you aren't going to get good bird or animal shots using that 35mm-105mm kit lens.

If you want to specialize you will need that specific equipment. Unless you are one of those fucking faggots that watch the "Fashion photographer uses iphone to take amazing portraits!" videos and not realize he's using a studio and lighting setup that's in the tens of thousands of dollars.

Cintiqs are great pieces of equipment and if you can afford a 22hd or 24hd then get it. If you can only afford a 13hd you are better off getting a yiynova. If you're poor a bamboo will work just as well. It's not going to be nearly as smooth as a painting display however but you can still create the same exact art. After I got my display I found things like painting hair to be much easier.
>>
>>2469560
Having used a non-display tablet for so long switching to a display really fucked my workflow. I thought everything would be exactly the same just better, but there are a lot of thing you have to get used to. Basically what I'm saying is that it's not just an immediate upgrade to your shit.
>>
>>2472294

Well... It was for me.
>>
Man I have cintiq 27 abd it gets really tiring to cover the whole area and everything is faraway, your keyboard your mouse and after 2 hours my back and neck is killing me. With intuos I can comfortably lean back and move my hand in smaller area. Anyone who says cintiq ismore efficient is only comic artist or simething that only requires good linework. For everything else you can comfortably use intuos
>>
>>2472340
maybe because most people aren't fucking retards that buy a fucking TV sized monitor that will be in their fucking faces all day.

22hd cintiq and 19" yiynova are the perfect sizes and both of them work amazing on a swing arm. Which allows you plenty of space while in use and even more when not.
>>
It sounds tempting, but the downsides how it will mess with my work space seem to big.
>>
>>2472197
>>2472185

Don't listen to this guy, you'd be better off with the 13HD. Yiynova has a shit TFT screen and a tiny resolution.
>>
>>2472418
it just gets amazing reviews constantly because it's bad right? That's how reviews work? Constant praise approval means you should stay away from them?

Shut up faggot. You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>2469560
yep. I say go for it, to me it's the greatest investment I ever made.
>>
>>2472449
It's still a 19" with 1440x900 or something similar. These pixel densities were replaced years ago, but then it doesn't mean it's bad. But it could be full of outdated tech.

The low view angle some reviews talk about when it comes to cheaper drawing screens still worries me.
>>
>>2469992
This desu baka @ u senpai
>>
>>2472294
This is one of the things that's holding me back... And my work pose is so comfortable with the Intuos on my desk and the screen right in front of my eyes, I never get any pains and only get "tired" of drawing for a long time in a mental way. Have tried some tablet monitors briefly now and I still can't make up my mind if I like them enough to shell out the cash...
>>
>>2472449

Neither do you, recommending a TN panel for something thats constantly tilted into different positions. If you're not going to shill at least recommend the UGEE 2150. Larger monitor, better monitor (IPS and 1080p), and a better form factor.

Christ this board sometimes.
>>
>>2469560

Consider the Artisul D13
>>
>>2472449
>belving amazon reviews

Holy fucking shit you're stupid. Anyone can mass bomb reviews on Amazon. Companies literally give away their product for free in exchange for an "honest" review which is usually 5 stars. Not saying that chinkion or whatever are giving away tablets for free (which they technically are) but they most likely are using bogus reviews to get actually customers.
>>
>>2472731

I've bought a few things where people gave it 5 out of 5 omfg BBQ clearly shekeles spokes person.

What are returns for mommy? What...you live in a shit-hole 3rd world country. Sucks for you.

Only thing I ever got that was shit was a wacom. I use xp pen. screen, normal tablets all work fine for me. wacom felt like utter shit, wonky ass drivers ( windows 10. ) return was 5 stars for me.
>>
>>2472873
>Only thing I ever got that was shit was a wacom.

Clearly you are the Vice President of Huion Incorporated, Mr. Wong Pong Shwan. Wacom products are superior in every way.
>>
>>2469764
>monoprice 22inch digital-screen tablet

do you notice any real difference in quality between MS vs wacom? I see the monospace is significantly cheaper
>>
I use a Thinkpad Yoga.
Its alright.
The hover area where it sees the pen is closer to the screen than a proper wacom though so I need to use a glove to block it registering my hand.
>>
I once read on here that a cintiq won't nake you better at art, but it will make you able to produce art at a faster rate.
Not sure how much truth there is to that since I don't use a tablet at all, but I could imagine it fo be at least somewhat true.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.