[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you drink while drawing? Over the years I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 14
File: whiskey2_1024x1024.jpg (165 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
whiskey2_1024x1024.jpg
165 KB, 1024x683
Do any of you drink while drawing?

Over the years I've picked up a habit of always having a glass of single-malt on my desk whenever I work. It helps me cope with boredom and being alone in front of my monitor all day and I dare say It helps me be more creative and decisive. I enjoy the habit and the few advantages, that come with it, but I also realize my work might suffer a little and yet I have no intention to stop. As Churchill said: "I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me." I wonder if I'm alone with this.
>>
>>2454152
drinking is a disgusting vice for weak people
>>
I'm interested in the subject aswell. I smoke joints and paint in photoshop. Usually I get the same advantages like you in the OP described..
>>
>>2454162
sorry i already have enough addiction issues, i am wary of starting new ones. they are hard as fuck to over come.
>>
I find chewing gum helpful for a huge stint concentrating in front of a screen. If I had a drink I'd end up trying to hold it and use that hand at the same time, and probably spill shit all over my keyboard
>>
>>2454165
I tried that as well and while it's fun to paint high it just dulls my edge too much. Especially proportions become hard to judge. I don't seem to have that with alcohol.
Either way, a joint after a hard working day is pure bliss to me and part of my way of life - but not my working life.
>>
File: 2016-03-24 02.36.54.jpg (97 KB, 540x959) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-24 02.36.54.jpg
97 KB, 540x959
I'm drinking beer after study it's bad habit
>>
>>2454162
shitposting is a glorious virtue for superior people
>>
>>2454193
>Budweiser
Why would you drink that pisswater when you have Hoegaarden?
>>
File: 002.jpg (153 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
153 KB, 640x480
A lot of great artists (visual or otherwise) are notorious drinkers.
>>
File: 001.jpg (174 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
174 KB, 640x480
>>2454230
Djurdjevic advocated drinking heavily if you're experiencing artist's blocks. Some of his greatest apparently came to him while out with friends.
>>
File: 003.jpg (201 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
201 KB, 640x480
>>2454232
*greatest ideas
>>
I only drink coffee and water most of the time, alcohol is for when I'm out with friends.
>>
>>2454234
>>2454232
>>2454230
>>
Sometimes after a few beers and cigs I really get into the zone of drawing and I quite enjoy it

I definitely have a "drunk drawing" symptom which is on level with drunk texting.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (25 KB, 458x360) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
25 KB, 458x360
Ah the old good drugs thread of /ic/, let me enlighten you:

>Alcohol will make you draw better and more loosely, without fear, great for drawing when you feel stiff and don't know where to start
>Weed willbmake you draw worse BUT paint much better, and will make you focus more easily, great for painting when you're already a couple hours into the piece
>Shrooms (up to 1g) will make your compositional skills skyrocket, you will feel like the painting is painting itself and you're just there giving it what it wants, great for starting a painting

That being said, alcohol will give you cancer, so don't drink more than a beer, weed is mostly fine but will make you only want to paint when high, and shrooms are fine, literally healthier than coffee.

Don't know about other drugs because I've never applied them to drawing or haven't tried them or don't have an effect on me like coffee or salvia leaves.
>>
>>2454299
one beer isn't nearly enough to give me a buzz tho
what do
>>
>>2454304
get cancer

no fucks given

artists gotta art
>>
File: tumblr_nh1w3xw68C1rse8xmo1_500.jpg (144 KB, 450x580) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh1w3xw68C1rse8xmo1_500.jpg
144 KB, 450x580
>>2454152
>Having to use drugs to git gud
>You must really suck then
>ISHYGDDT
>what is this 2011?
>>
File: 145148765464.jpg (1003 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
145148765464.jpg
1003 KB, 4500x4334
>Finished art school
>Now I just git gud at home with Loomis and shit
>Barely see my classmates anymore so finding weed is almost impossible (they were all stoners)
>Only smoke once a week now if I'm lucky
>Weed still not legal in my country so I just can't go to Walmart and buy it

JUST

>>2454304

Stop drinking so much for a week to get your tolerance back, then drink ONE beer but those from belgium with like 7-8% alcohol.
>>
File: 1440550619342.png (69 KB, 614x239) Image search: [Google]
1440550619342.png
69 KB, 614x239
>>2454308
I've never drawn while drunk, I just wanted to see if it would make a significant difference.
Don't hit me, senpai.
>>
>>2454187
Proportions are such a bitch if you try to draw on drugs.
>>
I'm too paranoid to drink alcohol or do drugs for I might say things that I will regret.
>>
>>2454346

Depends, Claire does it all the time and she's incredibly good.
>>
>>2454361

>Buy weed
>Wait until you're home alone
>Go to the garden, light the joint
>Smoke and enjoy the sun and the plants
>Get inside
>Paint until nighttime

You won't say anything to anybody, just enjoy
>>
>>2454364
or do things that I will regret
>>
>>2454366

>Oh no I have the munchies! I'll regreat eating 2 extra muffins!
>>
Drugs and Dunning-Kruger go hand in hand. Prove me wrong, retards.

And posting famous artists who do drugs doesn't really substantiate your own advocacy now does it?
>>
>>2454367
more things related to attraction to children and how strong my desires sometimes are
which causes frustration, sadness and needs control
>>
Alcohol is bad, just blaze it faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 891x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 891x670
>>2454377
Maybe you should see a counselor or something... Sounds like you really need to talk about it. You've been in other threads and say the same thing- just don't want you to bottle it all up and end up doing something fucking awful. I'm always afraid that I'll let slip that I was molested as a kid by older, bigger kids and ruin my life but it has yet to happen cause weed doesn't make you talk about shit you'd rather not- that's alcohol and e. You won't do that after a joint trust me but you do need to uh, find an outlet for that problem. Seriously.

Hitting a bowl helps me calm down and not over think stuff, my lines are more confident and can figure out proportions way easier. Don't get as easily frustrated either.
>>
>>2454377
Hello anon, I'm FBI, how are you day? You mentioned a attraction to children yes?
>>
>>2454299
Pot smokers are fucking idiots.
>>
drinking usually helps with that "just do it", usually sober my brain always prevents me from starting a project or anything like that, since alcohol lowers inhibitions i guess that helps

sometimes it makes me want to be drunk all the time, i'd probably be high functioning, too bad i cant afford to drink , i should get a job
>>
>>2454152
How does a friendless loser like myself get weed? I have no idea where to start.
>>
>>2461354
A friend of mine showed me an app called massroots, that's how he got a connect after coming back into town. Good luck, anon
>>
>>2455388
I'd rather just complain on a Taiwanese fishing newspaper board
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.