[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every time I make a brush stroke Photoshop cs6 just gets slower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: PS-CS6-Icon_Web.jpg (85 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
PS-CS6-Icon_Web.jpg
85 KB, 288x288
Every time I make a brush stroke Photoshop cs6 just gets slower and slower
like the program starts off just fine but the more I work on it the slower it gets

is anyone else having this problem? any solutions?
>>
Check on the Task Manager if your memory is fully used or not. Also, what kind of "slowing down" do you mean ? Is it constantly slow, does it have constant small freezes ? Does only the program slow down or the entire computer ? Otherwise google your problem, it's usually quite helpful.
>>
>>2463167
Its not constantly slow, but the more brush strokes I make it gets slower for some reason, and the bigger the canvas and brush the worse this shit gets

and it goes from like a slight brush lag to fucking up the whole program the more I do it
>>
>>2462550
Set up "Performance settings" someting's fucked in there, an you might wanna decrese GPU usage to basic.
>>
>>2462550
lower your fucking resolution canvas size
>>
>>2463698
That wasn't exactly what I'm asking. Saturated RAM can have a different slow pattern than a CPU.

Go to edit > preferences > performance...

Then you allocate more RAM if you have alot that isn't used, then reduce the history states if you can't allocate RAM. This slows down photoshop because it saves every brush stroke up until that number, so you can ctrl+z them back. You don't need a huge number there. Also try closing all other windows and testing photoshop then (sometimes chrome for example can use quite alot of RAM).

If the problem doesn't change, either your RAM is too low (from experience 6gb is well enough), or it might be your CPU I don't know, I'm not an expert. But try what I said first.
>>
If you have photoshop on a harddisk with little space left, change your scratch disk location in PS preferences. Could also be a reason.
>>
>>2463746
Ive got 8 gigs of ram and allow Photoshop to use all of it, also a i5 so no way its the cpu
Does CS6 just use a shit ton more RAM and CPU than CS5? Because CS5 runs perfectly for me
>>
>>2464582
>also a i5 so no way its the cpu
That doesn't tell us much at all. My old laptop was an i7 and it still lagged at high enough resolutions, or with large enough custom brushes. Even panning in CC2015 was noticeably laggy compared to CC2014.

The i3, i5, i7 naming scheme has been around for 6 generations of processors. Saying you have an i5 could mean you have a desktop skylake, or a laptop arrandale.

>Ive got 8 gigs of ram and allow Photoshop to use all of it
I'd keep that capped at around 75% or so.

Have you tried the suggestions that anons gave you already? What canvas size are you painting on? How many layers? What color mode bit are you in? Do you have a dedicated gpu, if so what is it?

Are you using a retail copy of CS6, or is it cracked. If it's cracked, is it a portable or the full program with a proper installer?
>>
>>2464589
ive got an i5 4590 and gtx 760
I always work on sizes like 4000x5000
>>
>>2464594
What do things look like in the task manager when the lag occurs. What does cpu usage and ram usage look like, and how does that compare to number you see in CS5?

Is there any difference when you disable opengl?

What color mode bit are you in? 8bit, 16 or 32?

Is this a portable CS6?
>>
>>2464601
Both CPU and RAM look normal, RAM gets up to like 50% when the program is at its worst
Ill have to check those other options though, so far I only know about disabling the gpu
>>
>>2463702
For some reason Photoshop feels laggier to me when using the GPU, so I turned it off completely.
>>
Does any of this shit happen in CC? Maybe I need to upgrade
>>
>>2465148
I don't have any issues in CC.

I really don't understand why people are so against it - it is really stable and fast.
>>
>>2462550
Update nvidia drivers.
It's all done on your GPU and RAM.
CPU only directs the program in graphics systems.
>>
>>2465205
If not I dunno. Maybe tablet drivers ?
IO devices would be the next problem. Then Motherboard
>>
>>2465209
Make a thread on /g/.
You would have an answer in a day.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.