[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Few Thoughts I Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: fanart-1395-full.jpg (690 KB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
fanart-1395-full.jpg
690 KB, 1600x899
I'm not good at constructing great posts, so I'm just gonna shoot my questions and hope some are answered. I am writing this from the perspective of someone who is drawing representational art and wants to break into the entertainment art industry.

1.) I don't care about fortune, but I want fame. How can an artist become as famous as possible, aside from having good work? What kind of influential art positions are there? What can artists do aside from producing work to benefit the industry and art in general?

2.) What do you think of pursuing writing as a secondary skill? Writing is my other passion and I love it when both art and writing is combined. Do any of you have an interest in not only writing, aside from art, but using it in conjunction with your art?

3.) What do you think of Illustration in general? A lot of people I talked to who share my art interests want to do concept art, which is cool, but I think Illustration is a lot cooler.

4.) What's the best advice you can give do someone aspiring to create art that doesn't have to do with the usual advice people give (e.g. just keep drawing, fgt). Try.
>>
>>2449119

1) fame is completely unrelated to quality of work, sadly.

4) don't do it, it's a shit career and a waste of time in the long run.
>>
>>2449119
>1.) I don't care about fortune, but I want fame. How can an artist become as famous as possible, aside from having good work? What kind of influential art positions are there? What can artists do aside from producing work to benefit the industry and art in general?
Um, I wanna be a nice person here and assume the best, but that word choice sucks.
Now, to the meat(spin).
So, You wanna be influential. K. You wanna be famous. K.You wanna make comics. K. You like illustrating. K. You want good advice on /ic/. Not K. Luckily, I'm too busy not trying right now to draw, so you get my benevolent advice.
I'mma assume that pic isn't yours.
With that assumption in mind, I'll take a gander and say that you wanna make shit like that. Alright, in that case, I suggest you read Mien Kampf. Or the Bible, or... Really, any public domain book on the web. After that, you get to do something fun. You get to try and illustrate your favorite scene in said book. In doing that, you can work on two things at once. Illustration, and prose. As an aspiring gaijiin mangaka, I can fully appreciate your wanting to illustrate your own books/make comics. Seems reasonable. What you have to do is study. Forget about the outside world. Forget your friends. Forget food, just read and draw. Wherever you go, read and draw. Get books you have no intention of returning, read them, and doodle in the margins (I kinda hate myself for even doing this, but still.) And for the first question? Not happening. How can an artist become as famous as possible? Good marketing and public appeal. What kind of influential art positions are there? Not sure, really. My goals aren't really that lofty, I just like to draw and lie, so stories it is for me. What can artists do aside from producing work to benefit the industry and art in general? Teach. Have children. Take in assistants once you're good enough. Basically, add to the pool of potential employees and freelancers for people to hire. Good luck!
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.