[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always get so angry reading about hister stuff like this, anybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 26_1-jp2[1].jpg (172 KB, 645x693) Image search: [Google]
26_1-jp2[1].jpg
172 KB, 645x693
http://www.city-journal.org/html/new-old-masters-14188.html

Even to an amateur like myself I can see that the anatomy is wrong in both of the so called "master paintings" :(
>>
>>2460459
He obviously understands color, light, and values.

The only thing I can really see that's wrong with op image is that maybe her left deltoid could be more distinguished and her right deltoid pushed a bit farther out; to avoid nitpicking of course. This isn't anatomically broken, its just a bit of an awkward pose.

>How can you even make out the anatomy in the self portrait?

u seem like a whiny faggot desu senpai baka
>>
Anatomy is good enough and values and colours (ergo - what really matters) are just noice. Look at dem folds.

t. other n00b
>>
I wish I had good enough eyes to see the mistakes. Maybe next year.
>>
>>2460459
if you think that perfect anatomy = good painting then you're an idiot. The aim of painting is to create an image that looks good. Anatomy can assist that aim, but if a painter decides to adjust or push anatomy for compositional purposes, there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>2460587

wrong
>>
>>2460621
Not that anon;

It's not "wrong" at all. The artist chooses what he wants to push in a reference and what he wants to hide. It's been that way with all the greats; the reference only acts as a guide for the finished piece. Or everything would come out as a photocopied image.
>>
>>2460459
better than 99999.9% of /ic/

rein in your autism you fucking retard
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>2460621
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.