[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative Art/Stylization General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 103
File: finewine_ftrop.jpg (69 KB, 552x897) Image search: [Google]
finewine_ftrop.jpg
69 KB, 552x897
Last thread: >>2454339

This thread is meant for artists who might want to try to make anime works in-between their studies. It is strongly recommended that you use this thread in conjunction with learning the elements and fundamentals of art. You can also discuss the visual elements of various professional artists as well if you keep it relatively articulate and civil.

Submit your drawings, receive feedback or critique others! Share your knowledge and remember to thank those who've critiqued or red-lined your drawings. Most importantly, take a shot when cute drawings are posted!

>Fresh off the boat? Get back on the boat and read THIS:
http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-draw-learn

https://sites.google.com/site/ourwici/
>Proko
http://www.proko.com/videos/
>Ctrl+Paint
http://ctrlpaint.com/
>Hitokaku Index
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zm5s-nkmr/
>0033
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=59317
>List of active livestreams
http://livestreamstatuslist.appspot.com/
>fellowBro's books
http://mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8
>Tutorial/Reference Collection
http://pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
>Taiwanese Tutorials
http://iradukai.com/
>Figures
http://reference.sketchdaily.net/
>Pose Practice
http://www.eggazyoutatsu.net/eng/atarichan.html

Remember the words of our good friend Glen Vilppu: “No rules, just tools.”

/ic/: "Daily reminder that one Artist can now make up to 26k biweekly"
>>
File: rabbit princess.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3000) Image search: [Google]
rabbit princess.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3000
Posted this in the last thread in the last hour, hope you don't mind if I put it here again
>>
>>2460297
resize your pic pls anon
>>
File: rsz_rabbit_princess.jpg (140 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
rsz_rabbit_princess.jpg
140 KB, 800x480
>>2460297
>>2460312
Resized
>>
File: амн.jpg (197 KB, 709x966) Image search: [Google]
амн.jpg
197 KB, 709x966
>>2460027
i learn hampton now sometimes but its standart fundamentals + my tryhards
>>
File: uM8XTJLGVZU.jpg (60 KB, 1000x694) Image search: [Google]
uM8XTJLGVZU.jpg
60 KB, 1000x694
>>
>>
>>2460348
Legit laughed at the wojack face.
>>
>>2460326

May I remind you the warp tool has been invented.
>>
File: Icon.jpg (261 KB, 1078x1200) Image search: [Google]
Icon.jpg
261 KB, 1078x1200
Work goes on
>>
File: alpha.png (145 KB, 480x757) Image search: [Google]
alpha.png
145 KB, 480x757
>>
>>2460576
Work on your line art, it's very chicken-scratchy. You need to have solid, fluid lines.

The overall composition is very boring as well, and the subject matter generic. It's ok for a quick sketch, but I would sdvice you to strive for better.
>>
>>2460576
Her figure is stiff, it could probably be better if she shows her feelings more in her pose. (Except you went for the silent type.)

Her right arm is weird, probably upper arm to short, and lower arm not properly constructed at all and the hand probably badly positioned. Wrists don't like this shit.

>>2460589
IIRC, what you call chicken scratch is normally totally fine for this kind of drawing. Or did I miss some advice specific to drawing anime/manga?
>>
File: hatch.jpg (597 KB, 1061x1501) Image search: [Google]
hatch.jpg
597 KB, 1061x1501
>>2460572
>The rendering on the body looks good, but I don't like the face. I don't understand why you decided to split the process either?
>Why did you start rendering before having solid line art?

My favorite way of working is digital painting.
I don't draw lines and the color inside them. i kinda make a rought like ROUGH sketch and then simply fucking render it just because i'm most comfortable with it, and if I feel necessary i add some outline for style

And well, if it's really necessary i'll make myself a trip.
It's a war on shitposting after all.
>>
File: midna as link.jpg (432 KB, 800x1202) Image search: [Google]
midna as link.jpg
432 KB, 800x1202
Just finished drawing this.
>>
File: tomboy.jpg (428 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
tomboy.jpg
428 KB, 707x1000
>>2460614
>>2460572
Well sometimes I do make line, then color inside the lines but I kinda like it a lot less.
When i'm serious i do it like painting.
>>
>>2460572
Not everybody that renders does super clean lineart before they start.
>>
>>2460376
You've been here too long.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 488x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 488x810
>>2459561
>Use local colors at 80-90% over a previous colorlayer so everything is is more armonic.
Sorry man, I'm a little green on most of the terms you threw down. Gonna have to bother you for some clarification.

>Local colors?
Like local reflective light?

>80-90% over a previous color layer
80-90% opacity? What kind of layer would this be, multiply or overlay? Or something else?

>armonic
Uhhh, Google not helpful here... More armor-like?

>Ur tones are pretty distant
Tones as in Tint, Tones, Shade? I've only been operating with hue, sat, and value in mind... Do you mean I should make my tones more distant? https://www.viget.com/articles/tints-tones-shades

>>2459523
Also, my color ref was pic attached. I did a color pick just now, and realized I shifted everything to a cooler hue.
>>
File: dark tes.jpg (259 KB, 1753x1995) Image search: [Google]
dark tes.jpg
259 KB, 1753x1995
today's creation
>>
>>2460949
check your proportions.
>>
File: yutaka_sash.jpg (137 KB, 848x566) Image search: [Google]
yutaka_sash.jpg
137 KB, 848x566
>>2460949
There's something horrible going on with the proportions of her body.
For starters, the head it's too big even for a kid, that right arm is completely disfigured and it looks like she just lacks an upper arm entirely.
The torso is too thick, shapeless and long for her tiny skinny short legs, even if the robe is supposed to be "loose" around her, it look like a sheet enveloping a tree trunk. Since there are so many variations of kimonos and robes out there, I'll not get too into the design, but the obi, on women robes, is always ubicated higher on the waist just under the bust so give some shape to the body.
And the more I stare at it, the more it makes me remember this other image I saw some time ago but I can't remember the series so I'll stop now...
>>
File: 123123.jpg (149 KB, 758x748) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
149 KB, 758x748
>>
File: 1222.jpg (785 KB, 1370x1642) Image search: [Google]
1222.jpg
785 KB, 1370x1642
>>
>>2461009
>>2461012
Stop that horrendous chicken scratch and there's nothing that pisses me off more than that fucking pigeon toe stop drawing that weeb shit goddammit it looks fucking retarded.
>>
File: spearzzz.jpg (159 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
spearzzz.jpg
159 KB, 1200x800
spearguy
>>
>>2461019
color looks a bit dull.. but overall it's really nice
do you have a blog anon?
>>
File: 032316_SotV.jpg (200 KB, 1069x966) Image search: [Google]
032316_SotV.jpg
200 KB, 1069x966
>>
>>2461059
i'm calling the FBI
>>
>>2461059
Big heads
>>
>>2461059
Take a seat over there.
Your freedom of artistic expression is not wanted over here.
>>
File: importance of lines.jpg (59 KB, 596x758) Image search: [Google]
importance of lines.jpg
59 KB, 596x758
>>2460612
>totally fine
Not really... those sorts of strokes look really messy, and show a lack of confidence. Spending just 5 minutes to clean up the lines really goes a long way in making a sketch look a lot better. Pic related.

