[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lack of skill for coloring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: P1010912v2.jpg (573 KB, 854x1200) Image search: [Google]
P1010912v2.jpg
573 KB, 854x1200
I think i might be decent skilled when it comes to draw with black n white shades. I'm not colorblind or else, but when i try to color my drawings, this happens.. It's just frustating, do you guys suffered the same at the beginning of your color journey ? Or is it that i'm just not meant to coloring ? I see a lot of people doing it naturally, especially womens, and i just can't improve :/
>>
>>2464356
First question I would ask is have you ever tried doing color charts to get to know what kind of shit you can output with the colors you have?
You need to be able to mix the colors you have in small increments to achieve at least a few intermediate steps. Then if you are painting from a reference be it life or photo, your task basically to find which swatch on your color chart is closest to area on the reference source...
If you are not working from reference, then you can prepare a certain limited area of your charts and use only those colors to represent everything.
For OP picture - you used colors that are sort of complementary and that is good. It is not good to use them in same chrome (don't make both orange and blue too strong, make one of them dominate and mix that one in the other to neutralize it a bit....)
>>
>>2464356
Are you using markers?

I started colors with markers, and all my shit was always over saturated. Actually, it's still over saturated. I've been trying to color more drawings lately and use color palettes that I find appealing, but it's been a long road. I haven't found a fast way to practice colors to get a lot of mileage under my belt.

I'm all ears if you figure it out OP
>>
>>2464356
Also, we kind of already had a color thread going >>2461859 there are a few good tips in there
>>
Op here, thanks a lot all of you. I'll check out the color thread, just being a newbie here. And no i don't use reference and i used inks. Thanks for the color domination over one another advice, its makes a lot f sense :), i'll remember that
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.