[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how did you learn to draw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 33
File: Idrawhorsecockandmymomisproud.png (494 KB, 458x481) Image search: [Google]
Idrawhorsecockandmymomisproud.png
494 KB, 458x481
how did you learn to draw?
>>
>>2445730
Chris Hart's cancerous books. then I went to art school and unlearned that shit.
>>
>>2445730
Ben dunn's HTDM back then.
>>
>>2445820
why are they cancerous?
>>
Someone post the gif of the speedpaint of the OP pic
>>
>>2445730
Copying cartoons from tv.
>>
By drawing everyday for eight years.
>>
Talent :)
>>
File: Pierre Laholoc Portrait.jpg (119 KB, 466x717) Image search: [Google]
Pierre Laholoc Portrait.jpg
119 KB, 466x717
Depends.

Shitty manga books as a tween, practiced a lot in early high school, got that shit smacked out of me when I wanted to go to Ringling, started trying formal, tried Loomis and Nicolaides in mid to late high school—got accepted to Ringling later, but ended up at a Tier 1 state university for financial reasons, took formal life drawing classes where seeing was prioritized...

...and then I got side-tracked and ended up working a lot, and studying economics and graphic design instead, so I haven't properly drawn as much as I'd like in the past three years, so I feel like I've regressed a bit.
>>
>>2445846
This. I liked to copy every cartoon/comic/anime i ever saw on TV. Started by drawing triangles and circles to represent Dragon Ball characters. Doodling characters on school desks and shit.
>>
it was the only thing i was allowed to do in church
>>
>>2445889
xD
>>
File: new thing.png (218 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
new thing.png
218 KB, 1024x768
>>2445730
I still am learning, and I have a long way.
>>
File: disgusting tbh.jpg (46 KB, 367x380) Image search: [Google]
disgusting tbh.jpg
46 KB, 367x380
>>2445889
>>2449137

>go to art school
>people see my work
>call me really talented
>catch someone glaring at me because of it
>tell them I don't believe in talent, but I'm at this level because I work hard
>they give attitude immediately and ask if I think they aren't working as hard and that I'm undermining their effort

literally can't win famalam
>>
>>2445730
certainly not by reading
>>
>>2445820
this is not impressive and that pretentious angled shot with pen triggers me to the point of nausea
when will you outgrow that shit?
>>
>>2445730
Loved Captain Underpants when i was a kid. every drawing i did was in captain underpants style. realized after 10 years (no, im not kidding) that the style was completely shit and i needed to change. went onto deviantfart for half a year learning every possible thing. started off doing animu shit (i hate myself) but moved, shortly after, to developing my own style using things learnt from anime illustrations. Did that for a year but was still pretty shit. have been doing life drawings for the past year thanks to /ic/.
>>
>>2445730

I haven't.. yet. People tell me my horrible studies look nice though.

>>2449222

>Telling plebs the truth

Never do this. If they genuinely was want to get better, they'll come to you for advice.
>>
When i was a little fucker, my parents gave me paper and a pencil whenever i was alone or bored. Never watched tv or owned a console until a long time later. So yeah they just kept me doing doodles. I found the appeal so i kept drawing every single day of my life. I didn't knew what i was doing i just liked. Never went to an art school or something, i kept learning by myself. Now i use internet for tips or references. It was a long way but i enjoyed it.
>>
File: considering.jpg (108 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
considering.jpg
108 KB, 960x1280
>>2449222
Well there's a reason they call you "talented" so they don't need to complain about why they're shittier than you because the less effort they make to "draw better"
>>
draw something everyday
>>
>>2449222
>work my ass off
>Someone calls me talented
>yup, must suck not to have talent
>>
>>2445730
Marc Silvestri and Jim Lee comic books. Drawing my friends characters in RPG's. Constantly doodling. I have stacks of drawing pads full of gesture, poses, and crosshatching.

