[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to draw from imagination. Actually, I want to paint from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160220-WA0003.jpg (101 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160220-WA0003.jpg
101 KB, 1328x747
I want to draw from imagination. Actually, I want to paint from imagination. For now, I'm drawing from real life to develop some skills.

How long should I keep doing this? When should I start drawing from imagination? When should I switch from drawing to painting which is my ultimate goal?

Picture is my latest drawing, if it helps. t
>>
Fuckin start drawing from imagination whenever you want man
>>
>>2468870
Never
>>
>>2468870
You'll know when you're good enough.
>>
There's no "imagination". Only hard work and discipline.
>>
If you want to get good at drawing from imagination, you'll need to draw from imagination
>>
>>2468870
If yourskills are still low, I say do fun drawings (Or paintings) on the weekends and studies during the week.
Once you get to more of an intermediate level you can do more fun shit than studies but don't forget the studies.

That's my rule of thumb and the advice I give beginners because no one should be expected to ONLY do studies when they're learning, that takes away the fun of doing art.
>>
>>2468870
>should

Is this a hobby? If so, do whatever you want.
>>
>>2469141
there is no 'hard work and discipline', only the spark.
>>
>>2468870
To create legit paintings from imagination you need to perfect drawing and painting, witch can be done by ''hard work and discipline'' depending on what your imagination is, spend more time studying and training towards your goal.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.