[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do caricature artists keep from getting robbed after a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
How do caricature artists keep from getting robbed after a couple of hours of drawing? It's obvious at the end of the day they have a bunch of cash and are probably pretty scrawny little white boys because they are artists. Should I pack heat if I go out and do this or just run to my car as soon as I'm done?
>>
Just move somewhere where aren't as many niggers.
>>
don't live in africa
>>
>>2469316
and its colonies
>>
>>2469306
go somewhere were there are lots of people (should be obvious since you have to find customers)
park nearby or take public transit (again, people around so that theres a lower chance of shit happening)

also don't be so fucking optimistic noone is going to want to steal your 20 bucks you make drawing retarded children
>>
Where the hell do you live, OP?!
>>
You should always pack heat anyway. This is america ffs.
>>
>>2469306
Get a big dog to bring with you. It will make normos approach you more, and keep scum away.
>>
>>2470016
Is it?
>>
>>2470029
internet headquarters are in the US, i believe.
>>
File: 084.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>2470056

> internet headquarters

what are you smoking?
>>
File: 1394831224058.jpg (21 KB, 288x380) Image search: [Google]
1394831224058.jpg
21 KB, 288x380
>>2469306
I've been doing caricatures for over 5 years and have never gotten robbed. I've had someone steal my supplies once but that was because I forgot to lock them up.
Generally people don't think you have much money. People assume I don't make much even though I make a pretty decent living doing it full time. I've ended days with $1200 in my pocket and people still tipped me out of pity.
>>
>>2469306
>how do accountants keep from getting robbed? It's obvious at the end of the day they have a bunch of cash and are probBle scrawny little white boys because they are accountants. Should I pack heat if I go out and do this or just run to my car as soon as I'm done?
>>
>>2470062
>he doesn't know that they keep a giant modem&router in the Pentagon
>>
File: Untitled-3.jpg (63 KB, 292x308) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.jpg
63 KB, 292x308
>>2470062

Yeah, it's where Moot lived before Nipmoot usurped him.
>>
they leave before it gets dark and carry protection
>>
>>2470938
are you good looking?
>>
>>2471345
Eh. I don't think I am. I'm a girl though, you'd think that would make me a good target.
>>
>>2471349
> i'm a girl though

jesus christ this is an art forum it's no mystery that your money is nothing to do with your art
>>
>>2471349

I was getting hopeful about maybe doing this this summer but then I realized yourea girl and you could literally be painting stick figures with pieces of your own turd and still make money (see: girl gamers)
>>
>>2471349
>I'm a girl
Who would you rather approach, a big bearded man or...
>Eh. I don't think I am.
That's what attractive peope say. A cute girl that's going to sit there for 15 minutes looking at you so you can talk to her and try to get her number. "yeah i'm so rich, here take an extra $20 as a tip. Doesn't have to be the only tip I have for ya if ya know what I'm sayin"

Fucking artist easy mode.
>>
>>2471349
>meanwhile on /adv/
>There is the cute girl outside my office all the time making portraits
>I'm an artist too and I really want to ask her out I don't know how I should approach her.
>What should I do guys?
>>
>>2471349

Bitch please, you'd get that money even if you were a waitress and serve food someone else made.

>women
>reality of life

WHOOSH.

That's the sound of you passing each other by at high velocity.
>>
>>2471360
>>2472060
>>2472082
>>2472177
>>2472230
>all this butthurt
>>2471349
but I'm curious now, could you talk a bit more about doing it for a living? How do you set up shop? Do you need a permit? What kinda rates do you charge? How much time do you spend on each portrait? Also if you're not comfortable posting your own work, could you post comparable work?
>>
>>2472245
>all this butthurt
>clearly another female
>>
>>2470938
>ended days with $1200
whoa

about how many client you get a day?
>>
>>2471349
Welcome to 4chan.org! We are always happy to greet new users! Let me start by wishing you have a pleasant time throughout your experience!

However it seems you didnt take the time to read the rules! ;( one of these very important rules is called; 'tits or gtfo'

Please remember this in the future, as it will improve the browsing experience for all.

Enjoy your stay at 4chan.org! :)
>>
>>2472354
>there are no grills on the internet lololol
Kys sage
>>
>>2472348
I think she does more than caricatures, if you know what i mean.
>>
>>2472392
Post nudes or gtfo, this isn't Facebook or timblr where people pretend to care about your little absurdities
>>
File: Capture+_2016-04-04-10-13-21-1.png (2 MB, 1396x1123) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-04-04-10-13-21-1.png
2 MB, 1396x1123
>>2472245
I share a kiosk in a mall with a few other people. The mall gets a lot of tourist traffic so that's where most of my business comes from. I take at most 6 mins per each face. Any slower and I miss out on sales and people get butthurt.
>>2472348
I'm out for 11 hours a day and get around 25-35. The $1000+ days are holidays such as Valentine's day and spring break since most of my business is children and couples.

Pic related is a sketch I did about a year ago. Haven't taken any pictures recently.
>>
>>2472620
Shit, just as predicted
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.