In the end it was doing all the above for many years till my stuff looked professional.
>>
>>2445730
mmm i've never been much of a drawer in terms of line and such, i'd rather work with shapes/painting. But once i kept a sketchbook devoted to drawing/only using ink, only then did i start to really learn line and it drastically improved my designs.
>>
I've drawing since I was like 8, from shitty 2d battle scenes of pure autism to where I am now almost 20 drawing stuff that is just barely acceptable, I actually didn't start of drawing anime, it was only until my junior year of high school that I started drawing anime stuff which even now is just... kinda bad.
>>
>>2445730
the only way
by drawing
>>
>>2449691
Same as this but then I went to art school and got drunk for four years when I realised drawing isn't important there, became depressed and unable to draw for another two years in self disappointment, and now I've spent a year learning to draw again.
Here's to many more years of drawing!

The most useful thing for me was honestly learning to hold your drawing up to a mirror, or flip the canvas on a pc.
>>
>>2449859
You have the talent to work hard.

I wanted to win an art competition, so I started drawing. I've never won anything, but I like to draw so I've kept on drawing.
>>
>>2445730
by painting a whole lot all the time.
>>
Started out with copying dragon ball z and manga , made drawings with no real from but I had some natural talent so they weren't complete garbage tier.

I started picking up how to draw books and getting better but still shit,

Moved on to learning loomis, learning from my animation life drawing teacher and life drawing my drawings are getting be mediocre,

Now I'm on a proko, watts, scott robertson and anatomy spree. My drawings are starting to get into the good phase and leaving the mediocre phase. Starting to also get decently payed client work too.
>>
File: march-21-2016.jpg (424 KB, 762x900) Image search: [Google]
march-21-2016.jpg
424 KB, 762x900
i woke up like this
>>
>>2445730
>>2449227
>>2451092
>>2451252
this
>>
>>2451390
I can believe that
>>
File: nakey.jpg (19 KB, 960x528) Image search: [Google]
nakey.jpg
19 KB, 960x528
>>2445730
Started when I was nine. Never took a class. Legit just drew one thing every few month and out of nowhere got kinda gud. Now 17 with okay drawing skills, a lot of room for improvement though. Pic related, my drawing, can't find the ref.
>>
I barely fucking learned

I just liked art other people did and tried some myself. I improved too slowly because I kept thinking 'Damn I am fucking good' and not enough of 'Hm this needs work'

I so badly want to say that I'm on the right track now but I'm still catching myself doing it. I don't know why thinking I'm good is so important to me.
>>
>>2445730
The first thing I remember committing to was copying pokemon cards. I used to copy them obsessively non stop. My mom had been an art student so she'd give me how to books here and there. I went on learning from those and how to draw manga books, even some Chris Hart shit and got pretty good by the end of HS. I worked a summer doing caricatures and my coworkers convinced me to take life drawing and I went on to get an AA in fine art. Along the way I was lucky to meet some pro artists who were willing to help me out some and I took a few private classes. Lately I've been learning from Sycra, Ctrlpaint and whatever other online tutorials/books I find.
>>
>>2445730
As a kid I was always attracted to illustrations and art, and I liked to just stare at nicely drawn vidya box art or book covers and wonder how in the fuck artists did that. But whenever I tried to draw something myself, it would turn out horrible and I would be discouraged from drawing more, since I thought it was a magical skill you had to be born with. I wasn't one of those precocious kids who loved drawing for the sake of drawing and only drew if I really had to for an art class in school. I definitely wish I knew at least some of what I know now on how artistic skill is built.

I started drawing regularly in my senior year of high school out of spite. I don't remember exactly why, but I do remember the feeling. Flopped around for a year on my own with some Loomis and studying artists I liked, but didn't really grasp 3-dimensional form until I came across Vilppu's Drawing Manual and watched his lectures. There are still times where I think my drawings look horrible and get discouraged, but at least now it's more of a habit.
>>
>>2453732

