[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread about writing, and calligraphy maybe? I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1454718788774.jpg (379 KB, 736x3219) Image search: [Google]
1454718788774.jpg
379 KB, 736x3219
Can we have a thread about writing, and calligraphy maybe?

I'd like to perfect my handwriting. Or first to get it good because it is really messy.

Is a brush pen usable for daily writing?
>>
File: faggot.jpg (107 KB, 442x298) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
107 KB, 442x298
i don't have anything to contribute, just don't want this thread to die.
>>
>>2457550
>Is a brush pen usable for daily writing?
No.

Try Ames' Guide to Self-Instruction or Rosemary Sassoon's Improve Your Handwriting. Do the exercises and practice the letter forms until you're comfortable with your consistency, but more importantly just write a lot and be conscious of /how/ you're writing. Aim for consistency, mind your mistakes and take the time to correct them; if you notice you're getting a certain letter different all the time go back and practice it. If you don't have anything to write just take more notes as you study / read books / etc. Write down important passages or song lyrics or whatever the fuck you're into, copy those over a few times, buy a new pen to encourage yourself to write more often, etc.
>>
>>2458204
Thanks man.
>>
>>2457550
Try something that's actually designed for writing. Most pens and thin markers work fine. Try out some calligraphy pens if you want to get fancy.
>>
i still don't have much to post, so i'm just gonna go find some calligraphy shit okay?
>>
sort of relevant
super cool tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSyQDu49pI
>>
alright so if you wanna improve your handwriting ig the best thing to do is to just write a TON.
write pages and pages of whatever you like
try to avoid getting sloppy, if you see yourself getting sloppy correct it
try to avoid taking breaks. you might find yourself getting carried away on one. but don't overwork yourself either.
also try new shapes, try to mimic a writing style that you admire.
that's the most i can offer.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.