[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you get those instances when the color looks weird and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images (19).jpg (24 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
24 KB, 460x276
Any of you get those instances when the color looks weird and saturated,all warm and shit on mobile but everything looks perfectly normal on desktops/laptop screens? Any fixes for this or something?
>>
>>2453979

get a 2500$ monitor and calibrate it

if you have an iphone, you should trust your iphone when it comes to colors. apple did an absolutely fantastic job in its color reproduction.
>>
>>2453982

Poor as shit rn all i have is a samsung phone ah but thanks anyway anon I'll keep this in mind if i ever get money
>>
>>2453979

In this case, its likely the phone that is displaying the correct colours, let me try and explain. There are two types of panel that all LCD screens can use (phone screens, monitors etc) and those are either a TN panel or an IPS panel.

TN panels were and still are the most common when it comes to desktop/laptop monitors, but they are very outdated and slowly becoming obsolete. Even on modern TN panels the colour reproduction is too cold and inconsistent, and they have terrible viewing angles both up/down and left/right.

IPS panels on the other hand have been a standard for mobile phones for pretty much a decade, or any monitor built specifically for image editing or colour work. They have far better colour reproduction and huge viewing angles. look at the Imac screens, or any modern smartphone and you'll see.

It's only in recent years that IPS panels have started seeing a lot more usage in desktop monitors and laptop screens. They were stupid expensive a few years ago but you can pick up a lot of entry level IPS displays for around 150-300$ that are really popular with digital painters. Just google ips monitor, there's loads :P
>>
>>2457557
>They were stupid expensive a few years ago but you can pick up a lot of entry level IPS displays for around 150-300$ that are really popular with digital painters. Just google ips monitor, there's loads :P

I came to this conclusion a few years ago. Believe me anons a cheap IPS is not to be trusted.
>>
>>2457620
Cheap IPS panels aren't as bad as described in the OP. You just need to calibrate it properly and it will look decent enough you can guess how it will look on a phone.
>>
>>2453986
samsung tends to saturate the colors a bit because market shares have proven that people like bright screens. What makes something seem brighter? Well pumping up the saturation helps. It does that with tvs too. Because if you have an array of tvs you'll be attracted by the one that pops out from the rest. The saturated one. So if it's just a bit more saturated. Don't worry about it.
>>
My tablet can't display highly saturated colors for shit. It's frustrating.
>>
I have some 2500K track lights set up for viewing my work before shipping. Looks fucking great and extremely close to what you get in gallery.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.