I'm so sorrry but this is nothing special at all. Quite bland
>>
>>2456609
Never said it was amazing or anything, just not beginner level. In fact, I specifically stated that I have a lot of room for improvement. But thanks, I guess?
>>
I started drawing when I was a child and took it seriously with 12 - 13 yo, never really readed a book or anything (recently started reading some books), I just drew a lot, made studies of how things work and all that stuff
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1536x2048
I learn to draw be watching YouTube videos, I also read a lot about anatomy and also bought a book. I've been drawing for almost 4 years now and still learn. I did go to art school but didn't learn anything so I quite.
>>
>>2453732
>got kinda gud
You copied a reference, without adding any of yours to it. This pic is basically shit and doesn't tell me anything about your real skill. Show me some of your work from memory and I'll tell you if you really got any good.
>>
I didn't
>>
>>2453732
Rule 2, now please see your way out.
>>
>>2453732
>17
MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
File: dark room feels.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dark room feels.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
I haven't
>>
File: 20160325_170658.jpg (372 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
20160325_170658.jpg
372 KB, 1600x960
>in school, sees girl showing her drawings to every single retarded like a big deal
>get jealous
>starts drawing because of jealously, without references or help
>still drawing for more 12 years
>sees girl again, with drawings that are way superior
>gave up, followed by depression and attempt to suicide
>realize that nobody gives a fuck and every single one in the world is too retarded to understand how painful it is to suck at drawing
>lost all the passion, but still drawing to these days because there is no more fate that will get better and keeps doing it cause there's nothing better to do.

Yeah...I'm a faggot.
Besides, this is my last drawing...I don't want to finish it.
>>
>>2457114
Anon, you're drawing for all the wrong reasons.

Look into yourself and really think about why you keep drawing and if you should stop.
>>
>>2457114
> >still drawing for more 12 years
and you show us this?
>>
>>2457130
Like I said, I have no passion for it because I know how fucking horrible my drawings are and I can't get better, but it's just like a drug, I can't stop doing it. I need to draw something before my hands start shaking from anxiety.
>>
>>2457147
Well what are you exactly drawing that you never improve?
>>
>>2457165
General.
Head, basic body structure, anatomy, age difference, perspective, scenarios, objects, light and shadow, coloring, etc.
I suck at all of them.
>>
>>2457171
...aaand what are you doing to improve?

surely you don't expect the understanding of human anatomy, perspective, and light to suddenly beam into your head, with drawing alone..
>>
>>2456857
Did you just say "readed"?
>>
>>2457171
Maybe try to do stuff from imagination? Just have fun, doodle some dicks or something. Don't take it all so deathly seriously, it's only you that sees it after all. Also if you haven't done it before you could play around with paints if drawing with a pencil gives you frustration. Just to shake things up.
>>
File: 1458480161901.png (539 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1458480161901.png
539 KB, 600x800
>>2457179
I think he fell for shitty advice when he was younger. Someone just told him to practise without saying Squat.

DURR just keep drawing what you see and like, meanwhile let me get back to my anatomy, construction and perspective books that help me better myself in all fields of artistic study.
>>
File: ad_130072400.jpg (58 KB, 748x990) Image search: [Google]
ad_130072400.jpg
58 KB, 748x990
>>2457185
That is terrible advice, you are seriously telling someone who cannot constuct anything with guidedance to use his imagination instead?... way to throw a guy under a car.
>>
File: 1404261748034.jpg (67 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1404261748034.jpg
67 KB, 400x400
>>2457194
>that pic
>>
>>2449228
When you out grow reddit words.

>triggered
>>
>>2457179
I only had a chance to buy a book to learn when I was 15. I started to drawn at 9 years old.
Nowadays, I barely have time to practice because I have to work in a shitty job and study to finish 3rd grade. When I do have time, it barely make any changes studying and searching for references because my head is full of shit from my daily routine to be focused and to remember all of the instructions from the book.
>>
File: tumblr_nu2unx9vqY1tl8yr5o1_1280.png (142 KB, 1042x817) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu2unx9vqY1tl8yr5o1_1280.png
142 KB, 1042x817
>>2457230
Did you read loomis or better yet check out all that the sticky had to offer in terms of advice?
>>
>>2457236
I said, I barely have time to search.
I only discovered about loomis because you said it now and I went to search...
>>
I've been drawing by mainly teaching myself now, sence I've recently started to use 4 chan app I have been learning a lot, started when I was little stopped l, picked it up again though high school now my senior year :P
>>
>>2449222
> Someone tells me I'm great at drawing
> I say thanks and smile
> I secretly can't help but think they have no taste and they can't see how much of a hack I am or they're complimenting me out of pity
>>
>>2457371
there's no way you havent had time in the last 12 years to do a little fucking research
>>
File: 49566375_p0.png (491 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
49566375_p0.png
491 KB, 640x360
mother brought me a art teacher when i was little brat that was 6

