[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perspective drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Is there any good guides for perspective drawing??
>>
>>2467610
Perspective Made Easy and some parts in the loomis collections are really good
http://www.storytellerartist.com/documents/Perspective_Made_Easy.pdf
>>
>>2467610
https://www.youtube.com/user/circlelinemedia/videos
i like to draw along this guy
didnt like the last video tho
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>2467610
*Are there
>>
There was this book about dynamic perspective for comic book artists. Despite the name, it was very good and covered all sorts of perspective comprehensively including like 3 types of curvilinear ones and when to use them.
>>
>>2468107
>>
>>2467610
that image alone is all you really need to know about perspective. Drawing a building? Imagine it as a big box in perspective and make sure all your lines follow their starting point to the horizon.

fancy.
>>
>>2467610
http://www.floobynooby.com/pdfs/Perspective_Drawing_Handbook-JosephDAmelio.pdf
D'amelio's book is pretty good if all you want is a underlying theory for drawings/paintings that don't need to be super precise

For hardcore geometric level stuff, I don't think you can beat Bruce Macevoy's pages on the subject:
http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/tech10.html
>>
File: Robertson.png (321 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Robertson.png
321 KB, 1024x1024
Start off with 'Perspective Made Easy' by Ernest Norling. there isn't a particular need to read through the mechanical perspective section at the end but it might help if you're a beginner looking to cut your teeth on something more complex. Try and do all the exercises from the end of each section.

Then move on to Robertson - Not exclusively perspective based, but Scott Robertson deals heavily with the topic in his book series, especially helpful in dealing with how to apply it to your art. Do the same with the exercises from that book until you internalise the process of 'seeing through the form'. Start with 'Drawing and Sketching Objects and Environments from Your Imagination'.

It's a grind at first but these two books should help take your art to the next level if you take your time with them.
>>
I like NMA's series with a guy named Erik Olson. I tried Norling first, the Robertson. Then went for Olson. So far, the latter has helped me the most.
>>
>>2470669

fug I started working through how to draw but I quickly realized my straight lines are sub par so I'm grinding those every day now.
>>
>>2467610
Marshall Vandruff made it so easy even a certified retard would get it. Guy's a brilliant teacher.
>>
>>2471118

What about freelance retards?
>>
>>2470669
I followed the step by step for the "draw a plane" perspective grid and it was going swell until Step 9, where my C-D line was nowhere near the same position as his. Must have fucked up the foreshortening but perspective seems so simple that I don't even know how I fucked up there.
>>
>>2467666
>https://www.youtube.com/user/circlelinemedia/videos

Impressive how straight he does those lines but fuck that noise, I just use sketchbook pro.
>>
>>2471118
>>2471140
REKTTT
>>
>>2467610
How to Draw by Scott Robertson

do NOT buy the David Chelsea book
>>
>>2467610
watch the marshall vandruff series. I've used like every well-known resource and I think it's the best
>>
>>2471118
>>2471753
anyone have a torrent for it?
can't find it anymore
>>
>>2471862
I bought it because I couldn't find a torrent; wasn't even one on peers. It's only $12.
>>
>>2471118
+(You). He's actually pretty funny and tells some cute stories. I liked his moon anecdote.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (553 KB, 1499x1876) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png
553 KB, 1499x1876
>>2470669
Are likes 1 and 2 parallel or converging? I'm too tired after work to figure out this shit, but my perspective vanishing points in sketchbook pro that match the minor axis and line 0 result in lines 1 and 2 converging much faster.
>>
>>2471118
Can confirm. Made perspective much less of a beast for me. Not boring to listen to. Easily worth the $12.
>>
>>247289
Wait im dumb, his is just way further off the page. Man fuck working 8-5 and studying
>>
>>2471862
>>2471970
it's on peers under the name "perspective the science of art" i believe
>>
>>2467610
use 3d models and perspective grids
it's 2016
>>
>>2473722
implying I want to set that shit up for every single drawing
>>
>>2473737
well if you freehand it it's always going to be wrong
>>
>>2467610
>Is there any good guides for perspective drawing??

No. None at all
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.