This was just me tracing over his sketch with clean lines. Didn't take me more than 5 mins, and it looks a lot better.

Also, sketchy lines do a good job at hiding mistakes and the like since the thought process that goes into defining lines, and choosing just the right amount of lines to convey the piece is a whole process onto itself. One which will teach him to better self-critique anatomical errors.

I'm just saying, if he wants to improve, I thoroughly recommend he take the extra 10 mins to work on lines.

If anything, it'll make his art a lot better, and this is without weighing his lines, which would add even more definition to his sketch. And again, that takes no more than 10 mins for a simple sketch like that.

>>2460614
That's fine. But advice you render the face at the same time as the rest of the body, because you're creating this uncanny disparity between the body and face, where the face is awfully simplistic and flat in contrast to the body.

At your level in fact, I would honestly recommend you make more solid lineart before you start painting in fact. It doesn't have to be super clean, but do map your highlights, folds, features, etc.

The process is Lines>Values>Color

Make sure your lines are really solid before jumping to values and colors.

>>2460643
This video should help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNHqnDVzm9M

>>2460949
Your proportions are way off dude. Go do some figure sketches man. Like, the hands too small, legs tiny, torso too long, etc...

I'd say spend a good month figure drawing a good 3 hours a day, 3 days a week dude.

>>2461012
Her right foreleg is awfully skinny. I like the perspective and construction. But your sloppy lineart is really holding back your work.

Line Economics mayman.
>>
>>2461019
I really like the style.

However, the feet are too small. Also, I recommend you weigh your lines. It looks a bit sloppy, but with a bit more polish. (better linework, to tones of shadows, highlights), it could look great.

Keep up the good work though.

>>2461059
Same as above, looks sloppy and unfinished, but has great potential. As it is now, it looks like a half and half between a sketch and a painting.
>>
File: 786dg65fg76df5hd.jpg (34 KB, 340x553) Image search: [Google]
786dg65fg76df5hd.jpg
34 KB, 340x553
>>2461150
i'd say it's his constructions, not lines that he should prioritize to improve

drawing with solid constructions can still looking good despite having 'scribbly' lines. the opposite? not so much i think
>>
File: FB_IMG_1438041063110.jpg (32 KB, 1320x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1438041063110.jpg
32 KB, 1320x960
>>2461166
Oh, I definitely agree. Construction should come first. His entire sketch seems to be playing it safe, and shows a lack of confidence.

I would recommend he do lots of figure drawing, and really polish those sketches giving them weighted lines and such. However, he should figure draw either in traditional, or on a single layer, and aim to produce clean drawings from those. I think that will teach him a lot.

15 mins per pose, 3 hours a day, 2 days a week for... a good 4 months will do him wonders.

Even better if he can do live models, but if not, photos are the next best thing.

Pic related is what he should aim for.

If he can set himself a goal of reaching this level of drawing in figure sketches in 3ish months, the rest of his work will benefit greatly from it.
>>
>>2461152
>Same as above, looks sloppy and unfinished, but has great potential. As it is now, it looks like a half and half between a sketch and a painting.
sure is jelly here
>>
>>2461169
You need Loomis. Or any anatomy book; Hampton might help
>>
>>2461179
>>2461181
That was from two years ago. And I wasn't asking for critique.

Also, if you're gonna be giving critique without a trip, be aware that you're largely gonna be ignored.

To anyone serious about critiquing, THIS is the reason why I keep saying to use a trip when posting art or giving critique.

So, from here on, please start using a trip till we can ward off the shitposters.
>>
>>2461185
>>2461150
Regardless, you still need loomis, hampton or any anatomy book. Bridgeman can help with fabric
>>
>>2461016
>s-stop drawing what i don't like!
autism
>>
>>2461185
you're shitting on people that draw better than you
i wonder who's the shitposter here
>>
File: miraak_3.png (722 KB, 790x1578) Image search: [Google]
miraak_3.png
722 KB, 790x1578
>>2461190
to be fair, chickenscratching looks bad, and it would definitely look better with confident lines instead. As for pigeon toes, i personally think it doesn't fit the angle/mood of the character. Pigeon toes usually imply shyness or cuteness, and both the angle that the character is viewed from and its expression state otherwise.

I posted in the last thread and didn't get too much out critique out of it. How is this? I darkened the skin, dunno if it was a good idea.
>>
>>2461198
I really like the skin tones. Not sure how I feel about the tone you used for the shadow though. It looks a bit green. I'd say perhaps try a more purple, or blue tone.

Keep the green where the skin meets the dress, but further away try a different tone, something more akin to the colors you used on her breasts with a hint of purple.

Just my two cents.

Also, her left elbow is bent a bit weird. Use the lasso tool to correct that. Looks good otherwise.
>>
>>2461198
Study Hampton's hands. Study Bridgeman's fabric and anatomy if you want.

Anatomy is fucked, but i appreciate the effort put into the shading. Try to read anatomy for sculptors by uldis. It should be in the /abt/.

Maybe scrap this and try it again from scratch; depending on how bad you want to get good.

Knee cap, shoulder girdle, head, and neck are a must fix. Fix the shading as well
>>
>>2461199
Thanks anon, I'll work on that right away.
>>2461200
I've been doing a bit of studies from bridgman, helped me a lot. Last thread, another anon said to make the legs bigger, so I did. Was that a mistake? As for the neck, would the fix be to define some muscle/tendon and thicken?
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1165x830) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1165x830
Stealing color palettes with eye dropper till I learn how to compose them.

Colored some old inktober drawing. I also have problems balancing the distribution of colors... Probably need to thumbnail?
>>
>>2461150
>Not really... those sorts of strokes look really messy, and show a lack of confidence. Spending just 5 minutes to clean up the lines really goes a long way in making a sketch look a lot better. Pic related.
Thanks for clearing this up, I agree with you when it comes to the process and intent.

Now I see that the sleeve on her left arm is drawn wrong. As the other anon said, it seems to be construction.
>>
File: 2016-03-28 03.03.58.jpg (780 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-28 03.03.58.jpg
780 KB, 1440x2560
>>2461203
Something like this, I construct my heads with boxes, so take it with the grainiest of salt. Its just my interpretation, so good luck
>>
>>2461059
you could probably literally resize the bodies and stick the heads back on to make it look correct.
>>
>>2460617
Since no one replied to the other thing I uploaded, how about this one?
I was practicing the Bravely Default style and anatomy.
>>
>>2461198
It's a bit of a mess
- sword doesn't have highlights from the light source at its edge
- face is in shade where it shouldn't (below eyebrows)
- her breasts and chest between them are badly shaded
- the necklace(?) around her neck has bad reflections

Basically, a problem with defining the light source and not knowing how hilights work.

this one I am guessing, but the skintone for the bright side is too bright, this should be reserved for the hilight?

