[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post DeviantArt autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: DaFlame12.png (267 KB, 1334x736) Image search: [Google]
DaFlame12.png
267 KB, 1334x736
Post DeviantArt autism
>>
it's just some fucking kid man what do you care
>>
>>2463313
LOL xD
>>
>>2463317

DaFlame12 pls go
>>
>>2463327
It's the exact same thing with different JPEG artifacts.
>>
>>2463327
what's the difference,
>>
>>2463327
>"Real"
>"Drawn"
wtf
>>
>>2463327
this is probably a good excersise if you're a beginner to pixel art. even if you aren't into pixel art, is kind of an interesting shit.

now i need to copy some sprites in photoshop.
>>
>>2463797
we did these kinds of things in early game design classes. They're fun as hell to make. They just take upwards of a century to make.
>>
>>2463797
>this is probably a good excersise if you're a beginner to pixel art
it isn't. you literally learn nothing. much more to gain by attempting to make a sprite from scratch. even sprite edits are more useful than this mindless exercise.
>>
>>2463872
>much more to gain by attempting to make a sprite from scratch
Same reason why it's best to attempt to draw from imagination from the get-go, right?

You do this kind of exercise to figure out effective ways to draw the sprite and the differences in each color used. It's a good beginner's exercise because doing it is interesting if you're into pixel art and extra interesting if you're into the game in particular. The person doing these wouldn't stop at just one Pokemon.

Hell, if you did something like this to every single Pokemon, I guarantee you that you'll learn more than trying to start by spriting from scratch. Easily. And when you use what you learn to make your own edits and sprites in that style, you'll be better off than just jumping head first into it. That's when you start to pile on other resources.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.