[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pls help me /ic/, I'm lost. It's high time I started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1453370206323.png (3 MB, 1400x6521) Image search: [Google]
1453370206323.png
3 MB, 1400x6521
Pls help me /ic/, I'm lost.
It's high time I started taking art seriously and I'm lost at where to start. I have some knowledge on anatomy and light and shadow, and my best works were just studies of still life and heads but it took me a long ass time to do these.
I want to git gud and make the most of my drawing time, there are no decent art schools in my country and I feel like I'm gonna waste years for nothing (there is classical painting but rich kids buy their way in and they only accept 15 students a year).
My dilemma is I don't know really where to begin, what to go balls deep into first and what areas require some prerequisite knowledge.
Now, I found this and it looks pretty dank to me, what do you think?
Can this be applied to landscape later on? I already downloaded some books too. I feel like a complete retard, I'm sure threads like these are common but I'm really lost..
tl;dr Where to begin? How to make the most out of my drawing time?
Learning by myself, pls halp!
>>
>>2445653
6+ hours a day no excuses only constant is u
>>
>>2445653
>mastery guide from someone not even close to mastery
why
>>
>>2445660
I know that already. Been working for 3 weeks and I feel like I'm not doing it properly, I haven't learned much, I feel like I should make a plan and focus.
>>
>>2445670
Thank you, that 6th level mastery crap is bs.
>>
>>2445841
yh but desu think this applies to anime/manga only rly..
>>
Kind of hard to say where you should start without seeing your current skill level, personal strengths/weakensses, and goals. If you could post something that'd help.
But given the fact that you're putting trust in an image with such poor examples of mastery, I'm guessing you're a beginner.

Lurk the beginner threads and artbook threads for tips and resources. If you need guidance but have no access to a teacher, it's probably better to research and commit to working through a good book that can send you off in the right direction and help you become your own teacher, rather than relying on tacky free internet tutorials that could be made by anyone, which you might not have the eye to judge the quality of.
Check out http://drawabox.com
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.