[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If that was my progress I'd kill myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
If that was my progress I'd kill myself
>>
>>2447761
post your work.
>>
>>2447761
2013 to 2014 is straigh improvement, what are you talking about?
>>
Why would you make the robot fat? The robot is a robot. She can be as thin as she actually is in the show and it's still realistic. She doesn't have organs. Fuck this shit.
>>
she tried to.
>>
>>2447761

Notice how designed changed between 2014 and 2015 while between 2013 and 2014 it stayed similar.

There might be few reasons for that, one being that OP was taken from fucking tumblr and "fat acceptance" started to be popular back then.
>>
>>2447761
I think she still has the skill from '13/'14, it was just her state of mind was degradeing and her art reflected it.
>>
>>2447783
It only looks better because she copy pasted the majority of the drawing

>check out those arms, hair, and eyes
>>
>>2447765
You first.
>>
File: 1344820625633.jpg (46 KB, 626x571) Image search: [Google]
1344820625633.jpg
46 KB, 626x571
>>2447761
>tfw also increasingly getting more stiff
>>
>>2447812
and legs. They hardly drew half of it...
>>
>>2447786
Tell us more (with citations)
>>
File: ss.png (107 KB, 465x843) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
107 KB, 465x843
>>2447879
Was already posted by someone else, haven't gotten to the hands yet your turn.
>>
>>2447761
they're all decent stylized cartoons, I don't get it.
>>
>>2447904
>can't draw hands post yours
fixed that for you
>>
>>2447917
Both figures on the left have appeal, fluidity, and character but the one on the right is stiff, unappealing, and tumblrized.
>>
>>2447904
>mikufag

Explains why you're salty considering you've made no progress either.
>>
>>2447924
you know you're talking shit when you use words like appeal and tumblrized

let me school you real quick son

first of all, appeal is subjective

second of all, tumblrized isn't a valid argument

the drawings do get a little stiffer as you go from left to right but the biggest difference is that the rendering gets flashier and flashier as you go from left to right.

is it a lot of improvement in two years? maybe not. does it require a thread for sad insecure fucks to complain to give themselves self worth? definitely not
>>
>>2447925
>salty

Am not I wanted to see OP's work to see what kind of artist he is himself also its form imagination can I boast about it and get extra credit like appleflinger yet?
>>
>>2447931
Let me rephrase that, the two figures on the left have more appeal, tumblrized meaning a plus size figure to fit some form of status quo and yes it is definitely stiff.
>>
>>2447938
>the two figures on the left have more appeal,
it's still subjective. the third jenny isn't plus sized by far. this is pointlessly splitting hairs
>>
>>2447761
Still better than 54.5% of /ic/ to be honest
>>
File: CS.png (2 MB, 1768x2880) Image search: [Google]
CS.png
2 MB, 1768x2880
>>2447904
>>
>>2447954
Not OP for the record. I am the person who said "You first", but not OP. I think OP just wanted to shit on that artist and not actually talk about improvement.
>>
File: lighting how do you work.png (96 KB, 207x435) Image search: [Google]
lighting how do you work.png
96 KB, 207x435
>>2447943
it's not splitting hairs. every year the poses become stiffer and more elements are copy/pasted. look at the sad attempt at lighting in 2015 as well.

you can argue whether or not the rendering is an improvement (almost everyone would say it's a step backwards) but the stiffness and copy pasted bullshit is a step backwards. I've seen this posted a lot and it's almost always seen as regression and i agree. i think at best you could call it lateral growth
>>
>>2447761
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=641993&ty=h

What do you guys think of my work?
>>
>>2448018
i saw that thread you started too. do you like know the artist in real life or something? why do you hate some random deviantart with a $0 patreon so much
>>
>>2447761
Honestly I think the first is really good. She loses points because it's basically a stolen style she copied from a show, but regardless if she could draw with that same clarity in different poses/characters she could easily land a job. Somehow I doubt she can however. 14 and 15 are dogshit.
>>
>>2447954
Is this you? Or are you shitting on someone else? If you, I can definitely see improvement. Good experimentation with color styles and stuff. But fuck man. legs don't bend like that.
>>
>>2447902
Search Zamii drama and there you go.
Basically shes an artist who got famous thanks to sticking with what was popular at a time, first was homestuck, then Steven universe, okay so some people didnt really liked how popular she was because of her art being... mediocre at best, so some of them created a nitpick blog to critique her very word and "expose" as the "horrible person" she was and how she didn't deserve all the popularity.
It reached a point where the girl couldn't say anything without being called homophobic, racist, transphobic and such by these people and the tumblrinad who bought into that, but the peak of it all was when she made fanart of Steven universe and made this one fat character sightly skinny, tumblr doxed her, called her racist, fatphobe and other bullshit for almost two years after that, and basically was just, pretty cruel with the girl over that shit. Ok, so one day Zamii posted a ominous post talking about ending everything for good, and two days later she submitted a video apologizing profusely because she had tried to kill herself and was currently at the hospital. Shit exploded and all her haters tried desperately to backpedal, while saying in the same breath "damn bitch should have died" and making fun of her and her family and supporters.
>>
>>2447761
It's not necessarily bad. What I'm guessing is that the beginning was him copying some other artists style, and slowly developing his own through it over the years, hence it strangely going from sharp to rounded.
>>
>>2447896
A simple fix is just to do more gesture drawings, it's a little boring for some but gettin good isn't easy.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.