[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only go through my dA notifications every month or 2 or 3 (unless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: moner liser.jpg (89 KB, 636x716) Image search: [Google]
moner liser.jpg
89 KB, 636x716
I only go through my dA notifications every month or 2 or 3 (unless they're feedback). The last time I went through them, I noticed that the art from quite a few of the artists I used to love started looking just horrible. I'm looking again right now, and a good 60-70% of the artists I'm watching are now putting out art that looks terrible to me, whereas just a few months back I thought they were pretty good or great.

Has this ever happened to you guys? Something similar? Is it because most people start plateauing at a certain point? Is it a symptom of personal art growth? Is it both? Is it something else?
>>
>>2447076
it's you who's getting better so you start noticing stuff and things
>>
You know the answer to all these problems.
>>
>>2447091

i know, but other people might have different takes or personal experiences that are interesting. that's what i'd like to see
>>
Post an example of one of those artists, one of their drawings which you considered good and one of the recent drawings that you consider bad now?
>>
File: riverbank.jpg (119 KB, 1035x771) Image search: [Google]
riverbank.jpg
119 KB, 1035x771
>>2447134

here's something i favorited probably last year or the year before
>>
File: gavirtyfalls.png (882 KB, 1143x569) Image search: [Google]
gavirtyfalls.png
882 KB, 1143x569
>>2447292

and here's a pretty recent pic from said artist, will source them if people are interested
>>
>>2447295

oh just realized the signature in the first one. well, there ya go.
>>
The more you practice, the more you train your technical eye to see the errors in other's work and your own. The more you work at it, you'll start to notice even more errors.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.