[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art shaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
I've had issues with a person who keeps art shaming everything I do to the point I deleted all my stuff from the net and that I've given up on drawing even though it used to bring me alot of joy. I can understand criticizing it but to say things like I should draw again & that I should kill myself etc is a bit far esp when that person isn't the best artist in the world either. I want to start drawing again but I need to know how do you guys deal with art shamers? I know its different for everybody. The pic is not mine but I really enjoyed it though it used to inspire me alot.
>>
saying things like i should never draw again * Sorry for my typos
>>
how is cyberbullying real etc

How you deal with them depends a lot on who they are and who you are

Are they somebody you know or just some random asshole?
>>
post some proof of that person shaming you
>>
>>2460370
>how is cyberbullying real etc
>too afraid to post his draws because I'll cyberbully him

c'mon little man, post your draws.
>>
>>2460354
You should be bullied for quitting art because someone insulted you. Fag
>>
Grow a thicker skin or just give up.

Even if you became the single greatest artist in the world, a percentage of the people who see your stuff will incessantly and obsessively shit on you. The bigger you get, the more people fall within that percentage.
>>
File: 1453567418143.jpg (72 KB, 537x399) Image search: [Google]
1453567418143.jpg
72 KB, 537x399
>obligatory
>>
Get a therapist
>>
I got aspies left and right shitting on me all the time and i havent deleted a single one of my stuff.
What made you to be such a gigantic pussy that can't handle real life?
>>
Okay I hate to be that guy but maybe OP is genuinely sensitive

"Grow a pair" isn't really useful advice it's like saying "just don't feel the emotion and you'll be fine"

I dunno I'd like to see more artists in the world not less

I wanna know more about this conflict between OP and their random hatefriend
>>
ITT: tough keyboard warriors behind anonymity
>>
>>2460388
You're brutally resilient to ill comments and used that to your advantage and you've managed to ruin lots of things in your warpath.
Your weakness is kind hearts, when your oc is spammed all over that one board a couple of days ago you've stopped your negative attitude and stopped creating drawthreads and reduced your shilling heavily.
I wonder if everyone suddenly likes you, you will stop drawing because you dont want to disappoint anyone by replying to salty haters with equally salty hate
>>
>>2460394
this ^
>>
>>2460390
its not even about him being sensitive, its more to do with him valuing this random shitlord whos hating on him more than drawing, blocking said shitlord & keeping on is probably what 99% of people would have done
>>
>>2460354
Where was he doing this anyway? On the internet? Why not just ignore him or block him them?

>>2460395
OC copypasta nice
>>
>>2460394
One of the guys posting in this thread is transparent.
Guess who?
>>
>>2460402
it was on da, tumbler & pixel i kept blocking him & trying to ignore him but he would make a another accountant whenever i blocked him to spam me again it was easy to tell who he was b/c he would use the same name & just add numbers after it
>>2460371
I would if I could but I deleted all my accountants to try to get rid of the guy I wish I thought of taking a screenshot of it but I was just ready to be done of it all asap.
>>
>>2460421

Hey, OP.

Give me his name.
>>
>>2460403
your mom
>>
>>2460354
If you want to put yourself out there this is part of what you risk. In my 4 years of posting actively I've never had anything but kind repsonses and adoration.

Where do you post?
What do you draw / paint?
Details will help us give you advice that is relevant to you.
Rather than saying:
"Haters make me famous" or "stop drawing retarded shit people hate"
>>
>>2460421
Well, I don't know what to tell you. There's not much you can do except simply ignoring them or igniting drama by showing evidence to your/his audience(which requires a sizable audience and might not even be a good idea.)

If you know a 2nd language you can start posting on a community that is based on the language, he might not find you there.
>>
>>2460421
just show all these account numbers he used, if he's lazy as fuck to delete all his troll account afterwards then it's enough proof.
>>
You have to realise how annoying it is to hear "I gave up on my passion completely because some unhappy asshole used time to shit on me".

Did you ever try to get into a real conversation with him and ask why he is doing what he is doing.?
>>
>>2460436
I posted mostly on da. I draw scifi & medieval stuff but every now & then I would oil paint scenes in nature like sunsets & cliffs etc.
>>
>>2460479
Yea I tried that a few times all I would get in response was "stfu faggot & why the fuck are you still alive go kill yourself" So I didn't bother with trying to reason with him no more.
>>2460433
I dont want to give his name out I dont want to start anymore drama I just want to know how to deal with ppl like this so I can deal with them myself in the future so I can start new accountant under new name & start drawing again.
>>
>>2460530
>I just want to know how to deal with ppl like this so I can deal with them myself in the future

See that's the thing, it very much depends on the person

With the average troll you either wait for them to get bored or you just continue blocking them, sometimes the former works better.

If you've got a dedicated troll that has chased you across multiple areas, you may have somebody who knows you personally and has it out for you, and if that's the case, jumping ship won't help

The thing is, your average rampaging douche rarely targets individuals, and when confronted they can often open up because attention is their primary desire

If attempting to reason with them has only resulted in more hostility, that usually suggests a personal vendetta

the TL;DR is this person knows you, and you probably won't be able to be free of them until you know who they are
>>
>>2460513
There's always this option.