There is also a lot of problems with the shade color, be brutal and throw some blue into the green, maybe make it even brighter where it gets normally really dark.

Don't do brown for the bg, but that will come probably last once you can fix the painting and be very obvious how to fix.
>>
>>2461228
I don't like the subject matter, but that's just me. This one looks a lot better than the other one. The lines are a little too messy though it suits the style. Clean up the lines on the inside, only leave the border messy.

Also, your line weight makes little sense and is a bit too random.

Make sure your choice of line weight is consistent throughout the piece.

Heavy lines are generally meant to convey closer objects, and objects in shadow. However, YOU make up the rules. Whatever rules you choose though, make sure you stick to them, and they're properly conveyed. For example, a use of heavier lines behind her, and lighter lines at the front would look good. As if you had frontal lighting. This sorta likework would really compliment your coloring style since you're not using values, and would in turn make it look really good.

I think the sketchy lines work well for the fur, but look really bad in the clothes. Use smooth clean lines on the clothes, and sketchier ones for the fur.

Coloring looks good though.
>>
>>2461228
Looks good, not much too say as you probably want to draw a lot of these to improve, then move to proper 3d construction of the same, as you don't seem to be good enough for that yet.

What is still wrong is probably how the torso is connected to the pelvis and then the neck; the main body line feels wrong as she doesn't balance the weight shift with her legs. The moment a person moves their upper body slightly in one direction, the rest of the body acts naturally to balance.
>>
File: lola exercise.jpg (363 KB, 932x866) Image search: [Google]
lola exercise.jpg
363 KB, 932x866
>>2461239
Thank you for the nice comments!
Line weight is ALWAYS something i've struggled with. I just have no idea how to go about practicing it and implementing it. I realise it gives all my stuff a flat sorta feel. For example. (This picture is definitely more styled though)

>>2461240
Thank you the comments. It's part of the style to have large hips, and small feet. But i see what you mean. It looks unnatural.
>>
File: fish.jpg (817 KB, 1700x1020) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
817 KB, 1700x1020
I know the lines are slill awful, but does girl look better this way? And how about the lighting on trees?
>>
File: Main Trio.jpg (1 MB, 5000x3716) Image search: [Google]
Main Trio.jpg
1 MB, 5000x3716
following previous advice, I've redrawn the characters making some changes.

"draw with intent" was the main thing I got from last time.

I still wanna keep the cell shading. Do you think the linework from last time would work better? Or perhaps a more polished variant of what I have now?
>>
>>2461248
>Thank you the comments. It's part of the style to have large hips, and small feet. But i see what you mean. It looks unnatural.
Eh, the large hips and small feet are perfectly fine. It's just that her pose/movement could have needed some work.
>>
>>2461305
RESIZE
E
S
I
Z
E
>>
File: Main Trio.jpg (311 KB, 2000x1486) Image search: [Google]
Main Trio.jpg
311 KB, 2000x1486
>>2461309
Ahh! Sorry.
>>
>>2461310
the perspective on the back layer of hair and on the adam's apple of the middle dude seems off
>>
>>2461310
I think it's a little jarring to see a guy with a strong, thick neck, and then have a narrow, weak chin/jaw.
>>
>>2461310
Guy looks like a tranny. Unless that's what you were going for, learn the muscles of the neck to avoid trannies.
>>
>>2461019
>>2461059
solid work lads
>>
File: Main Trio.jpg (330 KB, 2000x1486) Image search: [Google]
Main Trio.jpg
330 KB, 2000x1486
>>2461312
>>2461319
Better?
>>
>>2461330
barely
>>
>>2461307
OK thank you man. I'll bear this in mind.
>>
>>2461150
ty i started drawing on january so still lack on a lot of foundamental

(And i know i make hands really small, everytime, i wish i could fix that but there is something wrong in my brain probably)

Btw this is the rough sketch, can someone redline it?
>>
>>2461370
less chickenscratch, more construction on the head before drawing. arms are not very proportional: the right arm's elbow is too high up.
>>
File: large.jpg (71 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
71 KB, 500x275
>>2461370
Tiny baby hands are creepy dude
>>
File: paintover51.jpg (202 KB, 1000x743) Image search: [Google]
paintover51.jpg
202 KB, 1000x743
>>2461330
>>
>>2461432
His looks a lot better.

There's a lot more diversity and personality to the style. Yours looks a bit uncanny. The proportions are off. Eyes too small, mouths too small, etc. Reminds me of the fat dude from Prison school where the face is much more scrunched up.

Also, it's obvious giving the girl on the right big lips was intentional.
>>
>>2461370
You should have constructed the whole figure, regardless of how much you really draw. "More How to Draw Manga Vol. 1 - The Basics of Character Drawing" has some useful advice, although some are specific to drawing manga (not illustration in manga style.)
>>
File: Heather-Locklear-iconic.jpg (26 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Heather-Locklear-iconic.jpg
26 KB, 300x400
>>2461432
The bangs of the girl on the left looks very off. I'm not talking about the style, I get where you're coming from, but the actual rendering the hair looks a little wobbly and the lines inside the shape don't really seem to compliment the flow very well. The shape is a little unnatural for hair. You can see it a bit as well in the bangs of the dude too, the two curled bangs dont really seem to have the shape of hair, they don't taper correctly.
>>
File: pixlr_20160217121357450.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20160217121357450.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
>>2461465
Well, what I was going for was inspired by this (orange hair, down in center).

In fact, the first drawing drew very heavily from that photo. I wanna keep the same complexity and chaos to her hair. I'll probably use a gradient again as well.

Should I divide the bangs even further perhaps?
>>
>>2461478
Like I said, it's not really about the style, it's how you drew it. The lines don't make any sense for hair. They look like you were rendering bark or tree roots.
>>
>>2461479
Ok, gotcha. Thanks
>>
>>2461385
>>2461457
ty guys!
>>
File: c_prc_dk4kjs_iowa.jpg (513 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
c_prc_dk4kjs_iowa.jpg
513 KB, 707x1000
i cant into this bodytype sorry
>>
>>2461016
It may be chicken Scratching it its controlled chicken Scatching
I am fine with this form
>>
File: 1441055731549.jpg (48 KB, 437x392) Image search: [Google]
1441055731549.jpg
48 KB, 437x392
>>2461513
>controlled chicken Scatching
>>
File: Main Trio.jpg (373 KB, 2000x1486) Image search: [Google]
Main Trio.jpg
373 KB, 2000x1486
I gotta go to work. Here's what I got thus far.

