[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Draw with Jazza annoy you? It annoys me because he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: jazza.jpg (266 KB, 1049x584) Image search: [Google]
jazza.jpg
266 KB, 1049x584
Does Draw with Jazza annoy you?

It annoys me because he's not that good and he's built a YouTube career on educating people. Something about his work always looks off. He doesn't seem to have an eye for the more subtle forms and anatomy.

I see a lot of people like this. They've been drawing at the same level for years and years. Does everyone have the ability to reach an Iaian McCaig level of skill?
>>
His art reminds me of something you'd see on a box of children's pencil crayons.
>>
>>2463572
>he's good
Clearly not
>>
>>2463572
he's pretty confident and likeable, and not an awful presenter, and that can make up for a lack of skill, especially when its just youtube. Conversely, you could be doing master-tier work but if you don't put yourself out there, you'll never get noticed
>>
>>2463604
Didn't say he was.
>>
>>2463620
I wonder if he gets a decent amount of work just due to having so much exposure.

>>2463600
I agree.
>>
>>2463604
>he's not that good
>not that good
>NOT THAT GOOD

Use your eyes and read the sentences completely you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>2463718
people who speak english as a second language should not be attempting to correct grammar.
>>
>>2463572
Well he is a better animator than artist. He also has stuff about marketing yourself so he's not harming anyone's art skills
>>
File: 1459299026425.jpg (49 KB, 484x767) Image search: [Google]
1459299026425.jpg
49 KB, 484x767
I like Jazza but he sucks, just like I like the AMB Animation academy guy but his paintings are somehow even worse. What both of these men have in common is that they are animators first, second and maybe third and illustrators somewhere far down the line, and it shows. Jazza is great at explaining how software works, Arshad Baig is good at explaining the traditional animation process.

Also Jazza is a "victim" in some ways. It was subtle, but I saw an image posted about him just a few days ago that revealed that he reads those awful Chris Hart books.

Basically Chris Hart + E-fame = Stagnation for sure.
>>
he may be a shitty artist but i just looked at his channel and this shit is pretty funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lonZ8HFk064
>>
>>2466146
His animations arent anything special either...
>>
>>2466152
>Chris Hart
what image?
>>
I hate to hate on someone's skill but every time I see a Jazza video I feel sick on the inside because I feel like I could be permanently terribly mediocre and barely improve like him and I won't be able to do anything about it. Someone put me at ease and tell me there isn't talent and some people aren't destined to be permanently mediocre
>>
>>2468137
F4m, if you actively try to get better, you will get better, Jazza is not trying to get better because he doesn't need to, he doesn't grind studies or read anatomy books.

just kidding you are never going to make it kek
>>
>>2468137

Kathy, you were always sooo jealous, pathetic, whiny nerd bitch! Every girl in class laughs at you and your sad little attempts to get on the cheerleader team! Look at you, what is it? Bangs? Are you even trying? Who are you kidding, slut, you can't even run a full track and always gets excepts from P.E. while Lizzy works her ass off every day and is vegan! Haha, yeah, go to loser table! Sluuuuut!
>>
Those who can't do, teach
>>
>>2463572
his skills are obtainable even for the worst shitter, so people attatche to him
>>
Jazza's harmless, really.

A lot of the time, his videos seem to emphasize his own thought process and any weird tricks he wants to try out. If that helps at least one artist move to take steps to be better, then that's good. And he at least presents decent methods to give people something to draw what with his draw streams, his monthly contests, and whatnot.

He has a low skill ceiling, but I think that's the benefit for the starting artists out there.
It's one of those situations where the student can absolutely surpass the teacher, though, and an artist having those little moments is a good motivator for their career. So maybe having Jazza around to provide a good easy hurdle for beginning-to-novice artists to pass is a good thing.

It helps that he teaches things that, in practice, can produce a better artist. If Jazza's videos somehow creates at least two great artists or 5 people who are more willing to try and become artists, then good on him. Give him a drink of shitty Austrailian beer.
>>
>>2463572
what has he done that I can avoid doing? Because everything he says makes sense, but everything he draws is so shit. It scares me.
>>
>>2473537
It's all about design sensibilities and practice. That's something that an artist fosters on their own.

