[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need someone with a critical eye. My dad drew this and showed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0226.jpg (213 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0226.jpg
213 KB, 1600x1200
I need someone with a critical eye. My dad drew this and showed it to me. I think it's pretty good, but it just doesn't look finished to me for some reason. He got really disappointed. What do you guys make of it?
>>
File: IMG_0226.jpg (855 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0226.jpg
855 KB, 1200x1600
Fixed the flip
>>
looks like he doesn't have the spark

he's not gonna make it
>>
>>2442598
Am i not seeing what you guys are seeing? This looks pretty gud to me. I don't see how it could be unfinished.
>>
>>2442598
It's great but for a finished look you probably want to push tones on the white feathers

Also would it kill you to take a fucking better pic, your dad is a damn good artist so show some fucking respect you shitson
>>
>>2442652

I think it is good, and maybe most people would consider it to look finished, but I probably should have mentioned that he wants to be a professional. There have been times where I was really blown away by a piece and felt like I'd never achieve that kind of level, but I don't get that when I see his art. I'm not trying to belittle his work, but I don't think he's that top-tier and I can't really articulate that to him.

>>2442678

He took the picture and sent it to me. Maybe this has some bearing on my judgement.
>>
>>2442598
woah that light source is pretty shitty, like it was taken in a dark place? the picture looks so noisy. My advice: if you don't want to use flash then use the sun/natural, neutral light source and not a yellow light source. maybe that's what ruins the details.

from what I'm seeing, his attention to details is pretty good. I don't want to criticise before I can get a better look at it in fear that i might be unfair to him. The black doesn't look very pronounced. (but that might be the camera's fault?)
>>
The problem is that it lacks value structure and it's flattening the form. Like if you desaturate it in photoshop you'll see. There's a lack of clear directional light source(s).
>>
I think there isn't enough tonal range and there doesn't seem to be a clear light source, the eyes don't look dark enough especially. kinda hard to tell with shit tier pic though
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.