[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How rare is drawing in real life? I was drawing downtown in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
How rare is drawing in real life? I was drawing downtown in my metro area of about 3 million and a business guy in a suit comes up and asks what I'm doing says that's awesome, then writes his number down on the back of a receipt and tells me to call him after 10.

Do most people know someone who is pursuing fine arts (not crafts or pinterest shit) or is it actually really something most people have no experience with?
>>
>>2460740

He'll want to 'model nude' for you but in reality its all a ploy so he can get summdat boipussy.

Don't fall for it OP.
>>
Ive seen one girl practicing perspective outside once and two grown women drawing generic 'tumblr' art.
That is it aside from myself every once in a while.
>>
>>2460747

yea my mom said it was some sort of unwanted sexual advance and told me to gain some weight so this would stop happening
>>
>>2460740
It's extremely rare past your teens and outside weeb circles.
>>
>>2460762

Yea I get the sense drawing is not fashionable or cool. It seems like every 20-something girl who went to a liberal arts college and listens to radiohead and saint vincent is into ceramics though.
>>
>>2460765
Nah it's just that it's rare. People of all ages see drawing as a cool thing.

I can only see the most retarded lowlife scum looking at someone draw and think he's a loser.
>>
File: AHHHHHHHHHHNICE.jpg (26 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHHNICE.jpg
26 KB, 540x540
>>2460759
Alright op, here's what you do.

Call him; if he actually offers you something in art fields you might as well go with it, or at least see what it about.

If he is trying to fuck you:

>Call him
>Ask if he wants to come over
>Scatter your art shit everywhere.
>Pencils, sketchbooks, etc.
>Put up large poster paper with some crude, some detailed drawings of cocks.
>LIKE A LOT OF THEM
>Purchase a crack pipe and make some fake meth
>Lock the door the moment he walks in
>Invite him onto your bed (which should be covered in art supplies too)
>Ask if he wants to be drawn-
If no:
>Start screaming and getting overly mad
>Try to unbuckle his pants
>Grab his ankles
>As he scrambles out the door throw your shit at him
>Call him the day after and ask if he wants to come over again as if nothing happened
>If the police are called into it say it was a prank

If yes:
>Tell him to get nude
>If he's uncomfortable say its for 'art'
>Look at his dick for ten minutes before picking up a pencil
>Grab something off the ground
>Get to work
>Draw the most contorted weird dick you can
>Show it to him, ask if he likes it with a very stern face
>If he says yes say something along the lines of 'you're lying, you don't like it!'
>Get buttmad again
>Do same as if he says no
>>
>>2460740
Trust me when I say this,
/ic/ does not represent reality. This is a good site to hone your skills, but in the end of the day...
Your client (should you choose to do work for businesses) doesn't know the difference between Micheal Angelo and your standard hentai artist.
>>
>>2460792

I sometimes wonder where all the autistic pedants that inhabit the internet (myself included to some extent) talking about any number of hobbies or subjects actually live in real life. I've met some very nice people in the world but the simple fact is that most people are casual plebs who don't get triggered by things in their hobby. Maybe there are just very very few of us but concentrated on a forum it seems like a lot.
>>
>>2460790

lol it never crossed my mind that he wanted anything other than fucking my virgin a**hole. Who hires an artist they just see doodling on a park bench?
>>
>>2460833
me .,.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.