[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it the only series of manga tutorials that's actually gud?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 001.jpg (687 KB, 2096x2989) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
687 KB, 2096x2989
Is it the only series of manga tutorials that's actually gud?
>>
>>2467950
anything that starts with "How to" can be thrown in the trash
>>
>>2467968
>citation needed
>>
>>2467950
The other ones of the other two series aren't actually that bad, a few of them even quite good. The "more" series condenses a few things and is quite good.

But people still produce guides which a five year old would rather burn than use. Amazon is chokeful of new shit on the same level as what is ridiculed here. And new twist: 10-20 page "guides" for things like drawing hair.
>>
>>2467950
Into to the fucking trash it goes. Don't read it.
>>
These are hands down the most informative of manga instruction books overall.

However, the majority of them are somewhat outdated or filled with unappealing art. For instance, the Bishoujo Around The World edition has normal looking manga-style art for the Japanese ethnicites, but all the other asian races are drawn as ching chong slanty eye stereotypes.
>>
I just downloaded them based on this thread, and looking through it--I think kids would be better off with it than most other how to books. it seems to put an emphasis on gesture and figure drawings most how to manga books do.
>>
File: 51u1fomD-IL.jpg (44 KB, 412x500) Image search: [Google]
51u1fomD-IL.jpg
44 KB, 412x500
>>2467968
>>
>>2467950

I own the first two, they're pretty good. Wish it had something about gesture though.
>>
>>2469200
So it goes in the trash, what's your point?
>>
>>2469220
that you're clearly a clueless faggot
>>
>>2467968
>>2469220

Intro stuff is normally loaded with errors, but if you sift through the crap you can find a few gems that explain beginner concepts well.
>>
>>2469220
>Scott Robertson
>trash

Unwarranted contempt for good artists is a common trait on /ic/, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

But you should really give that book a read. It's pretty helpful.
>>
>>2469228
>>2469250
>baited this hard

i'll let you normies live another day
>>
>>2469200
Anyone have the pdf of this?
>>
File: How To Draw Manga SMS1.jpg (237 KB, 846x1196) Image search: [Google]
How To Draw Manga SMS1.jpg
237 KB, 846x1196
yeah
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.