[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How i learn to draw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: URM2NGk.jpg (172 KB, 1024x707) Image search: [Google]
URM2NGk.jpg
172 KB, 1024x707
How i learn to draw?
>>
>>2455895
You can't learn it. You are born with it.
>>
>>2455913
I dont believe in magic,
>>
>>2455895
Loomis
>>
>>2455895
Remember that you draw with your head nor your hands. When you practice put your thought into it. Analise everything, always observe, drawing from nature is 90% observing the object and the other 10% is actually drawing it. Learn perspective first and foremost (I suggest "Perspective made easy"), when drawing start from basic shapes and then gradually add more details.
>>
>>2455945
TY
>>
File: whoops.jpg (26 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
whoops.jpg
26 KB, 320x240
>>2455945
>draw with your head

I tried to follow your advice. It hurts.
>>
>>2455957
I might add that learning basic human proportions is also a must.
>>
>>2455958
Endure it.
>>
>>2455895
iterative drawing or loomis pick your poison
>>
>>2455976
>sorry but what is loomis?
>>
>>2455979
R.T.S.
>>
>>2455981
OK, so what is R.T.S.
>>
>>2455983
rape the swedish
>>
>>2455983
Real time spark
>>
can i learn to draw w/ a wacom and loomis u fucks
>>
>>2456279
Loomis is an artist that helps with anatomy of humans (from what I've gathered) and no, not really. You can easily translate physical to digital, but going from digital to traditional is very difficult, especially for a newfag.
>>
File: stjude_logo.jpg (49 KB, 621x496) Image search: [Google]
stjude_logo.jpg
49 KB, 621x496
Every one who thinks you are born with any skill must obviously have cancer. To forget how to learn? There is no point in learning at all XD
>>
Install Loomis
>>
Be miserable and hate everything you do... Learn to loomis faggot.
>>
>>2455895
Loomis and constant practice.
>>
What Loomis does it means ??
>>
>>2456644
It's the nickname of the person who made this.

You should read and memorize this book from cover to cover.
>>
>>2456603
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Loomis, is in fact, fundamentals, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, fundamentals of drawing. Loomis is not an fundamental unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning drawing system made useful by the pencils, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by FUN WITH A PENCIL.
Many artists run a modified version of the fundamental system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of fundamentals which are widely used today is often called “Loomis”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the fundamental system, developed by the real world. There really is a Loomis, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Loomis is the kernel: the fundamentals in the style that allocates the artist’s resources that he uses in drawing. The fundamentals are an essential part of an drawing style, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete syle. Loomis is normally used in combination with personal stylistic choses: the whole system is basically fundamentals with style added, or personal drawing style. All the so-called “Loomis” distributions are really distributions of fundamentals.
>>
>>2456668
damn, so close to 6666
also style tipo, not syle
>>
>>2455913
/thread
>>
>>2455945
>Analize everything
This. Sharpie in pooper.
>>
>>2455895
Is the left forearm fucked up? Seems its not oriented flat like hand is, fore arm is rotated 90 degrees the wrong way?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.