[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crappy artstation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: CX10rYhWYAA27g.jpg (112 KB, 1024x580) Image search: [Google]
CX10rYhWYAA27g.jpg
112 KB, 1024x580
http://imgur.com/lgbeC2m So many people stealing screenshots, movie stills, photos, painting over and pooping all over the original work, calling it concept art and all sorts of crap. Adding stuff on a study and calling it fan art or personal work ZZZZZZZZZ
>>
Name of the Artist?
>>
Why do you care? Likes on ArtStation (or any other social network) don't amount for shit. That only shows how shit your ambitions are.
>>
>>2443770

that's why the only thing that gives your work value is following / popularity. being 'legit' is completely worthless.
>>
>>2443770
Shit, and I followed him.Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>2443775
Dont get me wrong, I dont care THAT much, its annoying yes, I have to admit, but its not like hes gonna steal my likes LOL. Since when has deceiving people and one self been a good thing to ignore tho?
Artstation link; https://www.artstation.com/artist/sanmingsanri
>>
>>2443770

a lot (most) of his work is really really ugly and lazy. but some of it is also quite good.
>>
>>2443775

That's where you are wrong. Being popular on social media clearly increases your chances of getting work.
>>
File: 1429632650721.jpg (101 KB, 743x564) Image search: [Google]
1429632650721.jpg
101 KB, 743x564
>>2443776

This. It's frustrating that the art field is turning into a hodgepodge of hack photobashers and photo-paintoverers who couldn't draw their way out of a paper bag but who are good at stealing photos and pretending to have painted them, but art snobs like us are literally the only people who care about this. 99.9% of the public will never know and wouldn't care even if they did.

I once saw an illustration contest online where everyone was painting except for one guy who was using photos for all the figures in his pictures. Ofc, the photobasher was winning by a landslide - everyone was very impressed by how awesome his figurative work was. I pointed out that including this guy's photos with everyone else's paintings wasn't fair to the painters and got lambasted and called a retard. To 99% of people, if it looks good, it is good. They don't give a shit about the process behind it or the integrity of the craft or being honest about your methods or any of the stuff art grognards like us care about.

If you want to be a successful artist, stop drawing and start uploading paintovers of photos to social media.
>>
>>2443828
Yeah but lot of the work offers arehomogay shit, but I admit, getting exposure can let many artdirectors see your work, but if your work is just overpaints of photos you will be offered just overpaints of photos. He for sure wouldn't be hiredfor any visual development stage. But if all he wantsto do is do "nice" no offending pictures, good for him, plebian gamestudios and ad agency gonna love him
>>
Mirroring it, how fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>2443861
there's a difference between photobashing to fill in detail, and stealing an entire composition. If you talk like using any photos makes you bad, no one in the industry will take you seriously.
>>
>>2443908
>plebian gamestudios and ad agency gonna love him

anon, my dear anon, it's all plebeian commercial products aimed at broad target audiences. that's why this notaste garbo gets you to wherever you want to go. that's the tragedy of it.
>>
File: pAjsdiuh3iQ.jpg (49 KB, 604x466) Image search: [Google]
pAjsdiuh3iQ.jpg
49 KB, 604x466
>>2443770
HOLY FUK!!1
>>
>>2443861
>2016
>stills thinks that working in the industry is about making beautiful handpainted art and not pumping out concepts as fast as possible in order to cut production time and the associated expenses.
>photobashing is EVIL and ruining THE CRAFT, you should have time to paint beautiful shit and hold up the production pipeline that's depending on your concepts.

Kek
>>
>concept artist
>uwwwaa it's not illustration

>>2442541
>>
>>2443861
The star wars photobash is a bit egregious but the hubris is thinking concept art is actually art in the same sense of timeless oil paintings. You're being paid for your storytelling and designs, not for the actual image you make. What matters is what that concept art is being used, be it a movie or a video game. The end product all the way down the pipeline is the artwork. Not your concept. So that makes you more of a craftsman than an artist.
You can try to make a massive oil painting with all your experience from git gud Ateliers and ARC but we all know its laughably irrelevant in a post-post-modern world thats changing, exponentially faster, each year.
Get comfortable with the idea that the only thing of value these days is your idea that's in service of something bigger.
>>
>>2444472
What concept is he conveying with this? The concept that he can edit a photo?

Concept artists are expected to be able to come up with neat ideas and draw/communicate them quickly. Inserting a background behind figure in a photo is not concept art. It's editing.
>>
>>2443770
damn what a bummer
I thought he drew it all by himself. Anyway, still learned a bit about strokes from this one.
>>
>>2444578
>>he can edit a photo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2zQq4hsykk
>>
>>2444578
It more of a fake it till you make it. I guess if your get a job and you are at least average, then company won'tbe bothered to try finding someone else and use you
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.