i went to apartment with who teaching art when i was 8 i still meet her sometime

when i was 17 i learn design for Admissions
shit, i fucking hated watercolor so much
i was most autistic student in there
instructor was pissed off, because i can't focus and constantly doodling

go to college
fuck that shit

age 22
learning how to draw human and reading hogarth shit i learning where i was study for admissions

pic is that i draw when i was 20
>>
>>2459544
I never searched for realistic style of drawing. I always prefer anime style because it's simple and fast to do, the only thing is I don't have time to sit my ass in a chair to really practice and get better.
I know realism it's one of the most beautiful style, and you guys only love sucking dicks from some classic paintings and another new artist who follows this path, but I'll keep it simple.
Besides, I'm not even gonna bother reading the next answer so, bye!
It was nice to meet you guys :D
>>
>>2453732
>17
>nigger
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>2453739
Anon, I am sorry to tell you this but you have been learning from shit sources all your life and even now listen to dat faggot sycra. You will never git gud.
>>
>>2451390
Reminds me a bit of David Hockney's drawings.
>>
>>2453732
You need to be 18+ to use this site.

Not bad though. Keep practicing.
>>
learned when I finished the school, I had a lot of free time and I started to draw manga character(100% cancer)
and progress slow as fuck,so I tried to draw game characters, animals, faces.
>>
>>2453732

>underage
>black
>really fucking naive

goddamn I feel sorry for you brah
>>
>>2449236
Well senpai, atleast you have a passion for drawing
>>
>>2445820

>those angles

That's cringey as fuck dude. I think looking at this made me worse at drawing. Practice.
>>
>>2453732
Stupid filthy nigger drawing white women because they're the superior race that you can't even acquire. Hey monkey how about instead of telling everyone that you're good even though you're just photocopying you go do something useful like selling drugs or hosting a church fundraiser since that's what all you fucking niggers are good for. Stupid ugly chimpanzee big lips troublemaking thief repulsive welfare sponge, GO KILL YOURSELF YOURE MAKING EVERYONES LIVE DIFFICULT.
>>
File: skully.png (3 MB, 6452x8744) Image search: [Google]
skully.png
3 MB, 6452x8744
I basically was self taught . I do some digital, but i like to use chalk pastels (but I don't have any images of them and they're all at the studio). My digital stuff is pretty lame
>>
File: image.png (406 KB, 648x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
406 KB, 648x768
>>2457194
I-I honestly was just trying to help, what else do you tell someone whose been practicing the basics for years and still has no improvement and hates everything they do
>>
File: brahn proplemz.jpg (120 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
brahn proplemz.jpg
120 KB, 800x450
>>2453732
>namefag
>Black

Get rid of that name and lurk moar

>>2459990
Calm you're autism and go draw something faggot
>>
>>2453732
Get out kiddo :^)
>>
>>2460109
Mods you missed a spot.
>>
Just drew a lot because I was a loner. I also learned early on that those fucking scholastic "HOW DRAW MANGA" books are shit. I found Andy Loomis' and George Bridgman's books, as well as ctrl+paint.com and Mark Chong's drawing tutorials. I particularly like Mark Chong, I really feel as if he isn't utilizing all the raw talent and skill he has but he's still my art hero. He's a genius imo.
>>
>cant draw for shit
>went to fzd
>learned in 1 year
>have job now
>>
>>2460322
Their videos are so good, was it enjoyable? Singapore is pretty multicultural right, how did you like it?
>>
>>2460362
indians are smelly as fuck, they should all just shrivel up and die
>>
>>2457182
>never really readed a book
Story checks out.
>>
File: 1442211221268.jpg (1 MB, 1999x1371) Image search: [Google]
1442211221268.jpg
1 MB, 1999x1371
Pretending to be studying for 2 years then actually studying for about 4 months with the 2 years of jacking around stacked on top.
>>
>>2445730
I didn't.