Just the sketches for the poses. Mostly done with this phase. From here on I'll be doing the lineart, and then the values and coloring in simple cell shading.

I won't be doing Blanca (the Latina chick with the big lips) since I think her pose from last time is fine.

I plan on having the full page finished by tonight, perhaps do some expressions tomorrow, and then move onto something else (thumbnails, then I gotta draw the uncle and some minor characters etc...).
>>
>>2461513
Funny joke, anon.
>>
File: Loli eyes.png (307 KB, 339x563) Image search: [Google]
Loli eyes.png
307 KB, 339x563
>>2461518
Its amazing how just an angle can say about a picture
>>
>>2461529
Look the same to me.
>>
>>2461518

There's such thing. As a sketch I don't think it's a problem. That thing can easily be read, you could ink over that if you felt like it and know exactly what lines needed inking. The really bad chicken scratching is all over the place and it makes it difficult to ink.
>>
>>2461505
jesus christ anon what happened to her mouth? did the abyssals punched and slashed it or what
>>
>>2461524
Badass.
>>
>>2461505
How can you be so good at rendering and yet so bad at drawing faces?
>>
>>2461544
i dunno what you're talking about. looks great to me
>>
File: 032316_SotV.jpg (202 KB, 1069x966) Image search: [Google]
032316_SotV.jpg
202 KB, 1069x966
>>2461213
aight I resized the head, looks kinda sorta better now i think
>>2461152
yeah i get you, I have the same irk. the lineart's too hard and dark for rendering that detailed. I'm contemplating instead of doing the lineart and then color on th e layer beneath it, i'll just paint over the entire thing and draw another line art over the painting
>>
>>2461573
Thats better, he doesnt look like Tyrion Lannister
Her leg perspective is just a bit weird to me, but everything else looks pretty nice
Also it looks kinda messed up that your drawing this
>>
>>2461581
don't worry about it, she's literally 25 years old
>>
>>2461505
100% problem with drawing a a head in perspective. It's like you took a normal head from the front and squashed it in awkward ways to make it fit and hoped you could get away with it. You haven't properly constructed the head+face in perspective and couldn't make any real artistic choice.

>overrendering body shapes without a clue and style
Look more at other artists.
>>
>>2461573
How do you got so many pledges on your patreon?
>>
>>2461590
Oh thank goodness
Im just gonna hang up the phone now
Was about to call the cops
>>
>>2461581
Don't worry, everyone is always 18+ when naked.

>>2461573
Looks way better. More is probably not possible without resizing him a lot, as he is 5-6 heads big right now. (I doubt that was intended. Or maybe I am just missing something.)
>>
File: miraak_3.png (588 KB, 790x1578) Image search: [Google]
miraak_3.png
588 KB, 790x1578
>>2461234
>>2461199
i threw quite a bit of blues on the shaded areas, especially the skin. Greyed out the background.

>>2461212
alright, so from the looks of the redline, i needed to 1. enlarge the head and 2. move head/neck/shoulders down.

Also, I thickened the neck a bit and added those tendon-looking things

Also tried to move the colors around a bit in the chest area.

Anything else I need to address?
>>
>>2461595
pretending to be retarded on the internet wont make your life any better
>>
>>2461524
The girl's head is a little too big. Shrink it down a bit and it's perfect. Looking good so far though.
>>
>>2461595
>he doesn't know about The Story of Voyages
>>
>>2461683
No, I dont know this story
Fill me in?
>>
>>2461687
Sorry, but you should rise ur cultural level by yourself
>>
File: toot.png (144 KB, 592x794) Image search: [Google]
toot.png
144 KB, 592x794
I don't know I never draw anime seriously and I never do line art.
Or perspective.
>>
>>2462011
seek the beginner thread
>>
File: 1458579298399.jpg (609 KB, 1857x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458579298399.jpg
609 KB, 1857x1200
>>2461207
saw this picture in a thread awhile ago, hope it helps
>>
>>2462055
I have that book.

I can take some photos if you want.
>>
>>2462067
Not the guy you're replying to but I would love to see some more pages if you have the time.
>>
>>2462074
Sure thing man. Gimme a bit.
>>
>>2462015
nah im good
>>
File: IMG_20160328_232728.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_232728.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>2462074
>>
File: IMG_20160328_232748.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_232748.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>2462154
>>
File: IMG_20160328_232807.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_232807.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>2462156
>>
File: IMG_20160328_232820.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_232820.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>2462159
>>
File: IMG_20160328_232837.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_232837.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>2462161
>>
>>2462074
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4vd9pt95ycfh6k/Framed_Ink_-_Drawing_%26_Composition_for_Visual_Storytellers_%28Marcos_Mateu-Mestre%29.pdf
>>
File: IMG_20160328_232922.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_232922.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>2462164
>>
File: IMG_20160328_232935.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160328_232935.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>2462166
Ah, well, there you go.

Wasted effort I suppose.
>>
>>2462169
I appreciate your effort though.
>>
>>2462169
nevertheless thanks for the work anon
>>
>>2462169
Not at all, kind anon. I wouldn't have noticed this thread and posted the link if not for your photos. Please don't feel bad about it. Sharing is caring and you were willing to share. Thank you for being a nice person to fellow d/ic/ks. I hope you're going to have a great day.
>>
>>2462169
make a sacrifice and scan these for us
>>
>>2462176
goto >>2462166
>>
>>2462176
I don't have a scanner I'm afraid.

>>2462171
>>2462172
>>2462174
Cool, then I'm glad it was worth something. It's a fantastic book. I thoroughly recommend it.
>>
>>2462182
virus detected tbhq
>>
File: 145842020662912.jpg (64 KB, 626x614) Image search: [Google]
145842020662912.jpg
64 KB, 626x614
>>2462184
ok
>>
File: c_prc_dk4kjs_iowa.jpg (628 KB, 931x723) Image search: [Google]
c_prc_dk4kjs_iowa.jpg
628 KB, 931x723
>>2461544
>>2461549
>>2461591

ok I realised how crap that was and it turns out that angle was not very good at all so I changed it
>>
>>2462226
Both new versions are way better. Also, tell me how you draw the hair so I can steal it and become rich.
>>
>>2462055
Thanks for the drop! I'm >>2461207

>>2462166 I'll buy it, it's like $20 on Amazon.
>>
>>2462198
It's my upload and I've just downloaded it again to see if it works, and it seems to be completely fine. Ignore the alert?
>>
>>2462198
its safe imho,
>>
File: Main Trio.jpg (503 KB, 2000x1486) Image search: [Google]
Main Trio.jpg
503 KB, 2000x1486
Progress

Didn't have to do much with just one hour, but well, I fixed some anatomical errors on Reika (her arm was misproportioned, head too big, chin too low, etc...), and I finished sketching Chip.

