[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art Career Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: lucraredigitala1.jpg (1 MB, 1200x888) Image search: [Google]
lucraredigitala1.jpg
1 MB, 1200x888
Hey guys, any of you has had experience in the game/animation/movie industry as an artist? Or even as a freelance artist?
I still have 2-3 years until I finish high school, but I'm very concerned about what it takes to have a future career in those fields.
-Could you name 10 pros and cons on working in those industries?
-What qualifications are suited for them?
- How do you see the industry in 10 years?how about 20 years?

Thanks so much in advance, and I am aware that this post might be more suited to the advice board that this board, but i really hope that the right people will see it easier here, since this is an art related board. :)

p.s: pic is related, it's a drawing i did a while ago
>>
>>2460012
> not gonna list all that shit.
> Entering mainstream companies is a combination of 3 things, skill, visibility, luck.

>You can't enter any jobs without any quality work.
>You have to make sure you are always updated and is active in social medias to promote your work so you can get friends and contacts.

> you gotta be in the right place at the right time to cease the opportunity.

> pretty much the same, most likely it'll be oversaturated so the prices will go down significantly to starting artists while those well knowns will most likely stay afloat and the other veterans will probably leave the industry as a whole or gotten used to the busy lifestyle.
>>
Go to maps.google.com right now, search the term "atelier" and see if there's one near you and consider taking a few basic classes. It's about what you can do moreso than where you went to school, and to that end there's no sense in not getting the jump on your formal education; with the right teacher you could get good enough to get a substantial markdown on tuition if you do end up deciding to go to a college.
>>
File: Stephen Silver - Get Good.jpg (137 KB, 484x623) Image search: [Google]
Stephen Silver - Get Good.jpg
137 KB, 484x623
>>2460024
Also, pretty much everything >>2460023 said is topical and true, because you're so young though I just figured I'd try and butt in to send you in the right direction if you're really ambitious to work in an art related field.
>>
Draw every second of every minute you have. Get REALLY good first, then consider trying to live off of it.

If you think you're drawing too much, or don't like doing it that much, you likely don't have the personal initiative to make it work right now. Remember that you don't have to live *just* off of professional work to be an artist/have a good time getting good. Plan on having to take another line of work to get by, while you do art on the side.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.