I've been bullshitting this whole time and no one's figured it out.
>>
File: skull-practice2.jpg (67 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
skull-practice2.jpg
67 KB, 1200x900
I learned mostly through studying in the last few years. I drew a lot as a kid, but it was primarily edgy weeaboo garbage. Even had a beautifully cringey vampire "comic" I tried to get off the ground with a friend, which mostly consisted of ripping off Legacy of Kain and Underworld as much we possibly could. I keep one sketchbook full of drawings from that time as a constant reminder. never again.
>>
>>2445730
Been drawing since I was old enough to hold a pencil. Kindergarten teacher told my mom it would be worth getting me art lessons, so I was lucky enough to have tutors on and off over the years as we could afford them. I drew all the time, every day. To this day I have boxes worth of old sketchbooks, loose drawings, and sketches on literally any scrap of paper I could lay my hands on. Just gotta keep at it!
>>
I got really excited about the visual medium, wanting to express all these stories and ideas in my head. I studied and practiced everyday for a whole year, looking up everything I could. Buying books, reading em, studying comics/manga/etc, taking photos of myself and using those as reference. I knew I was shit, but I didn't care because I knew I would do good in the future if I tried the best I could.
4 years later and here I am. I never finish anything, unmotivated, depressed, and can't even bother to do good sketches.
>>
>>2462901
>a whole year
Meant 2 1/2 but it's not like it means much anyways
>>
>>2462904
I've been drawing seriously for the last 5 or 6 years and I'm still shit
>>
>>2462901
you are me
just not at 11 years of "trying" yet

i just can't seem to learn anything and nothing i draw makes me happy. i keep drawing, but i wonder every time "why do i keep trying?".

i just want to draw the best anime boobs, thats it, but shit is 1 billion times harder than you could ever hope to imagine.

and the worst part is, i have so much free time that i feel like im wasting it trying to learn art as a hobby.
>>
>>2445730
Boredom and a lack of money in the family for nearly all of my childhood. Also intense autism so I never did anything with anyone.

I started drawing a lot when I was around 7 - 8. Mostly trying to copy what I saw. Apparently I was really good at it for my age too, considering I was redrawing a lot of stuff from doctor suess books around that time. Eventually got into videogames and started drawing a lot of Pokemon crash bandicoot, bloody roar etc. couldn't recreate that stuff accurately, but I was getting better at posing characters I was drawing instead.

Videogames took over for a while as life got difficult. Didn't draw as much. Eventually found anime. Started with bleach. Drew a lot of swords and OC's. Drew for about a year and got pretty good at shading. Never learnt to colour during my 5 years of drawing at this point.

High school started. Didn't draw much as I was getting into the swing of a new lifestyle. 6 months in, I transfer to a different high school. Notice an art exhibition is going on in library.
>autism.jpeg activates
Submit something. Be artsy with a high contrast image of edgy dude and girl. Brought it to school. Submit it. 3 weeks later realise it's for the arts students and I just gave something I regret to a bunch of librarians. Stopped drawing for a while after that.

Come back 1 year alter and decide to draw some monsters because I'm bored and I don't have vidya for the next 11 months. Keep finding things to copy. Perfect my line work over the next 11 months. Decide to draw a Chinese dragon OC with a weird never ending story vibe. Gave it blocky wood for scales and a beard. Drew it on A3. Best thing I did, even if it's pretty sketchy. After that developed a pretty anime-sequel style, similar to attack on Titan with large outlines and exaggerated features, but decidedly less pronounced. Never learnt to colour though.
>>
>>2445730
I didn't
>>
File: 1425691510232.jpg (45 KB, 448x486) Image search: [Google]
1425691510232.jpg
45 KB, 448x486
>earliest memories of drawing are me at around 4-5 drawing really bad Pokemon/Links all over my grandpa's Navy book
>don't really draw because of reasons for about 3 years
>it's the late 90's- cn and nick are in their prime so I would try to draw a bunch of characters on my own, classmates said I was good
>got addicted to that feeling
>be poor as fuck/parents don't really notice my drawing interests
>end up drawing on spare notebook/copy paper with a pen everyday afterschool for years, just gay little comics about kids having adventures 'cause never had real ones
>continue this until around 15 when a math teacher gave me my first sketchbook
>what the fuck is a sketchbook
>dad finds out, gets pissed that a grown ass man would pay attention to a chubby awkward teen and just give them something- thinks he's a deviant, forbids me to accept gifts from adults
>whatever, start getting sketchbooks on the reg now
>really start to draw for hours everyday, had a desktop and headphones so my nights were filled with music, anime, and DA (before it was known for autism)
>would draw and internet instead any meaningful social interaction outside of class throughout my teen years
>didn't enroll in art until senior year because I always thought of myself as inferior, never called myself an artist, think they're just being nice the entire time when they say I'm good, etc
>it's my last year of hs with a half empty schedule and no friends, filled up my time with a design class and the advanced art class so I wouldn't have to go home early/be alone with my thoughts
>surprised myself, did good throughout the year, even sold a piece out of the whole class- realized this is what I want
>start college, get sidetracked cause I start experimenting with drugs/fall in love, go through DK effect
>take life drawing
>realize what I was doing wrong but drop out anyway because of mental issues resurfacing
>mfw now 23 year old depressed NEET but at least I can draw