Now I've added the old lineart for Blanca. I'm considering redoing the lineart for all three. Taking it over to Painter, and using a pencil brush to give it nice, thin, detailed strokes. Or I could just do them all like I did Blanca. Thoughts? Pencil Brush for texture, or just the regular photoshop hard brush?

I'll try to have it all finished by tomorrow night btw, since the values, and color will only take about an hour since it's cell shaded.

Oh yeah, I also considering changing Reika's shoes to a pair of Vans with yellow laces rather than the sandals she has on now. Thoughts?

Overall, I think this looks much better than last time. Though to be fair, the change are minor since I was gonna redo Chip anyway, and Reika was still pending on a pinup pose. Still glad I redid it though.
>>
>>2462299
why do their faces look all messed up?
>>
>>2462308
The proportions and symmetry look fine to me. What are you talking about?
>>
>>2462299
you know you... dont.... have to keep updating us every hour. it's fine. we're fine.
>>
File: renderingtest.png (236 KB, 593x696) Image search: [Google]
renderingtest.png
236 KB, 593x696
I wanted to try rendering, any advice?
I know the lighting has to be messed up.
>>
File: Baseballgirl fertig.jpg (377 KB, 1240x1753) Image search: [Google]
Baseballgirl fertig.jpg
377 KB, 1240x1753
do you guys like her?
>>
File: PAGE 1 AND 2 OF DINNAH TIME.jpg (1 MB, 4961x3508) Image search: [Google]
PAGE 1 AND 2 OF DINNAH TIME.jpg
1 MB, 4961x3508
Silly little comic I did for art college. Hope you guys enjoy
>>
File: pg 3 and 4 of crazy motel real.jpg (251 KB, 1240x877) Image search: [Google]
pg 3 and 4 of crazy motel real.jpg
251 KB, 1240x877
>>2462469
2/4
>>
File: pg 5 and 6.jpg (254 KB, 1240x877) Image search: [Google]
pg 5 and 6.jpg
254 KB, 1240x877
>>2462473
3/4
>>
File: pg 7 and eight.jpg (335 KB, 1240x877) Image search: [Google]
pg 7 and eight.jpg
335 KB, 1240x877
>>2462475
4/4
>>
File: ruri.png (198 KB, 768x1256) Image search: [Google]
ruri.png
198 KB, 768x1256
>>
Responding to shitposting and drama is just as bad as the shitposting and drama itself.

Stay on topic.
>>
Bunch of shitposts deleted.
Based mods...
>>
File: insta.png (105 KB, 354x473) Image search: [Google]
insta.png
105 KB, 354x473
Shadows ok?
>>
>>2462701
Shut the fuck up and focus on the art discussions.
>>
File: dood.png (383 KB, 550x910) Image search: [Google]
dood.png
383 KB, 550x910
Doodle before sleep, good nite
>>
>>2462360
More anatomy studies?
>>
File: satyr (march 2016).jpg (350 KB, 550x920) Image search: [Google]
satyr (march 2016).jpg
350 KB, 550x920
something to wind down with. crits v. appreciated!
>>
>>2462811
aaah i love this very much. Blog?

and for crits... maybe set a horizon line? It'll add to the height of the satyr's gaze
>>
File: 1455592145492.png (207 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1455592145492.png
207 KB, 557x605
>>2462469
>>2462473
>>2462475
>>2462478
nice
>>
>>2462360
work on your drawing first before trying to render anon
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (223 KB, 1480x2283) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
223 KB, 1480x2283
Hey guys,
So somebody's commissioning me to design a sexy comic book heroine...this shit is foreign to me. I've been practicing drawing female figures in the ref threads, but of course I would rather do something more cartoony than realistic. I still wanna make things as good as I can though.

This is me trying to do a "natural" pose with the character. It looks pretty good to me, but I know there have to be some things wrong about it that I'm not seeing.

Thanks yall
>>
File: 2322.png (50 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
2322.png
50 KB, 209x204
study
>>
>>2462811
comfy as fuck. I don't really understand what his left hand is doing though
>>
File: chars1 small.jpg (211 KB, 700x1038) Image search: [Google]
chars1 small.jpg
211 KB, 700x1038
First time posting in the alt thread

Trying something other than photostudies
pls b gentle
>>
File: chars2 small.jpg (247 KB, 700x998) Image search: [Google]
chars2 small.jpg
247 KB, 700x998
>>2462945
>>
File: chars3 small.jpg (260 KB, 700x1054) Image search: [Google]
chars3 small.jpg
260 KB, 700x1054
>>2462946
>>
>>2462907
Your proportions are really off dude. Arm is disproportionate, legs are off, waist too thick to be sexy. And the pose is a bit boring. Also, you've drawn her naked yet have no costume, which should be the main draw of a design.

Hell, you're not even following the design process. You shouldn't draw ONE polished character and hope something sticks. You need to do at least a dozen different sketches and silhouettes and mish and mash from the best ones.

How did you get commissioned btw? A friend?

What are you charging?
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1143x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1143x694
>>2461207
Blah, I can't do smoke effects. I tried to use a smoke brush, but it didn't match the drawing.

Made some small adjustments, but I couldn't recover the composition or color balance. Just calling it done.
>>
>>2462947
heh, i like this one. those faces are nice

you need to work on your proportion though anon
>>
>>2463014
Thanks. Yeah, I need a lot of work on EVERYTHING. but I just badly wanted to do anything other than studies
>>
>>2461059
>>2461573
How does if feel to be followed by white datura?
>>
File: SALE 2.png (2 MB, 2600x2200) Image search: [Google]
SALE 2.png
2 MB, 2600x2200
I dunno anymore bros.. I feel like im running out of art juice.. Dont know where to go from here on out.
>>
File: a26544b3014c6fb6b08a6df573818429.jpg (249 KB, 1052x1280) Image search: [Google]
a26544b3014c6fb6b08a6df573818429.jpg
249 KB, 1052x1280
Many times have I tried to draw Bodies like this
The way the arms flare out larger as they go
The box like style of things, over exaduration of the figure
But I can never get it right
(not my art)
>>
>>2463178
post your art.
>>
File: Body.png (114 KB, 594x665) Image search: [Google]
Body.png
114 KB, 594x665
>>2463231
This was the last thing I was working on
>>
File: 1459259374506.jpg (139 KB, 1280x1254) Image search: [Google]
1459259374506.jpg
139 KB, 1280x1254
>>2463235
Your proportions are very different from that of the picture. As for in your case starting off with a silhouette is fine but then I would begin to construct the forms on another layer because you're moving into the contour too soon.
>>
>>2463235

You chicken scratch, you need better line control. Develop your motor skill.

