[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is gf hopeless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: _20160315_231815.jpg (53 KB, 720x575) Image search: [Google]
_20160315_231815.jpg
53 KB, 720x575
Greetings /ic/, first time poster. My girlfriend told me she was trying to draw "dexter" from some show she likes. I told her to show me, and after a lot of convincing she sent me this. What do you think? Is she hopeless? Can she even be taught? What do I say? What advice can I even give her? If we have a child will they be able to draw?
>>
Give her the loomis.
>>
>>2444286
What the fuck is the loomis
>>
File: 1458103898808.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
1458103898808.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>2444286
>>
I'm afraid if you ever have a child it will look like the drawing.
>>
She is completely uncultivated. Give her a canvas and painting materials and she will be an outsider artist. Tell her not to train at all, just to paint what she wants.
>>
>>2444291
I don't want a deviant art tier child.

>>2444298
Are you saying she has potential as an abstract artist? Or that she is so unteachable she should only paint for her own amusement? Because no one will ever appreciate her work?
>>
>>2444280
No one is ever hopeless. Unless they are dead. Then they can't do much anything besides stay dead.

No, I think that your girlfriend can succeed if she puts in the effort, practices, looks at some art books, learns some tips, practices (practice every day), and genuinely enjoys it.

Art is fun, and I think that the fact that she put pencil onto paper means two things: 1. She wants to draw, and would be willing to do it more often, and 2. She is not dead.
>>
>>2444321
What tips would you give her? She might be beyond my ability to teach. I'll do my best though.
>>
>>2444286
give her all of loomis
>>
>>2444280
Are you sure you didn't draw that and are hiding behind you imaginary gf because you know it's bad anon?
>>
>>2444280

It's going to take a lot of work, discipline and perseverance and no one can help her with that. It s to come from within herself, a drive if you will. Your question about offspring is retarded btw. Please don't procreate, there are enough morons in the gene pool as is.
>>
File: 1444541757416.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1444541757416.png
12 KB, 645x773
>>2444280
It's a shit drawing from someone who doesn't know how to draw? Stop the presses.

If she truly, genuinely wants to learn how to draw well, she needs to go through what everyone else did: learn and practice. A lot. She won't be the next Loomis overnight but MAYBE she could get even somewhere on the same plane as him if she put the time into it.

>Can she even be taught?

Are you a retard? Yes, I'm triggered.
>>
no she cant,
no one could possibly be this much out of proportion and without detail unless they are retarded or half blind or just has half a hand.
she cant be taught. maybe she has other qualities which i dont think.
>>
I'd dump her.
>>
>>2444280
sorry OP, she doesn't have the spark. you must distance her from you lest you too come to lose your spark
>>
>>2444358
I understand where you're coming from projection anon but its all real.>>2444371 fuck you

How often should I have her practice? Do you think she has potential? I could draw better than this in early middle school, I'm just scared.

>>2444386
She's cute but I'm started to fear its her only quality. Its almost as if she put all of her skill points into charisma or something.>>2444388
I'd rather not but if it comes down to it I'll have to do it.

>>2444539
Do you really think that? How likely do you think it is that I'll lose the spark? She talks about marriage sometimes, idk if its worth risking my spark..
>>
>>2444539
hey, if she's hot i wouldnt mind losing my spark for a bit of that if you know what i mean ;)
>>
>>2444323

>I'll do my best though.

Given that you made this thread and asked the questions you did, you're less qualified than she is.
>>
>>2446495
You're not worth the spark then. You only risk things for the spark, never the other way around.

I mean do you even spark?
>>
>>2444280
Wow you're kind of a dick for judging your girlfrined, who you seem to know isn't an artist (and who even didn't want to show you initially because she knows it's not as good as what you possibly can make) but you're being a dick badmouthing her work on the internet to strangers.