If Jazza says things that makes sense, then he's succeeding at his teaching goal, even if opinion says he's failing as an artist.
A mediocre artist can still teach lessons right even if he doesn't put them into practice. I can give you a long speech about how you shouldn't put off your practice and that you can't make your dream come true if you don't put the effort in, but I certainly don't practice it.
>>
>>2468131
It was a screenshot from DWJ that showed anatomy drawings in the backround that looked like a carbon copy of a Chris Hart super hero anatomy book I just happened to come across literally a day or two later after following the google image search trail of a female anatomy picture from a reference thread. This all happened within a week or two so that image might be around still. The picture that had Jazza and these drawings well in the backround was mostly intended to highlight some guy on facebook talking shit about him, but it may have inadvertantly revealed one reason why Jazza may have plateaued for as long as he has, too.
>>
He's said several times in streams that he isn't that good. He's still a cool guy. He doesn't need to be Feng Zhu to be motivational.
>>
>>2463572
I hope jazza and other artist that deal with this problem or stagnating find a fix for their problems and live life happy.
>>
File: This TBH Fam.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
This TBH Fam.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>2473662
>>
just make sure not to visit his yt channel, so he doesn't get any views from spamming ic with his shit.
>>
You do know that there are other art styles than photorealistic portraits?
Jazza doesnt even try to teach people how to draw realistically,
he teaches a more comicbook/cartoony style and correct anatomy so your drawings are consistent.

All you wannabe artists give him flak for not drawing "well" when ou dont realise that art is measured only by how it pleases the eye, and even that can vary considering the person looking the art. Get your head out of your asses and learn that good art does not have to be photorealistic.
>>
>>2468178
That's such a shitty saying
>>
>>2475075
People here aren't judging him based on a "ONLY VIDEOGAME CONCEPT ART IS REAL ART"-basis, even his cartoony style looks off.
>>
>>2475086
It's true though. Save the 10% who actually have a passion for teaching.
>>
>>2463572
>Does everyone have the ability to reach an Iaian McCaig level of skill?

No
Jazza's work has all the hallmarks of an artist that lacks the palmaris longus tendon. It's entirely genetic and people without it just don't have and never will have what it takes to become a great artist.
>>
>>2475086
It's completely true
>>
>>2475075
It's not about it being photoreal or not. There are tons of great cartoony artstyles. The structure of the face in the picture looks bad. Even Bugs Bunny has a coherent structure. I mean, I don't think he's trying to emulate Picasso.
>>
Jazza is not an artist. He is a youtube personality.
>>
>>2475811
I don't think the terms are mutually exclusive?
>>
>>2475831

It's sort of like the difference between a real scientist and a meme scientist.
>>
File: brutal2.jpg (13 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
brutal2.jpg
13 KB, 259x194
>>2475482
>Ligameme

I'm getting sick of seeing this and even I have the tendon.
>>
from what i see, he has holes in his fundamentals, which if he looked into the right resources, him and anyone in that position can polish out.

as for his design sense with his cartoon style, artists follow the style that is most appealing to them, and if his style is what he likes, then he's doomed to be stuck with his poor taste ugly looking cartoons.

any artist will only stop improving if they get comfortable with the level that they are at, and jazza is right there
>>
>YouTube career on educating people

What. You aren't happy he's eliminating future competition by leading people to their doom?
>>
>>2475482
Are you autistic?
>>
>>2476405
>doesn't have the ligameme
>no spark
>not gonna make it
>>
>>2476407
I left /ic/ for two days. What the fuck.
>>
>>2476405

Confirmed for not having the God-tendon. Stay pleb faggot.
>>
>>2476409
Nosebro managed to create the worst meme in human history.
>>
>>2463572
Im one of the fucking idiots that purchased shit form his site. He has taken EA's concept of charging out the ass for fuck all content and that really disheartened me.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.