/lifestory thanks for reading
>>
>>2464579

So you've only copied artworks of other people, with no actual studies in between? Any books you've read/practiced from?

I'm curious because it kinda looks similar to my situation, although I'm rarely inspired to draw anything and so far having a lengthy break.
>>
>>2464880
Doubt you can draw. Post work.
>>
I haven't, I don't know how to draw.
>>
File: Qq5s162.png (242 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
Qq5s162.png
242 KB, 500x382
>>2459593
Whatever you say anon.
>>
Not being allowed outdoors helped. Dangerous ghetto neighborhood n a single parent mother that worked long hours meant no sunlight time for me. In middle school it was kinda an ongoing competition between the 5 of us that cpuld draw. Always trying to outdo eachother. Looked through lowrider art mags. In highschool would get paid to draw dbz charachters and stuff from magic cards...ppl try to buy my drawings from me. Go to army n draw on my downtime through deployment. Come back n get out of army. Start going to college for BFA in game art n design. Quit halfway through cuz i had mommin to do. My offspring needs me! Trying not give into depression too much n force myself into making more art....gotta do more perspectives studies n anatomy studies. Trying to get a few pieces sold this year. Been doing tattoo work.
>>
>>2460701
If that pic is from you, please post more.
Also- if it`s yours- are you selling?
>>
>>2465053
Yeah he is a regular here. Did some great wood engraving, they get posted here all the time.
>>
>>2445730
I inherited the talent from my dad who is a painter.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2464913
I mostly have half finished sketches of kawaii anime girls and no scanner so go ahead and fuck my shit up fampai
>>
i draw off and on and hope i get better in the interim
>>
My mother was naturally talented. She's the reason I believe some people just have a natural talent in art-- obv it needs nurturing and work later on, but there's paintings she has done at 13 that are at the level of an adult professional. She never made anything of it, never really tried, didn't have interest beyond just doing it as a hobby.

I inherited some of it. I spent every night in front of the TV going through a stack of a4 paper. Me and my sister would have games where we made up a story and draw it as we went along. I had an interest in animated films that went beyond just enjoying them, and by the time I was 6 I was telling everyone I was going to be an animator.

I got depressed as a teenager and stopped drawing as much. I picked it back up later on and now I've been seriously drawing again for the last 4 years (I was still good enough to get into a media uni for animation). Honestly I think I learn faster than average in drawing, but I have had too many depressive phases that halt all improvement. Working hard now tho, and getting better fast.
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 960x697) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 960x697
Grew up only child, used to draw to pass the time. Cartoons and comics were a huge impact. Graffiti.

This is my dog laying on its ear. She's really a snugglebug.
>>
File: LumaPictures_deadpool_8.jpg (83 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
LumaPictures_deadpool_8.jpg
83 KB, 1200x675
>>2459525
>>
>>2465493
Those are pretty small women.
>>
>>2465579
You callin me a pedo or is it cause they're bunched together?
>>
>>2465586
Filthy kid buncher
>>
>>2465493
kawaii desu senpai.
>>
File: 1035x1348-pappy-1800-1386265855.jpg (375 KB, 1035x1348) Image search: [Google]
1035x1348-pappy-1800-1386265855.jpg
375 KB, 1035x1348
I don't even know anymore, I've been drawing since I can remember, at least somewhat seriously (seriously but aimlessly) for the last 15 years.