You also should learn "muscle flow" i.e. where muscles actually bump and crease. You usually get the hang of it studying anatomy and making some ebbin xD muscle hulk figures.
>>
>>2463246
Well Im not trying to directly emulate it
I just want to Alter my own style with something like his
I havent done much of gesture stuff yet, still rather new
I know a few things like the Bean and like the flow of animation, just not so good at applying it yet
>>2463249
Oh yeah I do, I chicken Scratch all the way though the first 2 layers of a drawing I do
And yeah I should look into Muscles, the idea of it sounds really scary to me though
But the Anatomy isnt wrong enough to completely scrap it?
>>
File: died.jpg (44 KB, 625x341) Image search: [Google]
died.jpg
44 KB, 625x341
>>2463258

>But the Anatomy isnt wrong enough to completely scrap it?

Ideally ou ought to have enough line control to make a figure like that from couple dozen lines in a minute's time. Search for Peter Han's dynamic drawing or something.

At this stage I wouldn't pour over any piece if I were you. I did that once, overrendering landscapes for days when I didn't have the foundations and it bit me in the ass pretty hard. Fell out of drawing for almost a year out of frustration

If you want to finish it, finish it. Quick. Then start another drawing. They won't be as great as when you waste hours on them, but take solace in the fact that if you work on your skill itself instead of painstakingly tweaking individual drawings you'll pull much better work out of your ass w/o trying by this time next year.

Also, don't chicken scratch, ever, unless you need to polish a turd to show off to someone. If the head's wonky it's wonky. The next one will be more even.
>>
File: Its a turd.jpg (127 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
Its a turd.jpg
127 KB, 894x894
>>2463267
Yeah thats why most of what I draw are quick sketches, learning anatomy and perspective and Jazz
But I mean the lengths of the person wasnt off or anything w as it?
Hips at the right spot, Breasts at the right spot?
THIS is polishing a turd
>>
>>2462796
wooooooooow, just a doodle?
>>
File: woodssmall.png (2 MB, 1778x1000) Image search: [Google]
woodssmall.png
2 MB, 1778x1000
>>2460258
>>
File: ddd.png (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
226 KB, 1920x1080
im just kind of shit desu
>>
File: 1459100193896.jpg (105 KB, 728x993) Image search: [Google]
1459100193896.jpg
105 KB, 728x993
>>2463272

Neck is is too bottom heavy, if you want her to have visible traps, make them wider, sloping more gently, visibly separate from sternocleidomastoids. Genrallly females don't have much muscle volume up there.

Hands are too small and they're all kinds of wrong (they're very complex forms, so don't worry, it's normal to struggle with them). They look like they switched places.

Boobs on a young woman will usually point a bit higher. Considering the bunched up cleavage they're in a bra, so they ought to look more spherical, like they're constrained by it. The lower face is too wide, even if heavily stylized. You need to imagine there's a jaw line and therefore a jaw in there. Imagine that thing open wide.

The indents at the insides of the elbows are too pronaunced. Look up brachioradialis, google "forearm muscles". Or beter yet, download this:

http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=D674505CB9043B5DA837461471118D6D

This should be simple enough for starters. You should work yourself up to Villpu videos on anatomy eventually, tho.

It's hard to tell anything more, since you didn't further define the shapes via shading.

PS Oops, I didn't read you right. The 1st body is better, However left shoulder is out of perspective, should be placed behind the body more. Right forearm is bulging where it shouldnt. Hands too small (imagine your drawing facepalming). Breasts should trail off into the armpits along the pectorals a bit, not cut off. Bottom of the ribcage should be somewhat visible on a low body fat person. The torso should "break" a bit under the left breast. Abdominals should get a line or two of definition. Lower the underbelly. The pelvis as it is now does not exist. It's a complicated structure and obliques work a lot differently on a woman (their asses also slope more), so it's hard to internalize. Look up the book above. Focus on the outer front hip, where pelvis bone srufaces and ab and leg muscles attatch to. Tail should be attatched higher.
>>
File: 7.png (254 KB, 512x700) Image search: [Google]
7.png
254 KB, 512x700
is it me or it's just the shitty photoshop brush for line arts?

any critic apreciated
>>
>>2463331
is it just me or does her hair and forehead keeps getting taller and taller every single time?
>>
>>2463331
>>2463342

The forehead is actually alright if a bit large but that goofy hair just makes her head look more like an eiffel tower. The hair doesn't look all that good either.
>>
>>2463342
thx will take care of that
>>
File: kys nigger lover.jpg (3 KB, 94x97) Image search: [Google]
kys nigger lover.jpg
3 KB, 94x97
>>2463178
Thats a nice drawing
>>
File: fish_hz.png (2 MB, 1700x1020) Image search: [Google]
fish_hz.png
2 MB, 1700x1020
>>
>>2463279
It took me about 1 hour, complex stuff takes a lot more time, so I guess its a doodle xD
>>
>>2463407
I know right I could probably do that in less than 20 minutes XD
>>
>>2463409
:ooo 20 min
>>
>>2463407
>>2463409
>>2463434

>>>/dA/
>>
File: 1365993081517.png (130 KB, 534x400) Image search: [Google]
1365993081517.png
130 KB, 534x400
>>2463279
>>2463407
>>2463409
>>2463434
>>
>>2463460
we will never get a good thread huh
>>
I love this thread
>>
>>2463469
Y u do this
>>
>>2463331
Use painter.
>>
>>2463485
I told you guys to use trips, but you ain't listening.
>>
>>2462299
Can't stand your style. I want to punch that guy's head until it explodes. Girl on the left is fine but the second one has a retarded bottom lip.

Well don't take it badly, I bothered to comment at least, and pleasing everyone is impossible, so perhaps you're doing something right.
>>
>>2462985
b-blog?
>>
>>2463493
not the artist, but I have to agree

their face design is pretty cringe.
>>
File: fastguy.png (28 KB, 398x395) Image search: [Google]
fastguy.png
28 KB, 398x395
>>2463409
>>
>>2460346
neat
>>2460349
ouch your wrist
>>2460949
common problem of having too much finger in your hand and not enough palm. more construction. Skull too big on top ( not seen from above). Even though you cropped it, its still one foot in one foot rREEEEE
>>
>>2463493
>>2463503
Well, opinions opinions. It's only ever /ic/ who tells me this sorta thing, so I don't mind. Plenty of people have expressed a liking to my art style, and that means potential readers, so that's good enough for me.

You can't please everyone you know, and you shouldn't try to. Make your own brand, and as long as it's true to you, it'll stick with someone always.

This is a general rule of thumb for everything too man. 30% of the people you meet will hate you, 30% will be indifferent, and 30% will love you. Well, if you're being unapologetically yourself and not a people pleaser.