Start posting on Japanese places. That way if they comment on you, you won't understand the language
>>
>>2460540
This, if he is that relentless then he most likely knows you, did you stole his bf OP?
>>
>>2460540
That's really interesting but I dunno who I could've upset tho I'm normally shy & mostly keep to myself. So the best thing to do is avoid telling ppl I know my new online id until I can figure out who it is?
>>
>>2460577

Well, either that or do some investigation and try and figure out who it is. It might not be who you think, it could be somebody you don't even remember, or some friend of a friend who saw you at a party or something once and thought you were dumb or some equally stupid shit.
>>
That sucks man, but you can't let one troll win. I wonder if this is someone who has some connection to you in real life or just a random troll. Got any beef with someone irl? Crazy ex or something along those lines? If the second they probably target others as well. If it's so severe it might be an idea to collect evidence and report him to the admins, who might be able to contact his internet provider and at the very least give him a scare.
>>
>>2460540
Welp, didn't see this post. So seconded. I suspect this is someone who knows you.
>>
File: x_9fff5674_large.jpg (80 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
x_9fff5674_large.jpg
80 KB, 453x604
>>2460354
Why would you be so weak to let some dipshit on the internet win like that? It's the internet, you're on 4chan. You should be used to seeing this kind of empty, half-hearted threat bullshit by now. There's also a thing called a REPORT button and emailing the people in-charge of art websites. Do you care so little about yourself to just stop doing something that makes you happy?
>>
>>2460668
if they suffer from depression then yea thats all it takes to make you stop doing something that makes you happy
>>
I'm very sorry op. If it were me, I would gather a clear concise list of evidence sampling their trolling over each of their accounts from each site, then send it to the mods asking for assistance in keeping their site healthy and clean, because this guy is endeavoring to scare away one of their members.
>>
File: JH65NB3.png (200 KB, 1186x676) Image search: [Google]
JH65NB3.png
200 KB, 1186x676
>>
File: tumblr_nw5vhsjCSr1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg (453 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw5vhsjCSr1qla6e4o1_1280.jpg
453 KB, 1080x1080
>>2460772
Lol, no it's not. I have depression and I know many other people that have severe anxiety, autism (with depression), and clinical depression. The one with severe anxiety might give in to bullying but, not before blocking this person or calling on the admins/mods/whatever. Having depression doesn't make you 'weak.' OP is just lacking any sort of control over himself and his life.
>>
Can you post your account, so that we could monitor your account Also have you tried calling him a faggot?
>>
>>2460354
>>2460421
>>2460513

Jesus fuck OP, let me tell you one thing, there are two kinds of people, the ones that are either better or worse than you but will encourage others as artists and understand that with proper practice everybody improves.

Then there's beta and bitter faggots that either try to pull you down because you're better than them and feel like you shouldn't be or arrogant fucks that just like to pick on people lower than them to make themselves feel good, because they know damn well they can't open their mouths to the people better than them, you know, what you would call a bully. as a matter of fact, I used to get trolled pretty often here until I decided I was tired of his bullshit, he "challenged" me, and he ended up ridiculing himself.

A mix of those two on /ic/ would be Brian, just another beta loud mouth that feels too insecure about his art and try to make a meme out of himself to ignore criticism all the while trying to pull people down.

I don't know if what you're really presenting is true, it might be just some attention whoring lie but if it isn't, let me just tell you that you should just ignore those kind of people, real artists encourage each others, and you should probably get one or two more layers of skin against bullshit.
>>
>>2460354
>>
File: 1456016682959.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1456016682959.gif
2 MB, 235x240
Continue man
>>
File: 1457584639216.jpg (51 KB, 492x557) Image search: [Google]
1457584639216.jpg
51 KB, 492x557
>OP was unfortunate enough to draw the attention of a genuinely mentally ill shitboot

Try to get him banned and if he tries using VPNs you can probably start working on an actual harassment lawsuit

I know I wouldn't let some random piece of shit mess with my career if he was doing it to me.
>>
>>2460940
This.
I have to restart all my accounts under a different name because all other avenues I've tried to keep this one fucktard from bothering me haven't worked so I'm filing a restraining order on him. Don't let someone keep you from doing what you do, and you're not wrong for taking action. If someone is really bothering you that much you have more of a right to shut them out of your life than they have to keep disrupting it so don't feel any remorse in doing what you have to do.
>>
>>2460354
oh its you lmao
kill yourself my man
i cant wait to criticize all your art once you start again
>>
There's no point in reasoning with those people, so save your time and energy for something else. Blocking, reporting and/or ignoring them is your best bet.
>>
>>2460354
Nothing you do will help unless you go to therapy first.
You are broken and you can't build a sturdy house on weak grounds.
>>
>>2460386
top fucking kek
he's got a point
>>
Why would you let someone who doesn't know you affect you?
>>
Why would you let someone who doesn't know you affect you?
>>
>>2460354
Seek out talented yet lesser known artists for critiques and advice, they're usually just happy that someone admires them enough to ask.
Twitter is a great tool for this.
>>
you know you are doing something right when you've attracted someone who genuinely has strong feelings towards your art, even if its negative.

well unless you are legitimately shit and is like one of those DA cringe laughing stocks
>>
>>2464131
>DA cringe laughing stocks
like op?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.