[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How color
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (2 MB, 4550x4230) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
2 MB, 4550x4230
I need helping adding coloring to this picture as quickly as possible. I'm well aware that the line art is kind of crap in a lot of places, I just want to get it done.
Any and all suggestions are welcome, I especially want to get some atmospheric perspective and a bit of depth of field in the background. I have a;ways been terrible with coloring pictures with backgrounds.

Thanks in advance dudes.
>>
Any suggestions?
>>
>>2448610
Atmospheric perspective = make the background lighter than the foreground. Make the colors more blue than the colors in the foreground. And keep less contrast between the tones in the background objects. This is all assuming it is daytime.

You probably should have left more than one day to render your image for the competition. :)
>>
If this is an entry for the contest, don't bother. Contest entries are supposed to be in a landscape orientation for billboard advertising.
>>
>>2448824

Eh it doesnt matter. I'm doing this for myself. I want to finish it regardless.
>>
The pose is sort of strange. Some of the folds on the shirt make it look like she's wearing a crop top. Get rid of some of them they're superfluous. Its painfully obvious that the weapon she's holding has been redrawn at some point. The perspective on the handle and the rest of it are completely different. Moreover, the stock just sort of floats there, doesn't really show any weight or heft.

Dig your style on the smoke clouds.
>>
>>2448803

I didnt even find out about it until 4 days ago. I only drew this as a challenge to myself.
>>
Use the paint bucket
>>
>>2448877
Well good on you then. I started doing it for the money. But didn't get past the thumb nailing stage.
>>
>>2448914

the thing is, even if I had finished this in time the likelihood of me actually winning is not in my favor, so it would be the worst motivation for me to work on anything for it.
>>
>>2448610
blog? :O
>>
>>2449102

I have a tumblr but I rarely update it with art these days, I just post fit girls, weeb shit and funny crap

I'm thinking about starting a real art blog though.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.