[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my artwork, is it semi professional looking? Its supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9
File: 16.jpg (263 KB, 835x1181) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
263 KB, 835x1181
Rate my artwork, is it semi professional looking? Its supposed to be fan art to get some fans. I'm doing all the androids, think dave rapoza and his TMNT paintings. It isn't finished, however the face is.
>>
>>2464882
give up out of 10.
>>
>>2464885
AW SHIT
>>
>is it semi professional
No.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (438 KB, 1670x1181) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
438 KB, 1670x1181
>>2464882
The alignment of your eyes are all screwed up, too tilted compared to the alignment of the other features. If you mirror your work alignment issues become more apparent. Also the tip of the nose looks too far back compared to the centerline.
>>
>>2464882
did you remember that time where your mom told you to work on your figure drawing, anatomy and gestures before you move on to color?
your mom's dead and this is your fault
>>
you took a trully wrong reference for his realistic face...
>>
rendering a turd
>>
File: 029398.jpg (22 KB, 292x512) Image search: [Google]
029398.jpg
22 KB, 292x512
>>2464882
you made him look like a fucking twink
>>
File: cube and shit sketch.jpg (108 KB, 512x399) Image search: [Google]
cube and shit sketch.jpg
108 KB, 512x399
your rendering of the face isn't bad. i'm actually impressed by the texture you got, your brushwork is good and you seem to be thinking about volume

that being said the construction of the drawing is pretty bad. you have wiggle room with art but the face is noticeably lopsided, his jaw is crooked enough to make him look like an arthritis/tmjd victim.

sketchwork on the bottom is chicken-scratchy, hairy lines are bad for capturing form. it looks like your bottom sketch was flat and not drawn while thinking in 3d, with forms. i'm willing to bet you regularly do this. the result is pretty uncanny valley, no matter how good your textures are. you gotta have solid sketches to have good-looking end products

i'd maybe buy a commission to support your art journey, but you're far from competitive. i think i'm at about your skill level, but in a different way - i work in sketches too much and never render. here's some of my work for reference.

work on these: line practice (peter han); form exercises (the really boring sphere, cube, cylinder shading studies); perspective; drawing from life (so you get a sense of how to properly see into your paper, this skill carries over into imaginitive work if you practice). go to the artbook and reference threads or torrent video lectures to find study material. keep doing them even if they're initially unrewarding. your drawings depend on them

TL/DR: good polish on a shit skeleton, unprofessional, work on your fundamentals and practice on paper
>>
Why is he chinese?
>>
>>2464882

Leaving aside the basic anatomical and form issues (especially for that particular character - android 16 is a lot bulkier than that) the main issue I'm seeing is that the rendering is sort of done in isolation. Everything is monotone with no real variation in hue, even in respects to the things around them. There are very few occlusion shadows, and the ones there are look incidental. No light is reflecting off of things and onto other things. The handling of the actual blending is okay (although a bit messy in places) but you could do with some actual variation in surface texture and color.

Finally, watch the plain grey background; Neutral grey is great for certain simple sketches and initial stages because it presents a neutral ground that isn't there with white or black, but by this stage, you probably should have replaced it with something else that helps the overall color composition. Also, on that note, the value ranges are kind of all over the place; You've got jet black on the arms but the rest of the picture feels overly neutral.

There are a lot of issues here, but I'd actually encourage you to finish it anyway, because in spite of what everybody might say about polishing a turd, actually finishing pieces is an important skill to learn.

You probably won't be able to fix much of the issues you've got at the moment, but keep them in mind for future works.

Last tip: Shrinking the head very slightly will make his body look bigger by comparison and give him a more intimidating stature which is more in line with the character. Seriously, 16 is built like a brick shithouse.

Effort/10, don't give up
>>
File: 16.jpg (247 KB, 737x1042) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
247 KB, 737x1042
Awesome replies everyone! ic is a hit or miss usually and thankfully the more seriously people where around. Still working on it but so far I've got this
>>
>>2466537
Arm muscles don't look like that.
>>
This is why Loomis works miracles, guys
>>
>>2466537
A lot of basic construction issues, the head is still horrible, eye socket (our left) is way low, arms and hands don't work that way. OP you need to go back to the basics after this, you are in no way in the competitive arena.
>>
>>2464882
>think dave rapoza

no, no I'm not thinking Dave Rapoza

not even close
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (460 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
460 KB, 400x566
>>2464882
Am I still banned?
>>
>>2467270
"Oooh Thell, you and your thath mouth! I oughtta' thlap you thilly you big green faggot!"
>>
File: 18.jpg (711 KB, 1178x1158) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
711 KB, 1178x1158
what about the pretty girl in front
>>
>>2468006
lol
>>
>>2468006
tragic
>>
>>2468043
WHY
>>
>>2468006
17 and 18 are the same heigh retard, they're fucking twins. And 18 looks like she's 40 years old, terrible.
>>
>>2468006
Uncanny
Creepy
Unnerving
kys
>>
File: hotlinebling2.png (293 KB, 517x558) Image search: [Google]
hotlinebling2.png
293 KB, 517x558
>>2464882
Kill yourself/10
>>
>>2468006
18 is by far the best but holy shit that 17 has me laughing please render it for my amusement
>>
>>2468006
18 is an unhappy middle-aged waitress in a country diner.
>>
>>2468115
You must be 18 years or older to post on 4chan
>>
>>2464882
ew
>>
>>2465048
>i'm actually impressed by the texture you got
>your brushwork is good
You are fucking retarded, just letting you know.
>>
>>2468184
>The derp look
I swear, every time I look back at it I can't hold it back.
>>
>>2464882
Chinese David Bowie
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.