Instead of being a douchebag, go to the store, buy her a basic drawing book (you can reccommend loomis later, get her into it by helping her draw things she likes like maybe animals . make sure the book isn't garbage of course), a sketchbook, and some supplies. Draw her a fucking rose on the first page.

Then give them to her and tell her you were excited by her drawing and you want to help her learn to draw even better (PUT THE "EVEN" THERE or else you sound like a douche. Nonartists are more sensitive than an average beginner, until you know whethero r not she wants to draw seriously, dumb down what you'd say to encourage her.

Never be overly harsh with her, always compliment sandwich if you're going to critique her.

This is your girlfriend. You don't want her to think you're mean if she isn't used to being criticized.

But i honestly hope she dumps you, you sound like a tool.
>>
>>2446510
For the record I gave you good advice to help her learn to draw and not get your ass dumped if she ever finds out you basically were making fun of her being a beginner (which you are)..

I gave you good advice because your girlfriend deserves to be happy and doing something sweet like this while encouraging her will definitely not only encourage her to at least give it a serious try to learn, but also show you support her.
>>
>>2444280
no one is hopless op.

Im top 1% now and i started in the low 80s in raw talent terms your gf is not that far behind from where i started so it is possible.
>>
File: 28665493-01.jpg (1 MB, 2652x1835) Image search: [Google]
28665493-01.jpg
1 MB, 2652x1835
>>2444280
How the fuck could she not line up the eyes on lined paper?
>>
>>2446541
I'd like to think she was going for the sideways tilt of the head. But she just forgot to tilt everything other than the eyes.
>>2446510
Triggeed?
>>
>>2444280
OP, post photos of grillfriend. We will decide if she is worth the trouble. If the the cuteness out ways the sacrifices.
>>
>>2444287
Loomis is a artist like proffesional not like everyone here who had a book published that covers a lot of stuff that everyone should know, some people here treat him like the benchmark for art but other hate him and i don't why
>>
>>2446518
>Im top 1% now and i started in the low 80s in raw talent terms your gf is not that far behind from where i started so it is possible.
This pretty much sums up /ic/ for me.
>>
>>2444323
Is she retarded or what? Why would you have to teach her if you're not an artist either?
She probably is if she doesn't think that's the worst drawing that ever existed, I'm sure she's a huge ambitionless normalfag so that is the only reason why she won't succeed. Talent doesn't exist, only hard work exists and if she's a stupid cute cunt, don't even bother. She's just gonna say that it's her style or some other stupid excuse.
>>
>>2446668
Are you 12? Have you ever had a relationship that lasted more than a month? You won't care about her cuteness after you've fucked her a few times and you won't be able to live with an uneducated bitch.
>>
>>2447035
Clearly, >>2446668 wants OP's supposed girlfriend's pictures for Pollock-ish purposes.

And whilst we're at it, one can also assume that you've never had the chance to date, or even sex a muse-like beauty.

>inb4 muses are muses, not d8s
>>
>>2447035
>>2447056

Reddit was right, 4chan is filled with assholes no matter what board you go on. I'll have you know, I've sexed multiple muses over multiple months.
>>
>>2446654
It's good advice, stop being a cunt.
>>
>>2446510
>white knighting someones girlfriend
>>
>>2447323
>Thinking someone shouldn't post their girlfriend's probably first attempt at art online for people to make fun of

But then again this board is mostly virgins hoping to jack off to their own art one day so of course i'm the odd one out
>>
>>2444280
>sticky.
>>
>>2446475
>>2444280

She's basically like everyone that hasn't started seriously studying drawing. Look at the examples of the progress people have made in a week in the lady who wrote Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and you'll see they went to where she is to drawing realistic decent portrait. Once you make the idea that you must draw what you see not what you think you see it's just a matter of repetition and practice guided by books or teachers or whatever.

Go get her Keys to Drawing (my favorite) or Drawing on the Left Side of the Brain from the library and you'll be amazed how much she progresses overnight.
>>
OP i think you might be dating a child
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.