[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you manage to draw for more than 2 hours everyday ? Drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 6lzitStQF1.png (734 KB, 888x952) Image search: [Google]
6lzitStQF1.png
734 KB, 888x952
How do you manage to draw for more than 2 hours everyday ?

Drawing is awesome, the problem is that I just get bored after some time.
>>
>>2467882
we hate it and we push through obv.
>>
File: blails.jpg (33 KB, 351x257) Image search: [Google]
blails.jpg
33 KB, 351x257
I listen to audiobooks. I always want to know what will happen next and I don't want to listen to audiobooks while doing nothing, so I keep drawing.
>>
>>2467882
>2h
>>
If I have to think a lot I prefer to work in silence, but most of the time I'm listening to music.
>>
I listen to 10 hour motivational speech mixes.
>>
File: GayloGuy.png (32 KB, 541x483) Image search: [Google]
GayloGuy.png
32 KB, 541x483
You have to love the process of creating. In your case, you're going to have to learn to love it otherwise it's only going to get harder. Two hours is a tad low, you should triple that if you're no drawing as a hobby. I know it might sound mean or nefarious, but do you really enjoy drawing? What are you drawing for, to create or for the attention? Are you drawing because you want to or because something or someone is putting you to it.

If you plan on doing this professionally, I'd like to ask, if anything happened to your dominant hand, would you train you non dominant hand to draw?

Now, its not impossible for you to improve, but it'll just be all the bit harder if you answered negatively to the questions above. Think of it as an Art Marathon and every negative answer nets you a new 50lb weight. You can still make it to the end, but it'll be much more difficult.
>>
smokee weeeed
>>
>>2467882

Danielle, you are the literal definition of "no-sparkĀ©"
>>
File: oh_god.png (323 KB, 1269x776) Image search: [Google]
oh_god.png
323 KB, 1269x776
>>2468065
This

Personally I'm having trouble beginning something when sober. It's just that when I'm stoned I judge less what im doing so I can keep drawing until it starts looking like something, and then I can keep up sober.
>>
>>2467882
If you can, then split up your drawing sessions throughout the day, draw for x amount of time, break and repeat.
>>
>>2468062
care to post your work? its always the beginners who said this. And feng.
>>
>>2468030
sauce
>>
I'm unemployed so I put tv series on Netflix and then just draw

I drink alone most nights because I really enjoy drinking and drawing as well

The idea of one day being really good at this is enough to make me never bored of it
>>
doodle a lot. it's a good way to warm up and get used to the idea of drawing. grinding fundamentals like forms, line control or body parts really helps too; i never hesitate with those since they're practical and helpful.

still make sure to eventually apply that to bigger, more creative drawings.
>>
i have a word file with tons of inspirational idea and a lot of references (photos, paintings and sketches) in my flashdrive so whenever i get bored i can look up those things and get back to work
>>
>>2467882

OP, you are getting bored because you don't have clear goal and process.

You see guys drawing every day for X hours. It's grueling for them, something they force themselves to do in order to "git gut".

That's not a good way to go about drawing and you are right - it gets boring when you have no goal.

Work on developing your process. State what you would be interested in doing - say, you want your drawings feel more "3D". Pick a book with form/volume exercises, do them every day, but don't put fixed time on it. It can be 10 minutes, it can be 30. No pressure. But if you will make it part of your process it won't be tiring for you, hey, you will enjoy those tiny exercises and tinkering with it because with them you will have sense of accomplishment. You will see that you are realizing your goals little by little.

Then drawing won't be tiring for you and you will spend as much as you'd like to. Sometimes 1h, sometimes 4.
>>
>>2467882
By having a contract that forces me to do it from 9 to 5.
>>
I can't do more than 20 minutes a piece either. But even just 9 20-minute sessions are 3 hours. The intervals keep getting longer, too. Also seconding audiobooks, preferably stuff that isn't very plot-focused.
>>
>>2468113
>austrailia
back on topic op, as a beginnerfag its best to take a 10 min break or as long as you need so that you don't burn out prematurely and to always remember why you want to draw
>>
>>2468147
shit, this. the moment i realized this things got a lot easier for me.
>>
>>2467882

I feel like I feel like that's a long time, but once you start the time seems to fly. An hour will go by so much faster than it does doing anything else I like or don't like to do.
>>
Get a podcast an audiobook or a netflix acct or something. Having something to listen to in the background makes it easy for me to draw 10+ hours a day. I struggle to make 3 hours a day without that, though.
>>
>>2467882

Bored
>>
>>2468091
shit I used to do that back in elementary school
>>
If you're drawing mindlessly then of course you're going to be bored. If you're working to improve or have a finished image or concept in mind, I can't imagine how you could become bored after a piddly 2 hours
>>
>>2467882
Personally I find it the hardest constantly being reminded how shit I am as a practice, so I often look at either my older crappy work or preferably psuedo-well-known artists who I know I'm better than. Call it what you will, but it works for me.
>>
>>2468030
lol
>>
>>2467882

i got commissions n shit to do magn, i aint got time for no 2 hours a day bullshit

also this >>2467921 i actually cant concentrate on audiobooks unless i draw
>>
>>2467882
Put on Diablo 2's OST and let youtube cycle through game music.
>>
>>2470170
how do you get better if you only look at work that's worse than your current skill level??
>>
Not sure why people think that drawing for 8-10h means drawing 8-10h straight. Break it up through the day. If 2 hours is your threshold, take a 30-45min break, and start again.
>>
>>2470652
>Not sure why people think that drawing for 8-10h means drawing 8-10h straight

They probably see it like work or school where you start and arent done untill quitting time.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.