So yeah man, it's alright if you don't like it. There are people out there for example who hate "anime style" simply because of what it is and its stigma, nothing you can do to change that. Different strokes for different folks you know.
>>
>>2463556
Not them but you are right anon, however there are styles where you can argue that they are bad,
as in they bring out characteristics that to most people's brains render as ugly features, your is not that,
i don't like it as in i prefer more anime authentic styles but it's not exactly ugly.
>>
>>2463565
Yeah, I get where he's coming from. I've always prefered anime styles with stronger western features to them. Classic 90s for example is still my favorite.

An era characterized by big noses on characters. Not too much a fan of the noseless style in modern anime, though it does have a certain appeal.

Also, as for the MC, he's meant to have slight bit of a punch-me face since his character is meant to be that of a hipster douche. So if he's evoking that sort of reaction from some people, then the design is doing its job. Ffs, his name is "Chip Masters" that alone should give you an idea of the sort of character he's meant to be. A "trying too hard to be cool" kinda character. But it's done for humorous reasons.
>>
>>2463565
It's not his overal stylization, but some choices he made are simply bad and ruin everything else

That lip or that eyebrows mostly
>>
File: pixlr_20160223150556960.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20160223150556960.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
>>2463571
>lip
But blacks and latinas have big lips, that was intentional. Not only that, but her entire design is inspired by some photos a friend sent me of a friend of his who matched the personality of the character I wrote. Said girl has a noticeable fat lip.

>Eyebrows
James Dean

Some features were exaggerated on purpose to give characterization and personality to the designs. They felt too generic and plain otherwise.

All three characters take design inspiration from real people, whether famous or not. I like basing off my designs from that.
>>
File: xmen.jpg (24 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
xmen.jpg
24 KB, 564x423
>>2462956
Thanks for the input.
FYI I didn't just draw this single image, I've been doing a lot of drawing and conceptualization around it. This was more about seeing if I could draw a figure of a character in a clean way, so I picked one to share.

You say the waist was too thick to be sexy - I was trying to make that part slightly more realistic since I get annoyed by the unrealistic hourglasses that you see in comics, like pic related.

I'm not charging much, and I might not even take the job. I just need the money. These people seem to just want anybody and don't seem to care who, as long as they've met them in person. I met them while working on something else.
>>
File: warmupssss.png (2 MB, 2493x2509) Image search: [Google]
warmupssss.png
2 MB, 2493x2509
lots of good stuff itt
>>
>>2463611
art quality has defintely improved
just look at this masterpiece
>>2463301
just another day of making /ic/ great again
>>
Where is the OP image from?
>>
>>2463652
>>2456608
>>
File: Test.jpg (67 KB, 558x650) Image search: [Google]
Test.jpg
67 KB, 558x650
i'm a bit of a beginner but i've been studying villpu/loomis and can get a decent construction down and im slowly learning human anatomy, but clothing is a bit hard for me. anyone have any tips for big fluffy sweaters? how does the material fold, and how can i think of this intuitively?
>>
>>2463791
Nice. If the artist is reading this, I liked your character and would like to see more.
>>
>>2463915
It doesn't look like you drew the body before starting on the clothes. Draw it naked first.
>>
>>2463915
Bridgman has a whole book section on this in Drawing from Life, Don't feel like repeating it because it becomes obvious very fast.
>>
>>2463930
i see what you mean. i didn't actually draw the body beforehand, i just had a rough little pose that i went off of that when i just checked was really different than what I ended with.

>>2463933
i will look at this, thanks.
>>
>>2463915

I just finished torrenting the Michael Hampton Figure Drawing 2 course. First week seems to cover drapery so I'll see if I can upload it to mega later.
>>
>>2463915
>>2463957

see

>>2463986
>>
>>2462106
but you're not
>>
>>2461478
... Oh, so you just traced over that portrait.
>>
>>2462314
They lack jaws.
Like, everyone has a weak as fuck chin, there's no bone protruding, just a round egg-ish shape, also the smug pose makes it all worse.
>>
File: Screenshot_10 (1).png (296 KB, 1044x822) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_10 (1).png
296 KB, 1044x822
i don't really draw girls with bobbies. they feel off somehow. anyone wanna point me in the right direction?
>>
>>2464012
I don't think you know what tracing means. They don't line up in the slightest.

Copied? Yes. But copying from ref isn't a crime and is totally fine. Especially since it's just for concept.
>>
>>2463953
It's always a good idea to draw at least a skeleton underneath the clothes to get a general idea for the proportions and muscles. Especially for more complex poses.

>>2464015
This is weak bait man. I hope you're not being serious. If so, then you need to study more to understand that there are different head shapes and diversify the way you draw beyond generic art 101 stuff. The jawlines and cheekbones are clearly evident.

You're either being excessively nitpicky, or baiting.

They look perfectly fine. The only thing I agree with is that he should landmark the cheekbone with hatching.

Also, just curious, but are you the guy who posted this >>2461432

>>2464181
Bags of sand. They connect at the upper chest and come down like tear drops. They gotta have weight to them. Draw a slight sphere at the base of the breast, and "pull up" to where they attach. I'll post a couple tutorials when I have access to my comp and images.

>>2464218
He's just baiting, ignore him.
>>
>>2463609
For a second there I thought you drew thst Rouge. Still though,
>muh dick

Nothing quite like the best X-girl

Anyway, when it comes to superheroes, realize that both genders are meant to be idealized figures with perfect, or beyond perfect body types and proportions, since they take after the Olympians (especially the DC heroes). They're basically a modern variant on Greek Mythology.

Thus, since they're taking after Gods, perfectly thin waists, large breasts, muscular bodies, impossibly toned figures, etc... this is not just intentional, but a trademark of what a superhero is meant to be.

Changing it would me like making Heracles or Aphrodite less than perfect in figure and form.

If you want the source inspiration for how to draw heroes, then look no further than Michelangelo.

Best of luck man.
>>
When the fuck did alt threads became a psuedo beginner thread.
>>
File: resized.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
resized.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>2460258
trying to make it look weird but pleasing at the same time is hard
>>
>>2464285
Ever since the trolls and jealousfags warded off all the talented artists.

>>2464286
I like it!
>>
>>2464297
not gonna lie. After nothing but refs I've attempted my own designs and they lean towards the alternative side (well they're not fuckign concept art that's for sure)

But I'm not very inclined to post it here. Or any other thread here. And I blame it on the atmosphere. It's obviously beginner but also very cringe, and I just feel shitty if I put it up here next to some of the really good stuff.

t. blogger
>>
>>2464286
i dig it
>>
File: 1459327976770.jpg (86 KB, 1440x1133) Image search: [Google]
1459327976770.jpg
86 KB, 1440x1133
>>
>>2464304
Post it on the beginner thread if you'd like and I'll give you a crit. But yeah, the atmosphere here has gotten pretty awful. That's why I've stuck to using a trip for crits, that way people can tie my feedback to previous posts, and I'm also trying to change things a little by setting an example.

