[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to assert a price tag for oil paintings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160326.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160326.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4208
Today I went to an antique dealer's house with my dad and his rich friend. The buyer wanted to decorate his house with paintings and I was brought in because my dad thought I have some eyes for good painting. The old guy told us that the painter was some kind of famous guy and honestly I didn't buy that so obviously I googled it. It turned out to be the painting of a well known Spanish filmmaker. His still lifes are over saturated neon green and red. And they got that gross oily look.

Obviously do you think that this is aesthetically good? Or is it the historical value of it? Arms look all disjointed for me and the edges are blurry. Dunno if it's intended to be a "kitschy style" or not... But I suppose normies don't see it so it is? Since I didn't want to be discourteous I didn't say a thing.

WTF is going on the collector's scene anyway? Is this a new Emperor's Clothes thing? What is this, a new scam plot?

BTW the old dealer had a rare Kandinsky sketch.
>>
Btw he paid 1500$ for it and it was considered to be a bargain.
>>
It looks kitsch as fuck. It wouldn't look out of place in a cruise-ship or hotel desu.
>>
>>2459134
Looks like it would have been worth 1500 if the artist spent 2000 dollars on materials. :^)
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.