[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like i'm slowly losing interest in art recently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: iStock_000004824291XSmall.jpg (104 KB, 294x408) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000004824291XSmall.jpg
104 KB, 294x408
I feel like i'm slowly losing interest in art recently. And by recent, I mean for the past 3 months. I spend only about 10 mins on something before I scrap it and try again in a few days.

what does /ic/ do in times like these?
>>
>>2442777

jerk off and play dota.
>>
>>2442777
please be week one
>>
>>2442777
I'm actually on the same boat as you anon, with the exception that sometimes I spend 20mins on sketching random shit and get bored afterwards. Sometimes ending up slowly building one page with a sketch a day, makes me feel quite autistic desu.
Perhaps do a day of what theme you like to do (e.g. people, creature and/or paleo art) and try to fill a couple of pages of ketches or, if you do digital, do more than 3 speedpaints or observation studies. All of this while listening to calming cinematic music scores sometimes helps.
>>
It's common for beginner artists to have low endurance with drawing. As you draw more and more, you'll build up mileage and be able to draw longer lengths without getting bored or tired. So just draw every day and you'll get there. Maybe consider taking a class, or attending a life drawing session, since that will pretty much force you draw more.
>>
>>2442777
If it goes on for too long I draw shit I hate.
If everything I do is shit then I won't mind so much if I draw stuff I don't want. For example obese people, old people (this I don't hate but it's pretty difficult in itself for me so I don't mind if everything is not perfect), machinery (not talking about robots and spaceships, talking about real world machinery, like a cargo boat turbine) etc.
It will push you outta the comfort zone and you won't care if it's shit cuz it's a subject you hate.
>>
>>2442791
damn i do the same thing
>>
File: 1452933986487.png (72 KB, 554x724) Image search: [Google]
1452933986487.png
72 KB, 554x724
>>2442777
>how it feels to not have the spark
>>
>>2442860
the thing is, im not new to art. I've been drawing since I was a kid. I don't even know If i should call this an art block because it's not the feeling of "today is not my day", but a more "i'm not in the mood but want to be" feeling. It's a bit hard to explain.
>>2442815
>>2442916
thanks anons. this actually sounds like a good idea. I'll try it out to see how it turns out
>>
>>2442791
nigga its like we are the same person
>>
>>2442777
Sounds like a few people in this thread need a book to work through or a course. However if you don't get the urge to study and go off on tangents that's worrying. For example when I did draw a box I'd go off on tangents during study's and you feel an internal drive to draw certain things because you know it'll teach you something specific. I hope this helps.

Tldr do draw a box or get a book and work through it, don't be scared to go of on tangents
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.