[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never draw because I'm shit >shit because I never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
>never draw because I'm shit
>shit because I never draw

What do, /ic/? I used to have so much fun drawing, but lately all I can ever think about when I try to draw is how bad I am at it. The learning materials I've tried don't tend to work for me, including Loomis. How can I get past hating myself so I can put in the work to git gud?
>>
Are you aiming for professional work? If not, find another hobby, one that don't make you sad.
>>
>>2459067
Stop trying to draw complex things.
>>
>>2459067
the point of being an artist isn't to git gud

the point is to keep drawing until your arm falls off or you get old and die

SO DRAW BOI, DO IT UNTIL YOU GIT GUD AND ACQUIRE AN INCOME
>>
>>2459070
Not OP, but all hobbies which are useful in life make me sad. That is if you can consider going to the gym or programming a hobby, I do the latter for a living though(but it did start out as a hobby.)
>>
Get over your sore ego and draw anyway - nobody's good at it right away. It takes years.

Draw every day, keep your old art, and compare after a few months. Unless you're severely fucking around you will see improvement, I guarantee it. In my experience it took me about six months or so to reach a level where I was actually starting to feel happy with stuff I was drawing.

You need to have patience - this goes especially for using materials/books like Loomis. Lots of people go in expecting to take two or three days, absorb everything they need and suddenly be gud. The reality is your stuff will still look like garbage for a bit even after you understand the concept, but once you understand the concept you can refine it. So focus on that. Know what the materials are trying to teach you and make sure you understand it and can apply it, don't worry so much about it looking awesome out of the box.
>>
>>2459161

that's weird, I recently hit around 6 months of drawing and feel like I had a major breakthrough, and I'm having more fun drawing than I ever have before doing my best work yet. It's a great feeling. I also just started drawing outside, buildings and bridges and cars and shit, which adds another fun element to it that I never new could be so exhilarating, once I got over the anxiety of being seen doing art in public.

>>2459067

desu op you've just got to keep drawing. I know it seems like you won't improve but if you just do it you will, keeping in mind the lessons you've learned from your books. I'm not always in the mood but once I start I get into it.

Maybe try different mediums or change your environment. Quit drawing from photo references and go outside. Draw animals, draw you family, draw something you thought you never wanted to draw.
>>
same here anon, you dont need to force yourself to draw until you get bored, that is worst than not doing anything at all.

take a break, go to the gym, practice another hobbie, eat better, play videogames, etc.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.