[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Designing embroidery patches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Os9AN3k.jpg (60 KB, 800x710) Image search: [Google]
Os9AN3k.jpg
60 KB, 800x710
Hello /ic/
/dbt/ here.

I am trying to design a patch which will go on the back of my jacket.

Now, I have a design in my head which I want to get embroided. I have found a company which is willing to do it for me as a 1 off (It's usually hard to find anything that does no minimum order)

Anyway, I am struggling with designing it.

Can someone help me?

Do I just give them reference photos and ask them to do it themselves, or should I just send them a final design ?

I'd prefer the final design route.

What's the best file type, art style and referencing method for this kind of thing?

this is the website, maybe you'll be able to tell me what I need to do to get the best result?

I will post images of what I want to make into the patch.

Would this thread be better on /diy/?

apologies if I'm all over the place, slightly drunk and excited to be moving this forward, so i'm a bit hyper.

All and any help appreciated
>>
File: huzar.jpg (30 KB, 393x550) Image search: [Google]
huzar.jpg
30 KB, 393x550
>>2440787
I don't know how fast this board is.

but a little bump or two for more references.

I want it to be this proud standing winged hussar. With some kind of White and red flag.
>>
>>2440810
What I've been planning to do is to get these images into photoshop and then play with the treshhold to get rid of smooth gradients and therefore be able to embroider it nicely.

Will that be something that works?
>>
>>2440810
It's a really slow board You could probably leave it for a week without needing to bump
>>
File: husaria.jpg (26 KB, 425x367) Image search: [Google]
husaria.jpg
26 KB, 425x367
I'm just finidng it ultra difficult to get my head around how the design needs to look for a seuccesful embroided patch.

I won't bump anymore, so if no one know anything, just let this die.
>>
bump?

these are the guys i'll be using
>>
>>2443129
forgot link, my bad:
>http://www.embroidered-patches.co.uk/
>>
THANKS FOR THE HELP YOU FUCKING CUNTS
>>
>>2444911
good thing they didn't help you, cunt
>>
>>2440787
Did Sam Peterson draw that
>>
File: 10TIHAY_0051.jpg (80 KB, 700x623) Image search: [Google]
10TIHAY_0051.jpg
80 KB, 700x623
>this is the website, maybe you'll be able to tell me what I need to do to get the best result?

why dont you just talk to the shop you're getting the embroidery done at. how are we supposed to know what their parameters are?
>>
>apologies if I'm all over the place, slightly drunk and excited to be moving this forward, so i'm a bit hyper.

what are you, 14?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.