[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im starting to learn how to draw with a tablet in PS and I dont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Colored-Pencil-Brush-Set.jpg (38 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
Colored-Pencil-Brush-Set.jpg
38 KB, 500x288
Im starting to learn how to draw with a tablet in PS and I dont want to fall to bad habits.
Should I get any of those pencil brushes for sketching or just use the standard ones?

Im not really feeling confortable with the default brushes but at the same time I know once I learn something I stay with it for years. It happened me in 3Dmax or zbrush.

Which are your personal choices?
>>
I recently downloaded pencil brushes and it feels much better for sketching, I was with default brush for a long time and it always felt messy

Gotta use good brushes settings too
>>
brushes literally don't matter for shit

There is nothing you can't draw or paint with just the built-in brushes

if you feel some other brushes are more comfy or work better for you, use them, but don't waste more time on thinking about brushes than you have to, it's just procrastination and won't improve your art or skill in any way
>>
>>2462609
>brushes literally don't matter for shit
Spoken like a true fucking idiot.
>>
>>2462626
spoken like a pleb who fucks around with their brushes all day and never gets to actually drawing anything.
>>
>> Im not who you replied to but your an idiot , tools are important and different brushes can make drawing and painting a lot easier/faster.

Sure you could paint/draw anything with the default brushes, I could also draw/paint anything with a mouse given enough time, that doesn't make it efficient or advisable however.
>>
>>2462707

>using a completely different piece of hardware is at all comparable to changing how your lines look in software

You fuckin wot
>>
>>2462707
Sure, it is probably possible to create a brush that is so bad that it is akin to drawing with mouse vs. drawing with the tablet.

But my point is that the brushes that come by default with PS (and basically any other painting software) are good, so your analogy does not apply. Using brushes other than the defaults will not really improve anything. If you find a brush that you think feels great and is fun to use -- use it. But don't waste time fooling yourself into thinking that better brushes make better artists.
>>
>>2462609
Nice implications. Can you offer advice without the bitterness next time?
not everybody is a brush spaz
>>
>>2461826
Download Kyles megapack. Only 15 bucks but its all you'll ever need. Feels like the actual tools.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.