[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any programs or forums out there that can force me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1458670005817.jpg (27 KB, 310x346) Image search: [Google]
1458670005817.jpg
27 KB, 310x346
Are there any programs or forums out there that can force me to draw in a productive way?
I wasted my money on Watts Atelier only to find out it takes fucking forever for them to grade assignments and the forum is no help.
>>
If you need someone else to motivate you then you'll never gonna make it.
>>
>>2452749
"I should read Loomis so I can get this assignment done the best I can" is a lot better than "I should read Loomis until I hopefully can draw good"
>>
>>2452721
>he fell for the watts atelier meme
>>
>>2452749
Not true. Lots of people make it because they get pushed hard by their peers. Social pressure is very effective way to motivate our monkey brains. But if you're not a fucking monkey and you realize that you're going to die and none of the internet browsing or the video games could have shown your full potential. Then show some self control and pursue your dreams.
>>
>>2452763
I'm not saying you need to read alotta books or follow loomis just to git gud, anon. What I mean is if you are having problem forcing yourself to rely to others just to motivate yourself to draw.

I remember this instance with one of my friends who is so depressed because he can't find someone to criticize his work at CA and he just became depressed. I just told him to compare yourself to your idol and see if you are on par or think critically on what you can improve on your work.

It\s a typical rut that every artists feel every now and then I think. I have that experiences too from time to time but I just to motivate myself to git gud everytime.

>>2452769

I really appreciate your advice anon. :)

Hopefully if OP did the social pressure route, he won't get discouraged if his current peers get ahead of him or he became lax if he gets ahead.
>>
File: snake.jpg (60 KB, 640x441) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
60 KB, 640x441
>he fell for the watts meme
>>
>>2452769
Watts has tons of free motivational videos. He literally explain everything.
>>2452803
>Watts
>meme
OP is just degenerate and lier.
>>
Why are questions like this posted here so often. If you can't study in a productive way, or you lose interest in it, then it's not for you. Find another hobby, and stop being a romantic.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.