[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come all the criminal face sketches always look like shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Zodiac_blog_2100x147.jpg (25 KB, 306x450) Image search: [Google]
Zodiac_blog_2100x147.jpg
25 KB, 306x450
how come all the criminal face sketches always look like shit?
>>
Probably because if you're a professional artist, you don't work as a police sketch artist.
>>
>>2457835
The cop that draws the best is the sketch artist right? I know they don't hire extra guys for this.
>>
>signing your 6th grade work
>>
>>2457833
that guy needs loomis bad
>>
>>2457833
that's a pretty good ted cruz drawing
>>
>>2457892
I don't get this meme. He doesn't look like that at all.
>>
Can't use references.
>>
>>2457833
You usually have to draw from a witness explaining how the person looks from there memory, most witnesses are pretty shit at recalling shit, and this >>2457950

>>2457885
I'd imagine they sign it for record purposes, as opposed to signing it to inflate your ego
>>
>>2457954
the drawing is quite vague, since it's based on a person's memories, which might have went throw a traumatizing event on top of that, BUT THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE. if you put too much detail into it, it might drive it away from the looks of the suspect

that being said, you can't say based on OP pic, that the dude isn't a beginner, he's stuff got goodish proportions, but that's all (the single most important think I imagine when it comes to the nature of the drawing)

what's over "case: bla bla bla" it's definality not for record purpose
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.