[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /ic/. I have something called dysgraphia, which basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: pic1.png (281 KB, 560x601) Image search: [Google]
pic1.png
281 KB, 560x601
Hey, /ic/. I have something called dysgraphia, which basically minds I can't draw for shit. I've always been embarrassed by my handwriting, and when I was in highschool I avoided art class at all costs.
Recently I've been trying to channel some creative energy into a new medium and I'm curious what other people think.
>>
File: Pic2.png (401 KB, 583x426) Image search: [Google]
Pic2.png
401 KB, 583x426
>>
File: pic3.png (300 KB, 592x441) Image search: [Google]
pic3.png
300 KB, 592x441
last one
>>
Well, I like it.
>>
kind of creepy actually...the kind of stuff you'd see kids draw in horror films
>>
>>2450723
That's actually good to here. I think some of the most horrific scenery is everyday life, captured through the eyes of a child.
>>2450722
Thanks, any tips?
>>
File: img073.jpg (354 KB, 1267x1600) Image search: [Google]
img073.jpg
354 KB, 1267x1600
Your stuff so far reminds me a lot of the American artist Bill Traylor. He didn't start drawing until he was 85 so you got a leg up on him time wise, ha.
>>
>>2450740
This is really cool, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>2450714
>dysgraphia
ive never heard of that till now
whats it like? if i may ask

also what >>2450723 said
its got an eerie tone to it
>>
needs more loomis
>>
File: prettygud.jpg (62 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
prettygud.jpg
62 KB, 1920x1080
>>2450714
pretty edgy anon, i actually kinda like it
>>
>>2450759
Very poor fine motor control. The worst part is there is nothing you can do to make it better. I worked with an occupational therapist for 6 years, to no avail.

At this point I am very used to it, it's never been any different. It can be embarrassing and frustrating though when I needed to sign my name or write something and it looks like a first graders print.

>>2450774
Thanks, chief.

>>2450762
What is?
>>
File: 18LYNCH-slide-76IU-jumbo.jpg (105 KB, 1024x688) Image search: [Google]
18LYNCH-slide-76IU-jumbo.jpg
105 KB, 1024x688
>>2450720
Are you trying to draw like David Lynch or is it happening naturally? Either way it looks pretty good.
>>
>>2450776
>poor fine motor skills

Draw BIG then.
>>
i like it. the world really doesnt need loomis #1934834
>>
So don't do things that require fine motor control. Work large and learn how to paint and place values correctly rather than relying on linework and detail, and you'll be better off than most people already.
>>
File: ww1107T.jpg (206 KB, 1000x780) Image search: [Google]
ww1107T.jpg
206 KB, 1000x780
>>2450714
What's stopping you from using a palette knife or some other medium that encourages you to paint loosely?
>>
>>2450714
bullshit, another excuse to not learn fundamentals
>>
yeah well i like it so therefore keep doing what you're doing
>>
>>2450714
Dig it man, love the eeriness of it.

I've always wanted to draw similar things to this but I don't believe I can draw.
>>
>>2450714
Sounds like autism.
>>
>>2450759
basically its dyslexia but for writing and not reading
>>
Creepier than anything made in /x/, if you would draw shadow people that would be pretty sick. Saved them all.

Keep doing you, OP
>>
>>2450776
geez that sound really deprssing, is it the same for sports and driving then?

dont need to worry about shit handwriting though, even normal people have shitty ones so youre already one upping them if yours is legible even with your trouble

maybe try every method you can think of, and post 'em to see which ones work for you best

anyways best of luck
>>
>>2450714
I agree with the others. very eerie! doesn't seem very forced either. just genuine. keep at it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.