In truth though, I've noticed it's just a couple of jealous shitposting retards who like to come here at around the same times, and tear people down to make them feel bad.

The psychology behind it is very simple actually. The only reason they feel jealous is cause they spend most of their time shitposting rather than getting gud, so when they see someone who is considerably better, they feel the need to tear them down in order to validate themselves. You see, if you're drawing and dedicating time to getting better, seeing someone better than you should be inspiring, like, a reminder of where you're headed with your hard work. However, if you're wasting your time and stagnating, then it's only a reminder of your own failures.

That's why you see a lot of "you'll never make it" and "no matter how much you draw," because it's a, projection of their own insecurities. Also, they always give the same tired newbie advice, and memespout loomis, because their artistic level doesn't allow them to see beyond beginner traits and analyze simple targets, that may or may not be off.

So yeah, in short, you got a lot of non-drawing amateurs tearing down the work of people actually working hard. You've only really got like 6 good artists ITT, and only 3 ever seem to give crits occasionally.

It's great that people try and crit each other and push each other to higher levels. But it becomes a problem when the non-drawing fags use it as an excuse to tear people down and discourage them.
>>
In short, pay close attention to the kind of crit of receiving, /ic/ can be very hit or miss. But if I can at least convince the rest of the talented guys to crit under a trip, then at least we could have a level of established quality in this board.
>>
File: sai_2016-03-30_05-00-30.png (162 KB, 345x732) Image search: [Google]
sai_2016-03-30_05-00-30.png
162 KB, 345x732
>>2464304
got to rejoice in the h8 m8!
>>
>>2464342
Dude, I need your blog already.
>>
>>2464362
>talent
You keep using that word, why?
>>
>>2463373
Is it bad?
>>
>>2463576
you still believe the problem is with thick eyebrows or big lips when the problem is with the drawing you did to communicate these

not gonna reply you again

>>2464362
will start using this trip from now on
>>
File: sinder.jpg (386 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
sinder.jpg
386 KB, 1536x2048
hey id like some critique back on this illistration
its still an unfinished illistration, but please tell me what you think still should be done

Media - Watercolour
>>
>>2464383
Talent=hard work
People who work hard are talented. People who don't work, just get salty.

It's easier than saying "good" I suppose, since it also accounts for potential.
>>
>>2464394
>illistration
>>2464395
I disagree, some people are just really bad at this stuff. And anyone above like 35 is fucked when it comes to learning in most cases.
>>
>>2464394
personally i think it's beyond help at this point. it's up to you if you wanna finish it or scrap it and make a new one

but if you wanna do the latter, i suggest you to learn anatomy and values first. right now it doesn't make sense at all. you're using shadows and highlights seemingly at random. the thumbnail looks like a clusterfuck, it just doesn't read well at all

i hate to say this but yeah, you need to check the beginner thread anon. you haven't grasp enough of the basics to start stylizing
>>
>>2464395
Skill is developed over time. Talent is what you're born with.
>>
>>2464398
It's just hours in hours out, well, quality hours. Yeah, there are some people who are naturally gifted at this, but even they have to put in the hours. Nobody is above the process.

Also, what does any of this have anything to do with my previous point. It just sounds like you're trying to justify the "you'll never make it" meme. Honest, it's the people who spout that who have no chance, since they have the wrong attitude about all this.
>>
>>2464404
see i cant accept this comment as anything other than bullshit.

Anatomically this is correct. if not please outline where it should be corrected and how.

were talking the lighting. well for 1 we are talking an unfinished peice, and another were talking a heavily detailed peice with diferant levels of lighting. so its near enough impossable to predict a source of light.

and Just scrap it. na i wouldnt personally advise that from you.
if you are above me in art please provide your own as some kind of proof your not full of shit
>>
>>2464404
and are you for real.
Its bad because the thumbnails bad.. the thumbnail is an 2% ratio of the original. it wasnt draw in the hopes it would be appealing as a 30 x 30 pixle image.
So again. unjust crit
>>
>>2464410
He was a dickhead with his comment and how he worded it, but he's right about the anatomy and lack of shadows on her skin. Her face also looks flat because it lacks volume.

Don't scrap it. But do head over to the beginner thread and grind out a few refs. Come back to it after a year and you'll notice all the mistakes yourself.

As far as the piece itself, it's pretty much done. It's very amateurish, but it shows potential if you're willing to put in the work to git gud.
>>
>>2462299
The facial features look flat and placed too low on their skulls. I know you'll continue justifying it, but multiple people pointing this out should indicate something.
>>
>>2460856
Pretty sure they meant "harmonic." The local color is the "real" color, i.e. the color without taking any lighting into account. Now as for what they're telling you to do... ionno. Something about how the colors don't go together very well.
>>
>>2464410
> its near enough impossable to predict a source of light

You should always determine your light source before you start any shading or coloring process.

I'm not that guy, and what I see here is a lack of understand of how cloth works. You've creatively stylized it, but it lacks form and thought. If you put as much logic into the dress folds as you did the thorny shit in the background, this piece would be much better.

As far as the anatomy goes, there's not a lot to speak of, seeing as you've covered it all up with this wacky dress. The boot looks like a huge sock being held onto her foot with three belts.

All that aside, I like the way you've drawn her face.
>>
>>2464395
That's not the meaning of the word talent.
>>2464405
this
>>
>>2462511
This is simple but I like it anon
>>
>>2464433
I know it's not the meaning of the word talent. But that's what I was referring to when I said talent. Context anon. Stop losing your britches over semantics.
>>
>>2464444
Not him but don't go putting your own definition on a word like your some kind of art philosopher. Thanks for using a trip so I can filter one of you pretend know-it-alls.
>>
File: Reika pin.jpg (412 KB, 1128x2987) Image search: [Google]
Reika pin.jpg
412 KB, 1128x2987
Lineart
>>
>>2464453
Line work is nice imo, anatomy not so much. I dig the eyes, but thats about it.

Maybe study up on anatomy and how to stylize. Research how certain body parts can look appealing; through stylization.
>>
>>2463915
Looking past its faults, I really like this sketch.
>>2464342
love it!
>>
>>2464453
It looks so bizarre that pseudo animu face with that detailed realistic body...
I'm sorry but I cannot dig it, resize the body as a whole, it looks too disproportionated for that huge head and that hairdo
>>
How do I stop making these kind of lineart?
Everything looks bland.
>>
File: main.png (274 KB, 770x560) Image search: [Google]
main.png
274 KB, 770x560
>>2464502
>>
>>2464453

Your heads are always messed up and I can't begin to tell you why. It's not just the proportions it looks flat as hell like it's not really reflecting the angle you intended. Go grind some portraits and come back.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 103

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.