[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art College Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: df0ffef57da918b440ed1e158b1cb9.jpg (855 KB, 1945x1629) Image search: [Google]
df0ffef57da918b440ed1e158b1cb9.jpg
855 KB, 1945x1629
Anyone at/been to Academy of Arts University. Thinking of applying next year but I'm on the fence about it currently. Also I'm from the UK and haven't got a clue how university really works in America. Also general Art College discussion thread. Where do/did you study and what was it like?
>>
i attended couple of their online classes, pretty good especially their fundamentals to drawing.
>>
>>2455915
They have some very specific classes. It's better than taking a more broad degree and studying a load of stuff that is never going to be any use to you
>>
Would something like that not be much more expensive than going to a European/UK art school? (If it works the same way unis do)
>>
>>2455862
is there a specific reason why you want to study university here in the US? while AAU is one of the cheaper art schools I'm sure you'd still save a lot more staying in the UK.
>>
>>2456663
I'm from Northern Ireland and the animation industry does not exist over here at all. Internships and career opportunities for animation and film are just better over in the US
>>
>>2455862
I'm a senior at AAU, you can ask me anything. I'm studying visual development.

Also I'm an international student from Europe.
>>
>>2458012
cartoon saloon. internationally recognized studio.

for anyone who has ever wanted to attend art college but wasn't sure if the one they want to go to is any good, i would recommend contacting artists who go to that school. contact ones whos work you like and preferably contact ones who are in their third or fourth year. they will have the most perspective and will probably have the least amount of bias. i've noticed a trend in people who are in their first year of art school to be very happy just to be there and don't have the ability to be rational about the quality of their education. there is an advantage of contacting people who are in their first or second year as well too, since programs are likely to be continuously growing and evolving with the creation of new technologies/what have you.

also make sure to contact people who are in the specific program(s) you want to go into. the teachers, facilities and general quality of education can vary greatly from program to program even in the same school.

anyways hope that helps
>>
UNL BFA graduate here. Working indepently, getting a website, getting shows. Applying for MFA in a year.

Ask me anything, a convo.

From my current understanding, you should apply to lesser schools and good schools. Take money (grants/teacherships/scholarships) where you can get it. Don't drown yourself in debt.
>>
Don't go to art college in the US, You pay more in a year there than you would for your entire degree in a European country.
>>
I'm in the UK right now, go to Leeds College of Art. Best decision ever imo. Do an animation BA, in first year. It's great.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.