[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do you all still come here? i pop in every few months or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: img_20141026_200125.jpg (229 KB, 2171x1383) Image search: [Google]
img_20141026_200125.jpg
229 KB, 2171x1383
why do you all still come here? i pop in every few months or so for morbid curiosity or to pick through the reference threads, and the amount of pure shitflinging amazes me every time. am I missing something? isn't your time better spent elsewhere?
>>
File: 1452645644819.jpg (31 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1452645644819.jpg
31 KB, 512x512
>>2467035
You could say tat about any board.

4chan is made for people with too much time on their hands.

No one actually productive comes here regularly.
>>
>>2467036
I think the people who actually are productive know when to speak (which is very rarely) and the retards just say whatever comes to mind.
>>
I still come cause I get more honest critique here than I do anywhere else. No one's afraid to tell me my work is shit, and what I need to work on. Everyone else tries to sugarcoat it too much.
>>
>>2470295

"it's shit" and "needs loomis" and "kill self" isn't honest critique.

and when its truly honest, it tends to come from beginners who don't know what they're doing either. so its a lose-lose
>>
>>2470304
You shouldn't take a potential beginner's advice head-on per se (whatever skill level you are) but it can give you a new perspective on a piece you're working on. But then again that only works when you know how to differentiate good critique from bad.
>>
Because shitposting is fun tbqh
>>
File: 1438948312080.jpg (231 KB, 575x855) Image search: [Google]
1438948312080.jpg
231 KB, 575x855
>>2467035
I can already feel now that this thread will go downhill fast.

In my case, I drop it the question thread and often come with general questions.

I never post my art anymore, because this place is way too toxic now. It's not even critique, 9 out of 10 times, it's just "It's shit", "Kill yourself", "Are you even trying?", "You don't have the spark", "You actually like this?", ">Muh sketch, i-it-s okay it's bad. KYS".

The only critique I've gotten on this board was restudying facial proportions, and he was right, my mouth was too close to the nose.

I've instead gotten some art buddies, some are hugboxy, but most just straight up make a cold list of everything I fucked up.

I like to think of this as the curse of /a/, since all boards have slowly degraded into shitposting, and nonconstructive toxicity.
There are just too many people on the containment boards with absolutely nothing in their lives, so they get some sort of subconscious satisfaction from posting on boards related to their failed dreams (/ic/, /agdg/, /biz/ and so on). But they can't actually contribute anything constructive. All they know how to do is short replies with no real content, sometimes taking the form of insults.

>Isen't your time spent better elsewhere
Yes it is. But most people get burnouts, so they do something else, and that is sometimes browsing 4chan.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.