This guy is probably what sparked my initial interest in drawing.
I watched loads of PBS growing up because family was too poor for cable and drawing was something I could do that didn't cost anything.

Probably around the age of 5-6 I got interested in making comics, made some shitty comic which I'm pretty sure I titled as DarkMan, based the story structure off Spiderman lol.
Had a lot of fun with that.

Suddenly DragonBall Z, hype level maximum.
Every guy my age (now 7-8) copying Dragon ball scenes.
One of my childhood friend lives nearby and has an extensive collection of DBZ manga so I spend a lot of time at his place, reading and drawing DBZ.

Eventually get cable , DBZ, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Card Captor Sakura, Escaflowne, Medabots, my drawing interest is definitely at an all time high at this point.
Eventually we get a computer and then internet access, I start searching the web for animu tutorials, fall on Julie Dillon's tutorials which I believe were sponsored by the how to draw manga books, my drawings start to improve.
Christmas is coming up so I ask for the How to draw Manga books and drawing materials as my gift.
Christmas comes around and I get Christopher Hart's book instead lol.

Still, it was enough to get me started.

Found an art community that hosted some amateur manga, wanted to upload my drawings to the forums so I bought a flatbed scanner with some money I saved up, paid about 120$ for it lol.
Had to walk 2km to and from the small electronics store that I bought it from in the summer heat with the dumbest grin on my face.
Eventually bought a tablet (wacom graphire) in 2005 and moved more and more into digital work.

Been drawing on and off ever since.
>>
>>2465564
exactly what I wast thinking.
>>
>>2465493
more kawaii uguu's
>>
File: 1427226139274.gif (2 MB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
1427226139274.gif
2 MB, 500x222
>>2465590
I can see why you'd think that, but no. Real kids are gross and annoying, am actually attracted to guys well past puberty irl

>>2465622
Thanks

>>2465720
O-okay, tomorrow I'll upload a few of my moeblob sketches
>>
>>2465712
Oh shit, Pappyland! I forgot all about that show, but seeing that picture made the theme song play in my head and the memories came back. I guess that kind of was what first got me to start enjoying improving at drawing a lot as a kid. I can remember mailing the drawings I did along with the show in with the hopes they'd be featured in a future episode, and wanting to get better so they actually had a chance to be. Damn.
>>
>>2465919
I didnt really think you were a kid buncher anon.
>>
>>2464880
>>2465493
>at least I can draw
Pretty worth it
>>
>>2465515
torso's a little long buddy
>>
>all this "NO DRAWING FROM YOUR IMAGINATION" faggotry

Stop.

>>2465712
>Had to walk 2km to and from the small electronics store that I bought it from in the summer heat with the dumbest grin on my face.

C O M F Y
>>
Is there anyone here who actually got decent at drawing alone ?

I can't help but think that some people are naturally better than others, when it comes to art and music.
>>
>>2465493
pretty fucking segoui anon
>>
>>2465493
>>2465515

Do you guys draw everyday ?
>>
>>2445730
copying cartoons for awhile, "muh style" phase, betty edwards right side of the brain, and finally vippuu

>its not even an april fools joke, its actually that simple
>>
>>2449222

>what is being a bitch and not telling them to their face that they are lazy not gonna make it asshole; for 100 dollars
>>
>>2451189
Alex?
>>
File: 1456729745629.png (9 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1456729745629.png
9 KB, 426x364
>bored af in class
>start drawing to pass time
>realize it's the thing I'm the best at
>now 18, entering art school
>>
>>2449222
It's Senpai-a-lam you miitomo sperg
Kalands would be disappointed
>>
>>2468135
Basically this too. Bored as fuck in class in grade school just started drawing video game shit on the sides of my notebooks and kept doing it, still do that in college.
>>
>>2459997
my fucking eyes
>>
>>2445820
What books do you recommend?
>>
>>2468135
Same, but without art school. I just draw during classes,
>>
Everyone here started Drawing at a really young age and i only started it when i was 13 ;p
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.